Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW:Mists new tauren model

expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

.. only joking but it does beg the question why are blizzard taking so long with new player models, they have confirmed they are working on them and dwarf models might make it for MOP release.  But this MOP NPC vs the 7 year old tauren model makes me sad.

One thing some of you might notice is the belt on the NPC, yup blizzard have finanly added a model affix for belts, previously it was a texture painted on the top of the leggings model texture.  Panda's have a sweet belt with ragdoll physics on the tasels... it's those little touches.

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Graphically it looks better but I don't think I like the design...the cow looks...odd.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

Oh god, he looks horrifying.

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455

Originally posted by Loser60

Oh god, he looks horrifying.

I think that's the idea :)

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• The_emberThe_ember Member UncommonPosts: 56
    That's not the new tauren model, its one of the new MOP races, it's on MMO-champ at the moment as I'm sure the OP meant, before anyone gets worked up.
  • quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234

to be fair every single wow charactor model looks like crap  this dont look any worse

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

This game needs new character models. BADLY. But it's yet another thing Blizzard is dragging their feet on in regards to this game. Maybe because they can't charge for it...

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by The_ember

That's not the new tauren model, its one of the new MOP races, it's on MMO-champ at the moment as I'm sure the OP meant, before anyone gets worked up.

But....looking at it closely.....thats a Tauren.  Hooves, hands, nose.....thats a Tauren. 

If its not, then what race is it exactly?  Because it sure looks Tauren to me. 

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211

That might be the BEARMANPIG!!!!!

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

That looks awful !!!

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

That looks pretty cool, lots of small changes in this epansion that all add up :)

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

What a goofy looking face.  That's embarrasing.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Originally posted by The_ember

When he said at the start of the post: ".. only joking but it does beg the question why are blizzard taking so long with new player models, they have confirmed they are working on them and dwarf models might make it for MOP release.  But this MOP NPC vs the 7 year old tauren model makes me sad." That pretty much explained that it was obviously not the new player Tauren model. Gotta read the posts, not just reply, bud.

On topic: I actualy wish Tauren looked like the new MoP npc model on the left. Would be pretty sweet.

I've honestly thought WoW needed new models since the game launched. ESPECIALLY Dwarves. Dwarves are horrid little bastards at the moment, and I would love to play one if they didn't look so bad. I've also complained about the clipping issues with dwarves and gnomes when it comes to their backs clipping through their cloaks as they run since I tried out Alliance a few months after launch. It's seriously time for a change.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

impossible.

Blizz has never ever recycled anything in any of their expansions....:D