Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cover-up: MMORPG.com staff is trying to conceal TOR's low population!

2»

Comments

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by darkehawke

I have footage of Obama personally ordering the cover up of the SWTOR population figures. Meet me under the water tower at midnight and I'll tell you everything. Come alone, and make sure you're not followed.

I believe that's our local dogging site, so excuse me but I will decline.
  • arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by Byzok

What is the point of your post?  If you do not like the game, move on or return to what ever entertains you. 

Point is there's low pop servers out there and if bw still don't wana do anything more players will leave. If patch 1.2 don't make it better.

last I check, this is still quite an open discussion forum.

RIP Orc Choppa

• nekrothingnekrothing Member Posts: 302

For those saying that I'm trolling: Would I have bothered subbing to this game if I didn't enjoy playing it? Would I have bothered getting a character to level 50? Would I have bothered making a Republic alt after getting a character to level 50?

Truth is, I enjoy the game. In fact, I'm still subbing and am very much looking forward to the 1.2 update. However, I can't (and neither can you) deny the fact that the population for this game is declining. I'm just sharing some of the pictures that I've taken throughout the course of my playthrough to showcase the fact that the population is in decline.

For those saying it's just a conspiracy theory: It's not a theory if it's true. The MMORPG.com staff has been deleting every single one of my pictures within minutes of them being uploaded. Not once, not twice, not three times, but on nearly twenty different occasions. They are very clearly trying to hide the fact that this game's population is degrading.

• ScribZScribZ Member Posts: 424

Originally posted by nekrothing

For those saying that I'm trolling: Would I have bothered subbing to this game if I didn't enjoy playing it? Would I have bothered getting a character to level 50? Would I have bothered making a Republic alt after getting a character to level 50?

Truth is, I enjoy the game. In fact, I'm still subbing and am very much looking forward to the 1.2 update. However, I can't (and neither can you) deny the fact that the population for this game is declining. I'm just sharing some of the pictures that I've taken throughout the course of my playthrough to showcase the fact that the population is in decline.

For those saying it's just a conspiracy theory: It's not a theory if it's true. The MMORPG.com staff has been deleting every single one of my pictures within minutes of them being uploaded. Not once, not twice, not three times, but on nearly twenty different occasions. They are very clearly trying to hide the fact that this game's population is degrading.

You are aware that MMORPG forums have rules on duplicate threads right? And that they do already have a main thread for XFire vs SWTOR. If you wish to discuss how you believe XFire is the voice of God himself when it comes to MMORPGs, then please, use the appropriate thread to do so in. Making multiple threads over and over and over and over and over again on the same topic which is already being discussed in another will only get your thread closed by the moderators here.

As for Xfire itself, I dont use it, nobody I know who plays online games uses it, and nobody they know uses it. There fore, XFire is only relivant to the people who use it. It means absolutely nothing.

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

Ok dont think its a conspiracy BUT

Damn that is a bloody low population!! To be fair though of all my frinds (including me sadly) who foolishly bought it only 1 is still playing >90% have quit. Though we are PvP focussed and well you know...this game lacks any real PvP. Our fault I suppose.

I would be worried if I was EA though

• insanejoshinsanejosh Member Posts: 26

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/121712995-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/121690463-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/121671543-4.jpg

I've recently been posting some screenshots of TOR's population, only to have them be continually deleted by the MMORPG.com staff. They're trying to cover-up the fact that this game is dying, even when hard evidence is being provided, by deleting any screenshots that showcase this game's true population. These three screenshots were deleted within minutes of being posted to the gallery.

First off lets see your map and show us which instance of the zone you are in. You could be in Ilum 3 which just started for all we know. Same with your imperial and rebel fleet pictures.

This shows nothing to me. I log in on primetime and see 100+ on imperial fleet. The ilum SS is worthless, since nobody goes to Ilum anylonger. 

[mod edit]

• nekrothingnekrothing Member Posts: 302

Originally posted by ScribZ

You are aware that MMORPG fforums have rules on duplicate threads right? And that they do already have a main thread for XFire vs SWTOR. If you wish to discuss how you believe XFire is the voice of God himself when it comes to MMORPGs, then please, use the appropriate thread to do so in. Making multiple threads over and over and over and over and over again on the same topic which is already being discussed in another will only get your thread closed by the moderators here.

As for Xfire itself, I dont use it, nobody I know who plays online games uses, nobody they know uses it. There fore, XFire is only relivant to the people who use it. It means absolutely nothing.

I only used Xfire to upload my pictures. Xfire has nothing to do with the discussion, so I don't know why you're bringing it up. Did you even look at my pictures?

• ByzokByzok Member UncommonPosts: 8

I am sorry then!  Thank thee upstanding citizens for this information!  With out poeple like you, how would developers know if the population was dropping or not?  I know if I was a game developer I would give upstanding citizens as yourself a year free for such  information.

• darkehawkedarkehawke Member Posts: 178

I agree with you that there is a population issue, and I agree that MMORPG.com have shown considerable favourable biasedness toward swtor.

It's just hard to take any claims of a coverup seriously as let's be honest, a lot of people do it at the drop of a hat. I'm willing to bet if you had titled the thread "why are my posts being deleted?" you'd have got more of a discussion then this. 

Currently playing- SWG PreCU & GW 2
    Have tried WoW, AoC, & Vanguard, SWG:NGE, GW, LOTRO & SWTOR
    Best MMO: SWG
    Worst MMO: SWTOR

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

You are aware that MMORPG forums have rules on duplicate threads right? And that they do already have a main thread for XFire vs SWTOR. If you wish to discuss how you believe XFire is the voice of God himself when it comes to MMORPGs, then please, use the appropriate thread to do so in. Making multiple threads over and over and over and over and over again on the same topic which is already being discussed in another will only get your thread closed by the moderators here.

As for Xfire itself, I dont use it, nobody I know who plays online games uses it, and nobody they know uses it. There fore, XFire is only relivant to the people who use it. It means absolutely nothing.

Will you please read and actually look at his post? He's not talking about Xfire at all. All he used Xfire for is to take the screenie. This is not a tread about Xfire at all.

Fanboys get so wroked up that they go blind to what actually is being said.

• nonthalnonthal Member UncommonPosts: 57

The thing is, yes some of the servers are low, but some are doing very well still. Sanctum of the Exalted, my server, seems very stable - at least on Empire side. Fleet is usually between 75-130 people, depending on the time. Lowest I think I saw was around 40, but that was at like 1 in the afternoon.

IMO, Bioware simply launched with waaay to many servers. They over estimated how many players they were going to get. They need to do a merge, but doing so would just cause more people to scream that the game is dying. Its a no win situation - no matter how they approach the issue of the low pop servers, they are going to get blasted by someone.

Originally posted by insanejosh

I've recently been posting some screenshots of TOR's population, only to have them be continually deleted by the MMORPG.com staff. They're trying to cover-up the fact that this game is dying, even when hard evidence is being provided, by deleting any screenshots that showcase this game's true population. These three screenshots were deleted within minutes of being posted to the gallery.

First off lets see your map and show us which instance of the zone you are in. You could be in Ilum 3 which just started for all we know. Same with your imperial and rebel fleet pictures.

This shows nothing to me. I log in on primetime and see 100+ on imperial fleet. The ilum SS is worthless, since nobody goes to Ilum anylonger. 

[mod edit]

Not all servers are equal

Lol, actually read the thread, it has nothing to do with XFire, the pictures are just hosted there, feel a bit silly?
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Well now the game can be played as it should have been developed. A single player RPG.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

OP needs to get a hobby

Originally posted by nonthal

The thing is, yes some of the servers are low, but some are doing very well still. Sanctum of the Exalted, my server, seems very stable - at least on Empire side. Fleet is usually between 75-130 people, depending on the time. Lowest I think I saw was around 40, but that was at like 1 in the afternoon.

IMO, Bioware simply launched with waaay to many servers. They over estimated how many players they were going to get. They need to do a merge, but doing so would just cause more people to scream that the game is dying. Its a no win situation - no matter how they approach the issue of the low pop servers, they are going to get blasted by someone.

They got plenty of players to begin with. They just failed to retain them and now there's too many servers. But if they merge it'll be seen as the game failing so they're in a bit of a pickle on that front

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

Till few days ago i wouldnt know what to think of your post Nekrothing but after i started a thread in general discussion with title ( Give us something knew )  my response to a usual  way to nerdrage boys respond type stop grinning ,stop bitcing etc and after the well deserved response i gave him the staff  edited his message and DELETED MY response with the excuse of flaming....

If your accusations about your continual posting with pictures getting deleted by the MMMORPG staff are true - and i have no reason to believe otherwise- i can only comment their behavior as FASCISTIC and completely UNACEPTABLE and everyone can make hypothetic assumptions regaurding wether or not the sites are getting paid or not by various dev companies to spread a supposed good image of a well state fare for their products.

If something like that would be true MMORPG.COM could be considered completely UNRELIABLE.

Originally posted by nonthal

How many of those very well servers are very well because the people that are still playing had to move there because everyone else left? I think the game started off with all servers being well off but now if it's just a few then ....yeah duh.

Start doing a head count for everyone on your sever that started the game on that server. Think you'll be big enough to admit what I bet you'll find?

Originally posted by Shatter30

OP needs to get a hobby

Maybe he should try an MMO?
  • toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Its no secret this site has its nose so far up EA's rear end that its sad.

Once upon a time I came here to get somewhat professional reviews. That time has come and gone. The reviews and previews are nothing more than lips to butt service now. Its not limited to EA, but it definatly feels that they push EA games overly hard, even their single player games.

All i can think about now is that article that was title "list of innovations in SWTOR" and in the actually article on almost every point it stated that "this isnt neccesarily innovative" . What a sad article that was.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

please post screenies from every server so we have reason to believe its dying.

EDIT: and do it without Xfire

• KorgborgKorgborg Member UncommonPosts: 116

You had better be careful! 

MMORPG.com staff might downgrade your title!

Oh wait... too late   :DD

If you cut it too short you can always nail a piece on the end.

If you cut it too long then what the hell are you gonna do?

Originally posted by rojo6934

please post screenies from every server so we have reason to believe its dying.

EDIT: and do it without Xfire

Why don't you do it to prove its not.
  • KorgborgKorgborg Member UncommonPosts: 116

Originally posted by Amjoco

Well now the game can be played as it should have been developed. A single player RPG.

+1  lol

If you cut it too short you can always nail a piece on the end.

If you cut it too long then what the hell are you gonna do?

Originally posted by RefMinor

Originally posted by Shatter30

OP needs to get a hobby

Maybe he should try an MMO?

I know off topic but can't help myself.

Just read your sig and all I can say is WOW and ummm WOW again.

Just keep that on the ready and paste it to every overly fanboy post you see.  It's priceless!!image

This discussion has been closed.