Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom please for the love of god redo your character animations

ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Every thing about the game looks amazing but the character animations are horribly dated and needs to be adressed soon!

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
Waiting on: TESO
Next Flop: Planetside 2
Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Comments

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Its funcom, character animations should be the least of your worries.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Originally posted by toddze

rofl i agree

• GeeTeeEffOhGeeTeeEffOh Member Posts: 731

Originally posted by toddze

QFT

• LhelLhel Member Posts: 9

Animations are pretty basic, I don't quite see the need for extremely extravagant animations. There are just so many ways to shot an assault rifle or shotgun for one example...

If the gameplay is smooth and responsive the three-point spin with tripple backwards summersault between changing magazines or polishing your might hammer can wait.

• EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Every thing about the game looks amazing but the character animations are horribly dated and needs to be adressed soon!

yes :(

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

• mudd4evermudd4ever Member Posts: 158

Gotta /agree with the OP on this one.  That strafing animation, for example, makes me want to gouge my eyes out.  =q.q=

pie.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

God I want to like the game so much because it offers me something that has been sorely lacking in this genre but after watching that 35 min GDC video, theres just no way I could play a game with 1999 character animations.  I mean it looks so bad its not even close to being fluid, in fact its stonelike.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

I second that. We should make a topic on the official forums.

Really, animations are almost terrible.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Completely agree with this. The animations are horrid! The horrible animations are especially mindboggling when the animations in AoC were actually pretty good and this game uses the same engine and possibly the same models.

• BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

Animations are a big deal. You carry the memory of really good game animations a long time. Rift spell casters I think look great. A game I just unsubbed had an animation that looked like a character slipped on a bar of soap and fell on her ass.

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

I'm sure they'll fix it as soon as they fix leveling in AOC after Tortage.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Are you refering to the lack of voice-overs, if so, it's not something they are going to do. If it refers to content, there is so much content in AoC now that you will probably have to choose which zone to level up in...

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by Blackbrrd

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Are you refering to the lack of voice-overs, if so, it's not something they are going to do. If it refers to content, there is so much content in AoC now that you will probably have to choose which zone to level up in...

But players who only played the first year after release would not know that.  You see..  that is the thing with kids these days... they expect silly things like a game to be playable at launch... not to have to pay a subscription for a year to get content that most games have at launch.   Yes, it was wonderful in AOC that your 3rd of 4th character could quest and level to endgame.. but your 1st and 2nd had to grind mobs for 10 levels from 35-45.. which is not acceptable in today´s market.

My guess is that Funcom will soon make an announcement that they have already ´completed´ a huge graphic overhaul that will completey revolutionize the gaming industry.. it will be available at launch, but will not be ready in time for anyone to see it in beta.

.adslot-overlay {position: absolute; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.65); border: 2px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.65); color: white !important; margin: 0; 2147483647; text-decoration: none; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: left;}.adslot-overlay-iframed {top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; bottom: 0;}.slotname {position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertical-align: middle; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden;}.slotname span {text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-transform: capitalize;}.revenue {position: absolute; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 11px; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertial-align: middle; text-align: left; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); font-weight: bold; text-overflow: ellipsis; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap;}.revenue .name {color: #ccc;}.revenue .horizontal .metric {display: inline-block; padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .horizontal .name {padding-right: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .metric {display: block; line-height: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .name, .revenue .vertical .value {display: block;}.revenue .square .metric, .revenue .button .metric {display: table-row;}.revenue .square .metric {line-height: 1.5em;}.revenue .square .name, .revenue .square .value, .revenue .button .value {display: table-cell;}.revenue .square .name {padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .button .name {display: block; margin-right: 0.5em; width: 1em; overflow: hidden; text-overflow: clip;}.revenue .button .name:first-letter {margin-right: 1.5em;}a.adslot-overlay:hover {border: 2px solid rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover {cursor: not-allowed; border: 2px solid rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}

.adslot-overlay {position: absolute; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.65); border: 2px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.65); color: white !important; margin: 0; 2147483647; text-decoration: none; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: left;}.adslot-overlay-iframed {top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; bottom: 0;}.slotname {position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertical-align: middle; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden;}.slotname span {text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-transform: capitalize;}.revenue {position: absolute; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 11px; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertial-align: middle; text-align: left; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); font-weight: bold; text-overflow: ellipsis; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap;}.revenue .name {color: #ccc;}.revenue .horizontal .metric {display: inline-block; padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .horizontal .name {padding-right: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .metric {display: block; line-height: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .name, .revenue .vertical .value {display: block;}.revenue .square .metric, .revenue .button .metric {display: table-row;}.revenue .square .metric {line-height: 1.5em;}.revenue .square .name, .revenue .square .value, .revenue .button .value {display: table-cell;}.revenue .square .name {padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .button .name {display: block; margin-right: 0.5em; width: 1em; overflow: hidden; text-overflow: clip;}.revenue .button .name:first-letter {margin-right: 1.5em;}a.adslot-overlay:hover {border: 2px solid rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover {cursor: not-allowed; border: 2px solid rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by Zylaxx

The game world, setting and concept are interesting, but the animations are terrible and are what is putting me off this game. The casting in particular is terrible!

When casting spells it looks like some sort of retarded clapping or drunken boob grab. It's just embarrassing.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    More arsed about the very lacklustre pvp. The animations will no doubt be fine, they're pretty good in Aoc.