Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArenaNet aren't messing around with NDA breakers

14567810»

Comments

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Originally posted by Skarecrow7

Originally posted by RefMinor

That is not a good thing, shows fear, look at ArcheAge, it has no NDA! users can post videos of their own personal gameplay online, having an NDA shows a lack of confidence in your product.

except for the fact there is no NA version on the game. Once AA has someone working on an english version then I will be impressed if they dont have an nda... whenever that happens.

TERA is in the exact same situation and they don't have an NDA

Good.. that means Tera should be out soon since they have it pretty much set.  You know, people keep complaining about GW2 fanbois, but then every litttle tiny thing gets attacked, and attacked, and bashed, and you almost have to defend, and then it escalates and then every one is in a flame war.  

There is no release date for Guild Wars 2. FACT. 

They are still working on things and THIS week-end is first beta (not including press beta) FACT

Whenever something gets leaked, even if it is just testing beta stage, people start to freak out and flame FACT

if you are worried about there still being an NDA, you can always play tera and not gw2.  I wont going over there and pee in your cheeriros.

• EzekelEzekel Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by Ezekel

Originally posted by RobertDinh

Get traited upon son.

I have no idea what your on about.

I THINK I know what he is trying to say. If I am understanding him, he is trying to say that people with an xp bonus bought from the cash store will level faster. There for they will have more abilities then you and have an advantage. He doesnt understand that some people dont care because they are not going to rush. That then means cash store or not, some people are going to be higher level then folks like me and I have no problem with that.  

tl;dr he is afraid that he wont be first to max level

Competitive PvP sets everyone to max level, with all traits and skills and gear availible on day one.

PvE is non-competitive, unless your trying to server/world first something and frankly who cares?

WvW is not balanced at all, its 3 servers with different people all trying to kill each other. Everyone is auto leveled stat wise to level 80, but people will be of varying degrees of actual level and gear. Its fun and frantic but complaining that people who buy boosts have an advantage is like complaining that another kid brought a better water gun to a free for all, if your worried about that then you have missed the point.

Even then the fact that each side is going to have around 100 people or more on every map means that its likely that a similar number of people who boost will be on each side so its still functionally balanced. Nevermind that your already going to be going up against people with no lives who play 18 hours a day and get max level in the first week.

• RobertDinhRobertDinh Member Posts: 647

Get traited upon son.

I THINK I know what he is trying to say. If I am understanding him, he is trying to say that people with an xp bonus bought from the cash store will level faster. There for they will have more abilities then you and have an advantage. He doesnt understand that some people dont care because they are not going to rush. That then means cash store or not, some people are going to be higher level then folks like me and I have no problem with that.  

Competitive PvP sets everyone to max level, with all traits and skills and gear availible on day one.

PvE is non-competitive, unless your trying to server/world first something and frankly who cares?

WvW is not balanced at all, its 3 servers with different people all trying to kill each other. Everyone is auto leveled stat wise to level 80, but people will be of varying degrees of actual level and gear. Its fun and frantic but complaining that people who buy boosts have an advantage is like complaining that another kid brought a better water gun to a free for all, if your worried about that then you have missed the point.

Even then the fact that each side is going to have around 100 people or more on every map means that its likely that a similar number of people who boost will be on each side so its still functionally balanced. Nevermind that your already going to be going up against people with no lives who play 18 hours a day and get max level in the first week.

Your understanding of competitive pvp is wanting.

Get traited upon son.

Just because you don't care that the game is pay to win, doesn't mean other people shouldn't 

Also your tldr is ridiculous, it is such a petty and limited understanding of people and your read on me is completely inaccurate. 

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

Get traited upon son.

you keep saying everyone is wrong and things that make sense to only you, please explain how xp boost will give others an edge in Competitive PvP  (not the WvWvW pvp).

• StuporityStupority Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by Master10K

"Reminder to all closed beta players:you're under NDA. Don't risk breaking the NDA, you could permanently lose access to all ArenaNet games." - GW2 Tweet

"we will be announcing it with plenty of" - GW2 Tweet

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Get traited upon son.

How is it wanting? It is just as he described it.

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665

Originally posted by fenistil

Originally posted by Distaste

Uh they progress faster, can get stuff faster?  Pay2win  blatantly... i love how the fanbois are trying to downplay it when it is so obviously pay to win. 

Btw the auto leveling is irrelevant when it comes to traits. 

Pay 2 win means you literally have to pay to be able to win. If you don't buy xp/karma boosts are you restricted from leveling or gaining karma? Nope. Are you restricted from getting the same gear? Nope. It offers nothing but the convienance of doing things slightly quicker. I suggest you go play Runes of Magic and then learn what pay 2 win actually is before using the term again. When you literally cannot compete no matter how much time you put in unless you pay, that is pay 2 win.

Difrent definitions of P2W obviously.

For me P2W mean = dollars are able to buy you any sort of advantage over non-paying user. Even if temporary.

NOTE: this does not have to be direct combat advantage , that can be multitude of things.

Remember your post about what is P2W is an opinion same as mine.

Then every MMO ever has been P2W by your definition. Pre-order items? P2W! Early access? P2W!

Authenticator? P2W! I'll explain the last one just so you see how far your logic extends. You see getting hacked ruins your character(Gear sold, money gone, locked out, etc) so those with a less chance of being hacked(authenticators) have an advantage.

I'll be the first one to argue there are opinions about where the actual lines of P2W actually are, but at a small temporary advantage that will be long gone/meaningless after 1 month it isn't even close. Seriously go play/look up some f2p cash shops and you'll see just what p2w means. ROM a non-paying person has absolutely no chance at PvP regardless of his skill because a person who paid has hundreds of more stats than you. A paying player can get good gear in a month or 2 and a non-paying will literally take years. In Allods they had this death debuff that reduced your stats by 25%, lasted 40-50 minutes, and stacked; the only way to remove it was a cash shop item.

Seriously, there are games out there where you literally are forced to pay or you cannot compete and people around here are calling an XP potion pay 2 win? You can see why I find this hilarious. I guess I was p2w in WAR and AION since they had xp potions as well...who knew!

If ArenaNet wants to sell XP/Karma boosts to players that want to buy them and it keeps the game running, that's just fine. I'm not going to worry myself over someone getting to 80 first because I'll be there shortly behind them. As long as they don't have an unobtainable advantage(levels, gear, gold, karma, are easily obtainable) from paying, I'm just fine with whatever they want to sell in the cash shop.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Alders

That is not a good thing, shows fear, look at ArcheAge, it has no NDA! users can post videos of their own personal gameplay online, having an NDA shows a lack of confidence in your product.

except for the fact there is no NA version on the game. Once AA has someone working on an english version then I will be impressed if they dont have an nda... whenever that happens.

TERA is in the exact same situation and they don't have an NDA

TERA has been out for a year.

He said, "Once AA has someone working on an english version then I will be impressed if they dont have an nda"

TERA (Korean version) never had a NDA during their beta testing, thus all those videos on youtube for KCBT.

Now someone is working on an english version and it is currently in Closed Beta Test, no NDA as well.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

He said, "Once AA has someone working on an english version then I will be impressed if they dont have an nda"

TERA (Korean version) never had a NDA during their beta testing, thus all those videos on youtube for KCBT.

Now someone is working on an english version and it is currently in Closed Beta Test, no NDA as well.

Still, the English version is not that different so a nda would make very little sense.

Not that I think anet really needs the NDA now anyways, the NDA is really only needed for the games that have a really long beta where they patch in loads of stuff and the initial performance suck. Some MMOs have had betas far longer than a year and in those cases they need a nda.

GW2s engine have been more or less done for 3 years now so the beta is mostly about balancing and trying out the server software, and take out the remaining bugs (particularly in the DEs) so i really don't see the need.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

One reason for an NDA is to prevent overexposure. I rarely watch vids, sure I watch some, but I like to see the world with my own eyes for the first time while playing. Just think how many vids will pop up after the first weekend event that all prepurchesers will have access to.  Sure NDA's can hide all the bad things that are in the game, but it also preserves some of the mystic the world has to offer when you enter for the first time.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Loke666

Still, the English version is not that different so a nda would make very little sense.

Not that I think anet really needs the NDA now anyways, the NDA is really only needed for the games that have a really long beta where they patch in loads of stuff and the initial performance suck. Some MMOs have had betas far longer than a year and in those cases they need a nda.

GW2s engine have been more or less done for 3 years now so the beta is mostly about balancing and trying out the server software, and take out the remaining bugs (particularly in the DEs) so i really don't see the need.

I'm saying the guy will be impressed because more likely that English version of ArcheAge won't have an NDA.

I think GW2 is introducing the cash shop mechanics in this beta? The CS has been controversial lately so I think it's a good idea to pur an NDA up for that. I don't think the one in April will have one tho.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

I agree,even wow did not have an nda.

I dont agree with the lack of confidence though.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Or....it shows they have inovation they dont want stolen...

Or....it shows they have respect for all the foolishness that happens with the hype, IE: SWToR

Or...who cares? It is their intelectual property, they are letting testers play for free, it they don't want leaks, it is ANets business.

Or...almost forgot the big one: GW2 is not done and they don't want inacurate information posted (I think this catagory is where the cash shop sits )

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by Loke666

Eh, I think they still do. Frankly, I think the only reason it is still around is bceause of the cash shop. Right now I think they're still really up in the air about what they're going to seriously implement in the shop so I would imagine the NDA is mainly there to stop people from overreacting or assuming everything in the shop right now is exactly how it will be when the game goes live.

Seems needed to me because I get the sense that their shop needs some tweaking, revamping, etc.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Originally posted by expresso

Why is there an NDA?  I dont get it? Theres no NDA for Mists of Pandaria, I am looking forward to GW2 but what could they be hiding?

People linking information on thing they dont consider completed atm can do harm to the game, its been done in the past somthing linked on somthing unfinished and everyone else thought it was done so they didnt get the game. Alot of games in closed beta have an NDA even WoW i beleive had one for the original. As for the mis tof pandaria if something crap in an expansion people often over look it at the start till they fix it because its and expansion however some people arnt as leaniate to a game when something isnt done right at the start.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Originally posted by NBlitz

A lot of the content is not finished? Oh.

Do some of you have insider knowledge?

There a couple thing not finished, anyone that looked at press video will know that off, besicaly the thing the press cant touch on arnt complete just yet one being cash shop and two being the market place (aka the auction house i beleive) i think there was a couple more as well but cant remember them as of right now. Areana net is doing thing right there not lifting the NDA until they feel confortable with every part of the game from what ive seen in the past some unfinished features when it goes into close/open beta with no NDA can cause alot of dmg in the long term and of course no one wants that.