Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Line of Defense: FPSGuru.com | GDC 2012 Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Michael Bitton got a chance to check out Line of Defense at GDC this year on behalf of FPSGuru.com. Find out what he thinks of Derek Smart's latest venture.

Line of Defense, the latest game from the infamous Derek Smart and 3000AD, is an MMOFPS based in part on Smart’s previous shooter, All Aspect Warfare. However, unlike most of Derek Smart’s games, Line of Defense is intended to be a bit more accessible.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• huntardhuntard Member Posts: 133

Oh geez, here we go again. I sure hope this game doesnt end up like Alganon, last time i checked their website hasnt been updated in almost a year!

Its almost as if Derek's trend is to make a game then move on to the next new shinny?

eitherway, good luck!, but ill personally pass

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

I wouldn't touch a game developed by 3000AD with a ten foot pole.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

When "Dont Finish" Derek gives me my money back for the bug ridden pile of steaming stuff that was BC3000, maybe I'll actually look at another of his games, but I doubt it.  This guy has ADHD or something, he starts one game, gets bored and releases it in a buggy mess and then starts work on a different version of the game only to do the whole thing again.  No thanks. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Radar11xRadar11x Member UncommonPosts: 118

I had Commented that it looked like a copy of Planetside 1 Dsmart wasn't happy about that.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

In fairness Alganon wasn't developed with Derek Smart at the helm to begin with, he got brought in later to attempt cleaning up the mess.

However I have thought all of his other games were terrible.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Hey now, I thought Desktop Commander was one of the best games I've ever played. Truly a testament to Derek's incredible programming & design skills. In fact, I'm playing it even as I'm typing this message! I love it THAT MUCH!!

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

After all these years, I'm absolutely baffled as to why people still buy his games. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against him, I'm sure that he's a pretty decent guy once you get to know him but his games are absolutely atrocious.

• WarleyWarley Member UncommonPosts: 508

Alganon was a mess, but Derek Smart had nothing to do with the 'core development' and 'release' of that game; David Allen did.  Now, from the perspective charging - instead of going free to play - Alganon was a complete flop.  However, not many people have the skills to manage a game from scratch to release, like David Allen did.  IMHO, Derek Smart couldn't accomplish 25% of what Alganon was at release.

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

stop making artilces for this pompus A-hole

It..Burns..