Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow....I had no idea that this game was still running...

XcomVicXcomVic Member Posts: 50

I had played for months when it released...I still have FRAP pics of those days...

Those that have been playing since release, what do you think about it now?

Have the graphics been updated? 

Comments

• XcomVicXcomVic Member Posts: 50

I remember winning an Nvidia BFG 250 for a contest they held in game...it was a simple answer the question thing too...I might still have the thing in a box somewhere too.

• max9183max9183 Member Posts: 8

yah says my account is the two week trial period from may 4 - may 17th 2009 haha

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

Honestly, if they started a new server or did a wipe- I would be there.

The Political intrigue and Guild Wars (which really mean something in this game) are stagnant and the economy far too top heavy.

Great game. Needs a way to revive what makes it special and the only way that can happen is a fresh server (which will never happen) or a wip (which will never happen)

• EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

Originally posted by SaintPhilip

The Political intrigue and Guild Wars (which really mean something in this game) are stagnant and the economy far too top heavy.

Great game. Needs a way to revive what makes it special and the only way that can happen is a fresh server (which will never happen) or a wip (which will never happen)

ME TOO! I played this probably 5 or 6 years ago with my son. It wasn't new then and there wasn't really anyone else in the areas we were in but it was an amazing world all the same. Love sandbox games and I hope someday someone comes out with a really good one that I can be apart of from the start.

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Seriously..whats up with all this "lets wipe everyone else so i can join" generation of players lately ?   MMORPG's are designed to save your progress to leave for a time if you like and then come back to it and work on it again.

Was absent for 3 years and came back myself, so should i demand everyone else to get wiped who played and made progress during my absence ? it is absurd to demand somethingt like that in a MMORPG.

Its not a flat world, neither out in RL nor in a good MMORPG  ;)

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by SaintPhilip

I disagree wtih the fresh server.

I've seen this argument before but it's a bit unrealistic. How often do they need to do a fresh server? And doesn't that dilute the playerbase?

I would agree that they need to do something to revitalize interest, keep the game in people's minds, but making a fresh server every few years isn't it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

We could all join at once and become a self sustaining community to level with

I recently discovered Ryzom, I just wish it had more people

• CallidorCallidor Member Posts: 371

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Seriously..whats up with all this "lets wipe everyone else so i can join" generation of players lately ?   MMORPG's are designed to save your progress to leave for a time if you like and then come back to it and work on it again.

Was absent for 3 years and came back myself, so should i demand everyone else to get wiped who played and made progress during my absence ? it is absurd to demand somethingt like that in a MMORPG.

Its not a flat world, neither out in RL nor in a good MMORPG  ;)

What? No more Darkfall?

• DainanDainan Member Posts: 7

Not only is it still running, it's probably the Ubuntu gamer's best native game choice. For the gamer that wants a mature and friendly playerbase, it is, in my opinion, the ONLY choice.