Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Novare Coast Preview and Guide

2»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Originally posted by RefMinor

Originally posted by Deathstrike2

Man, some players don't get it.  This is not, never was intended to be, and most likely never will be a game designed around open world PvP.  Figure that out, and you'll either enjoy the game for what it is or move on.

It's Star Wars and it was sold as that.

yeah I'll be moving on.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Man, some players don't get it.  This is not, never was intended to be, and most likely never will be a game designed around open world PvP.  Figure that out, and you'll either enjoy the game for what it is or move on.

Except for the fact that was a major selling advertisement and a major demo or revealing at a convention.  Funny how people were all over it like "World PVP RAWRRR!!!  It's gonna OWN WoW sooo much and everything else!!!"

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

Originally posted by Ambros123

Except for the fact that was a major selling advertisement and a major demo or revealing at a convention.  Funny how people were all over it like "World PVP RAWRRR!!!  It's gonna OWN WoW sooo much and everything else!!!"

Is this sarcasm?  No one bought TOR for world PVP.  To even imply so, doesn't speak well to your logical appitude.

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421

Sorry if it seemed like a personal attack, it was not meant to be. It only seemed in my perspective that bioware had sent you a prewritten review when compared to the rest of your videos.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Originally posted by Ambros123

This.

Bioware advertised that there would be open-world PVP and that Ilum would be a 100 v. 100 player PvP zone.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• NobadeeftwNobadeeftw Member UncommonPosts: 129

Everytime I see an attractive girl talking about video games on the web, I think of that spoof Red Letter Media did of online gaming reviewers.   Hysterical!

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    Thank you for the info Pokket. I wish huttball field would randomly change for each match and add some more interesting field obstacles for me to knock ppl into!

******Dances with Pokkett!!!!*****

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Originally posted by Banegrivm

Man Bioware just really doesn't get PvP at all. This is liek Alderaan 2.0. Real PvP happens in the open world, in designated PvP areas. DAoC at least got it right. WAR had a great idea but just poorly implemented it. By the time Bioware gets it, it's going to be too late. Guild Wars 2 can't come soon enough.

What a load of crap. Instanced pvp works just fine, open world pvp is completely different and is usually a gankfest or griefers paradise. This is precisely what DaoC was most of the time, 200 v 8, rose tinted glasses does not make the truth any different. It was a complete zerg fest 95% of the time and you know it.

Also this map is very different from Alderran, the placing of the capture points makes this a completely different fight, the only similarity is that it has 3 control points, thats where the similarity ends.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771

Originally posted by Pokket

Man Bioware just really doesn't get PvP at all. This is liek Alderaan 2.0. Real PvP happens in the open world, in designated PvP areas. DAoC at least got it right. WAR had a great idea but just poorly implemented it. By the time Bioware gets it, it's going to be too late. Guild Wars 2 can't come soon enough.

You can't really compare the PvP that UO, DAoC, and WAR had to what SWTOR and WoW have. They are, technically, completely different things. If you don't like instanced PvP, then it's obvious that games like SWTOR and WoW probably aren't for you. I LOVE the PvP in Ultima Online, but I can still really enjoy the PvP SWTOR has to offer.

And while this map is similar to Alderaan, you'll find that the strats people use are different, plus there is no "wow we lost unless we 3cap" threshold that you'll meet in this map. Capturing 2 points and holding can enable a great comback. Honestly, I like both the maps, but I have to admit I probably like this one more.

Folks on these boards don't really understand this concept. Everything released since WoW will be and feel the same to them.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by StoneRoses

You can't really compare the PvP that UO, DAoC, and WAR had to what SWTOR and WoW have. They are, technically, completely different things. If you don't like instanced PvP, then it's obvious that games like SWTOR and WoW probably aren't for you. I LOVE the PvP in Ultima Online, but I can still really enjoy the PvP SWTOR has to offer.

And while this map is similar to Alderaan, you'll find that the strats people use are different, plus there is no "wow we lost unless we 3cap" threshold that you'll meet in this map. Capturing 2 points and holding can enable a great comback. Honestly, I like both the maps, but I have to admit I probably like this one more.

Folks on these boards don't really understand this concept. Everything released since WoW will be and feel the same to them.

Good for pokket, isn't opinion great, others like UO and not SWTOR combat, good for them. Sme folks on these boards don't understand the concepts of opinions.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771

Originally posted by RefMinor

Originally posted by StoneRoses

Good for pokket, isn't opinion great, others like UO and not SWTOR combat, good for them. Sme folks on these boards don't understand the concepts of opinions.

And you forget the biggest one Commen Sense!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • HamboneqtHamboneqt Member Posts: 3

[mod edit]

• nonthalnonthal Member UncommonPosts: 57

Good info, looking forward to trying it out!

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Originally posted by JeroKane

Ehh what??  Vanilla WoW (pre-TBC) had great world PVP!

I have played for 2 and half years on an european RP-PVP server. We had awesome guilds on both Aliance and Horde (even running my own guild).

We organised large world RP and PVP events pretty much every week and it was a total blast!

WoW really had great world PVP (Cross Roads, Tarren Mill, raiding Stormwind and Undercity with over 200 people...epic times!! )

Then came the Cross realm battlegrounds,  the crap with Arena's and Arena Tournaments.... then everything went to hell and world PVP just died off, as no one really cared anymore.

Even the battleground Alterac Valley was a blast back in the beginning, as we were able to make full premades on both sides, with intense PVP Alterac Valley matches that lasted over 7-8 hours!

But that too went to hell, the moment Blizzard introduced cross-realm BG's and everything just turned into (AFK) honor farming!

But seriously.... WoW was really great fun the first two years up til the first expac (TBC)! which people refer to as Vanilla WoW.

Tarren Mill vs. Southshore was basically like Ilum.  Ranged would own any melee that was dumb enough to run in.

The original Alterac Valley was awesome on my server and I missed it once everyone started farming WSG and AB for honor.  People only care about the rewards and not the battles themselves though.

• hokuto78hokuto78 Member UncommonPosts: 9

Please stop talking about this horrible game.  Thank you!