Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2,000,000,000 ISK Goonswarm Federation scam – a call to war

Comments

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

Originally posted by RefMinor

ROFL, I knew after doing the basic research BEFORE I started playing EvE that the Goons had a large number of recruitment scams, you must be one gullible hick.

For your interest, when Goonswarm were at war with BoB, Goonswarm went to tremendous lengths to make BoB look as dishonest as possible. For example, the T20 scandal, when it was revealed that a CCP dev was on the side of BoB.

My guess is that Goonswarm have been trying to look as honest as they possibly can. 

The good old day's of BoB Vs. the EvE Universe....... Was good times(I was on the side of BoB)

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

• SlaverHoundSlaverHound Member Posts: 109

ROFL, I knew after doing the basic research BEFORE I started playing EvE that the Goons had a large number of recruitment scams, you must be one gullible hick.

For your interest, when Goonswarm were at war with BoB, Goonswarm went to tremendous lengths to make BoB look as dishonest as possible. For example, the T20 scandal, when it was revealed that a CCP dev was on the side of BoB.

My guess is that Goonswarm have been trying to look as honest as they possibly can. 

I really don't think you're opinion is trustworthy when it comes to discussing anything related to your knowledge about goon at this point.  Also, eveyone was frothing at all parties involved in that scandal so don't try to spin it into something it's not.

The time to do a call to war was during the ice interdiction when they were truely behaving like sinister villians - where were you when that was happening?  It probably didn't interfere with your operations so you didn't care and guess what?  You being scammed doesn't interupt my operations so the question I have to ask is - what's in it for me to answer your call to war?

"Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named "John"?

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

The Mittani sends his regards.

• ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231

hmmm well to get Gooonies you will have to get past Total Acension, Atlas, and Bdeal..... we like our goon friends. :)

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

Originally posted by Zecktorin

hmmm well to get Gooonies you will have to get past Total Acension, Atlas, and Bdeal..... we like our goon friends. :)

Atlas? Don't make me laugh! wooooow

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

With the reputation Goons have for scamming it always amazes me there's never a short supply of people who give them ISK to join.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

You claim to have played since 2003 yet you fell for the Goonswarm recruitment scam? I bet you only noticed the game had spaceships and stargates last week.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Its all an elaborate troll, see The Mittani. Search EvE forums.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by Calfis

The Mittani is the CEO of Goonswarm. If you read Goonswarm's Wikipedia, which is written by Mittani et al, you will find that every page has the same conclusion: Goonswarm are the glorious heros, and everyone else are a bunch of losers. It's a good example of biased writing. Your suggestion is similar to asking Lenin to give an accurate account of the Cold War.

The Mittani is the CEO of Goonswarm. If you read Goonswarm's Wikipedia, which is written by Mittani et al, you will find that every page has the same conclusion: Goonswarm are the glorious heros, and everyone else are a bunch of losers. It's a good example of biased writing. Your suggestion is similar to asking Lenin to give an accurate account of the Cold War.

You just made my point while failing to see it.

I don't quite understand what point you're trying to make - if you could re-phrase it, I would be grateful. However, I suspect you might be a Goon who's trying to be subtle or clever in some way.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Lenin died in 1924, the cold war didn't start until 1945. Terrible analogy.
  • JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

I know someone who wasn't a goon and had been in the game for a week and was taking up the 'recruitment fees' for joining the Goons. These are the same people that give money to Nigerian princes.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

Originally posted by Joliust

I know someone who wasn't a goon and had been in the game for a week and was taking up the 'recruitment fees' for joining the Goons. These are the same people that give money to Nigerian princes.

The difference between Goonswarm and Nigerian scammers is that you approach Goonswarm (and then they chat with you for a while in a friendly way). With Nigerian scammers, you get spam mail from someone you've never met about a topic that's totally new to you.

Apart from that though, it does feel tempting to compare Goonswarm to Nigerian scammers.

• ChilliesauceChilliesauce Member Posts: 559

Wait a minute..there are good guys in Eve Online? ;o where?

Lenin died in 1924, the cold war didn't start until 1945. Terrible analogy.

Ok, how about Joseph Goebbels spreading propaganda about World War II?

Originally posted by Chilliesauce

Wait a minute..there are good guys in Eve Online? ;o where?

A great number of corps have a no pirating, no scamming, no thieving, and no history with the Goons policy.

• n00n3rn00n3r Member Posts: 45

There are a few like that.   Most of the people in EVE refer to them as victims.

Originally posted by n00n3r

There are a few like that.   Most of the people in EVE refer to them as victims.

Because you are annonymous, we don't really know what label suits you best. However, you could be a Goon and therefore deserving of all the bad labels that go with that.

• notmexnotmex Member Posts: 43

The fact that you were even looking to join up with them says it all. You deserve to get scammed.

I don't quite understand what point you're trying to make - if you could re-phrase it, I would be grateful. However, I suspect you might be a Goon who's trying to be subtle or clever in some way.

You don't have to be a goon to be clever or subtle, also look me up on www.evewho.com I am in fact not a goon, and goons would actually shoot at me.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

2 billion?  That's a pretty weak haul. 

You got scammed, you aren't the first, you didn't get hit the hardest(not even close) and you certainly won't be the last.

Threads like these are truely what fuel GoonSwam's members - not the scam itself.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234

Dear fellow pilots

Have you ever wanted to go to war with a powerful alliance that is evil and has no integrity?

Well, it’s your lucky day.

Goonswarm Federation have a well organised scam that involves a website setup for the purpose of scamming.

If your alliance is in a coalition with Goonswarm Federation, you have to ask yourself, “Can I really trust them?”. The answer is “No”, and here is the evidence.

Just when you’re on the brink of being accepted into Goonswarm, they ask for a 2,000,000,000 ISK deposit. (The recruitment officer, Sordeo Regius, says it’s refundable in a month unless you are involved with spying activity.)

Here is a screenshot of the Goonswarm website arranging the scam:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mors_magne/6899525491/

Out of interest, here is a screenshot of the scammer – once he has scammed you, you are blocked from contacting him:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mors_magne/6899525643/

Personally, I am not annoyed by Goonswarm. Until now, Eve was getting rather boring – it felt as if every alliance was the same.

Every alliance seemed equally good and evil.

However, Goonswarm Federation are making a point of being the ‘bad guys’ of Eve.

Surely, every pod pilot who has a moral conscience, and has always wanted to fight the good fight against evil should rally against Goonswarm.

It is time to pod Goonswarm 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

This post is a copy of an original post found here. It has been reproduced on this forum to inform and warn as many Eve pilots as possible  https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=71629&find=unread 

only way for you to get invited into goonswarm is, only if you know them in real life, or 2 you know someone in the actual corp for a while. although i hate to say it, that is how eve universe is. so you just have to be alot smarter next time. i personally love the mechanics of eve, because they don't limit you to anything. you rely on your self for survivability in eve. that is why not many people can get into the game, simply because its far to complex for other peoples mind out their. i wish they worked more on pve content of eve though, it would be so awsome if they did. i think it would bring in alot more people into the game. anyways sorry for your loss. it happends to all of us, not scamming maybe, but hauling shit and then getting jumped etc... oh and i would def love to see a corp get together to take down goons, a buncha goodies vrs evil. i would def sign up for it :) 

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

Lol, anyone with a brain who's been playing Eve for at least a month knows that Goonswarm's entire personal mandate is to f*ck over as many players as they possibly can in every way imaginable, and when you see a note saying "Pay us 2 billion to join us"...you fall for it? And you've been playing since 2003?

Wow.

I guess the "with a brain" part of that last statement doesn't apply to you? Seriously. Don't be stupid. There was nothing that forced you to send that money, you chose to send it of your own free will, so it's your own damn fault for falling for it.

As for the "call to war", go away. Eve openly allows players to do what Goonswarm does, and does not hide that fact. It's a videogame. If some people get enjoyment out of being an ass in a videogame, as long as there are adequate protection measures in the videogame to prevent those players from running roughshod over everyone else (which there are, with Concord's involvement in Hisec and the fact that you have to directly click on a button before you send anyone anything and therefore you can stop yourself at any time), they are free to do it. Stuff like what Goonswarm does, and learning to avoid those scams, makes you smarter. I say let Goonswarm do what they do; it weeds out the whiny idiots that do nothing but contaminate the Eve universe with their carebear-tear strewn blather.

Where's the any key?

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Goons didn't have to make BoB look bad because BoB was run by a megalomaniac with sycophant underlings for alliance officer all of whom were complete self-absorbed d-bags.

While Goon's are hardly angels (aka good guys) that doesn't mean other major alliances were saints either. In fact in EVE there are no "Good Guys" period because everyone is busy trying to screw everyone else and be on the cutting edge of internet spaceship "cool".

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)