Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

League of Legends: RTSGuru.com | Why You Don't Ban Kassadin

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Somewhere out there in the League of Legends universe, at this very instant, somebody just banned Kassadin. Unfortunately for them they just wasted one of their bans. If you don't understand why feel free to watch the RTSGuru.com video about why Kassadin should never, ever be banned!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Probably one of the worst LoL articles out there... The video is a 1v1 environment explaining why Kassadin shouldn't be banned in 5v5. No.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Kassadin is banned for a reason.

Take a scale and balance some nice champions on one end, rumble, janna, ryse then stick Kassadin on the other side, the scale just hits the ground on kassadins side, to many people have mastered Kassadin and learned his ability to unbalanace a 5v5.

• soulwyndsoulwynd Member UncommonPosts: 47

The people at RTS guru only say shit. They're trying to get more hits.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    This article is so dumb. The writers at rts guru are perma bads. His AOE damage in team fights and ability to get away from ganks during mid game is why he is banned.
  • impacted1impacted1 Member Posts: 14

Bad article.

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280

Do it better lifless trolls. All you do is moaning and boasting instead  of giving any real constructive advice. He said some vaild points. 

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    @makii we did...
  • GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198

point is: kassadin is still being banned in high lvl games, as well as in tournaments by PRO GAMERS, who spent most of their time playing lol. Thats why I think that, those pro gamers will have a lot more experience and clues than rts guru writers.

• sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389

have you even watched any tournaments? seriously go see some statistics from lets say IEM world championship. kassadin is never banned.

there are many counters to him and many more versatile champions out there.

the reason why people rage is that they arent even playing ranked in the first place = blind pick. even if they are playing ranked, they are clueless about such thing as counterpicking and why banning exists in the first place.

the only reason to ban kassadin or any other pub stompy champ like lets say tryndamere is to calm your team down.

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305

Do you even know why Kass is banned?  

After being level 6 with just 2x dorans rings Sorc Boots and the proper runes allows you to gank at tower just about any champion that is in lane at half life at level 6.   There is litterally no escape even from flash/heal if the gank it is set up right.

It can be worse than a Lee Sin Gank.

This is a game that I had as Kass.  I went 0/4 was doing terrible.  Admited to doing terrible.  Said sorry to my team for being a baddy.  I proceded to be zoned out like a boss, was under leveled by 2 levels against a Gragas mid.  Losing my lane like a boss.  

But it was because the Jungler camped my lane like a boss.  This is good, the jungler has let top and bottom do their thing.  

I farmed empty lanes and under tower till I got a Dorans ring and Sorc boots and half way to a RoA.  I then proceded to help bottom with a gank. Guess what happens after that?  I get a kill and this one kill starts the terrible snowball that is Kass. Gragas that destroyed me in lane 3/0/1 against me and higher CS is now going from 100% to 10% in one RQE with out being able to fight back due to being silenced.  I could jump into a fight that the team commited to and procede to kill their AP/AD w/out them being able to respond. His burst is on the level of Leblanc, and his silence completely shuts down APs, and his Slow allows for anti-carries to stick on the carry.

He is not broken in the sense that he can't be countered its that he snowballs stupidly hard and causes a game to be completely unfun for everyone but the Kass player.  

Kass is a 100% ban for anyone under 1600 ELO, teams are not cordinated enough to deal with the Kass Snowball.

Sorry for bad spelling.

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280

remember the time where kassadin got attack speed bonus and hitted the 2.5 attack speed mark? Matches ended with 43:2 .

• OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103

What a stupid idea. Why not ban Tryndamere then?

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Kassadin is ridiculous if you have a jungler who can give him level 1 blue. His worst phase is his laning phase from 1-6. If he can cruise through that then he'll be pretty much unstoppable for the rest of the game!

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

RTSGuru.com | Why You Don't Have Traffic

I understood the catchy titles earlier on, but now it's just plain bad advice.

You may turn up a few more people with the controversy, but you won't keep any if your advice is regarded as a joke by everyone with over 700 elo.

• ChramChram Member Posts: 91

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AteGbDC8o77WdGN1SUp6ajUyRGo5YlplMFlBVmtJcmc&gid=13

At IEM Hanover, Kassadin was banned a grand total of one time and was not picked once. Truly op. Obviously the pros are missing something that most of the people crying here get. 

I think its the same as tryndamere/akali, it could be a great pick, but it is very, very situational. Lower skilled people just have trouble dealing with these champions, because they snowball so hard if you let them. Notice that the average number of deaths in a pro game is much lower than in your average normal and even soloq game, eg. people don't make too many stupid mistakes that let these champions always get some kills/farm.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by Chram

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AteGbDC8o77WdGN1SUp6ajUyRGo5YlplMFlBVmtJcmc&gid=13

At IEM Hanover, Kassadin was banned a grand total of one time and was not picked once. Truly op. Obviously the pros are missing something that most of the people crying here get. 

I think its the same as tryndamere/akali, it could be a great pick, but it is very, very situational. Lower skilled people just have trouble dealing with these champions, because they snowball so hard if you let them. Notice that the average number of deaths in a pro game is much lower than in your average normal and even soloq game, eg. people don't make too many stupid mistakes that let these champions always get some kills/farm.

So let's write articles that pertain only to championship games and use 1v1 matches and video footage of someone we don't know playing to uphold this conclusion. 

Sounds a bit silly, no?

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• ChramChram Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by Benthon

Originally posted by Chram

So let's write articles that pertain only to championship games and use 1v1 matches and video footage of someone we don't know playing to uphold this conclusion. 

Sounds a bit silly, no?

Well, this is a fair point. I'm just saying it's not that the author is dumb like people are shouting here, it's more like the perspective on different skill levels is also different, so there could be no universal truth applicable to all elo ranges. I play junglers, elo 1400 - 1500 (I'm bad), and I ban him most of the time, because the mid players there have usually hard time dealing with him and if he snowballs there is little you can do. At least, at this range, people can handle tryndamere..