It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I'm sorry, but, I have to believe that a good portion of the complainers here are trolling. Regardless, here are the reasons I'm not going to defend Anet on this board any longer.
1. You just can't please everyone. I'm sure Anet is doing everything THEY think is right, both for them, and for the community. Let's say they drop the cash shop and charge a sub. Sure, they will gain some that wouldn't otherwise buy/play, but imho, they'd lose more.
2. Let's face it, many a wow fanboy or game du jour fanboy is here to stir up the pot, based on whatever perceived flaw they think has been announced most recently.
3. No matter how much anecdotal evidence you provide, quotes from developers, or any other kind of evidence, many people here just want to see the glass not just half empty, but empty. (see reason 2)
4. "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn". I mean really, I know this game is going to be good. I know it will be successful. Furthermore, it's Anet's job to market/sell, not mine, so, let them deal with it.
5. When I think about it, I like the GW fanbase just fine, thank you very much. Do I really want a bunch of griefer/kill stealer types, invading Tyria, like a hoard of flaming termites to my escape ship? Not really.
I'm not including everyone who has a concern, or problem, that's to be expected. As far as I'm concerned though, Anet has a pretty good track record, and I'm happy to wait and see what it is actually like, BEFORE I pass judgment. And for all those who are about to make a snide remark, "Ow, that hurt"...........feel better?