Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Great to finally hear some news, even though it's probably going to be the only news for a while. So 13 original clans are in and that's awesome, although I am somewhat wary about Blood Hunts ending up in permanent death, if I understood the presenter correctly from all the awesomeness he exuded. Don't f*ck up WoD, they said.

Also, did anyone else get a faint Santa Monica feel from that brief gameplay footage at the end? Bloodlines nostalgia, man.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • jonezi92jonezi92 Member Posts: 224

Looking good, thanks for the updates

• EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

Thanks for the links. I had not given this game a whole lot of thought to be honest. I have horrible memories of some vampire movies as a kid. image BUT sandbox elements? Hey now, I can handle that AND fashion. They said they are trying to apeal to women too, well you got my attention.  Maybe I can learn to be a vampire, I'll have to think on that. As long as i don't have to be an FPS vampire or something crazy. image

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Thanks for sharing! Been waiting for this for so long :) still a while to go... but at least it's looking pretty amazing.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

A bit underwhelming but at least it's good to know they are still very much in-production.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Originally posted by Methos12

Great to finally hear some news, even though it's probably going to be the only news for a while. So 13 original clans are in and that's awesome, although I am somewhat wary about Blood Hunts ending up in permanent death, if I understood the presenter correctly from all the awesomeness he exuded. Don't f*ck up WoD, they said.

Also, did anyone else get a faint Santa Monica feel from that brief gameplay footage at the end? Bloodlines nostalgia, man.

Pretty certain he said "Don't fuck up EVE!" meaning that is their cash-cow & they cannot let it slip to focus on other things, which they did for a time & got their knuckles rapped for it.

Definitely interested in WoD & while it's going back undercover I am looking forward to when they release more news.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

Here is the HD version of the complete WoD presentation @EvE Fanfest from April 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch2vB1ZatPI

• ashleymorrowashleymorrow Member Posts: 176
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

Here is the HD version of the complete WoD presentation @EvE Fanfest from April 2012

Thank you so much for sharing that! Super excited about this game.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by ashleymorrow
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

Thank you so much for sharing that! Super excited about this game.

You´re welcome! And I´m super excited too about WoD!

The video is really a must watch because I think it contains all the info which is confirmed at the moment and it´s still kinda "up to date".

I so love how they explain the sandbox / thempark / social module system. Sounds like a dream come true, basically what I´ve been suggesting for a MMO for years :D

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

Even if this was like a more open world TSW, that'd be pretty good... because I do like TSW. :)

Nevertheless, I expect much more. Most importantly, I expect quite some non-combat activity.

My main concern is how they seem to have a hard time with performance in the weeny "walking in stations" feature in EVE. IIRC, they're using the Incarna engine for this game, no? I hope they get it sorted out.