Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArenaNet aren't messing around with NDA breakers

Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

"Reminder to all closed beta players:you're under NDA. Don't risk breaking the NDA, you could permanently lose access to all ArenaNet games." - GW2 Tweet

Ban Hammer

Comments

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394

Better be careful NDA breakers, he's got the banhammer!

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

Be careful, he might smash you to bukkits!

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    That is not a good thing, shows fear, look at ArcheAge, it has no NDA! users can post videos of their own personal gameplay online, having an NDA shows a lack of confidence in your product.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Why is there an NDA?  I dont get it? Theres no NDA for Mists of Pandaria, I am looking forward to GW2 but what could they be hiding?

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

it's too bad they aren't like bliz and just drop the NDA way early.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Well that tells me not everything is working in the game or actually in the game that has been promised. Not surpising either I see it launching different than what everyone thinks it will be. That is the standard today for MMOs.

Originally posted by expresso

Why is there an NDA?  I dont get it?

Because a lot of the content is not finished yet and showing stuff that is actually not might damage the product and/or ip. They have all the rights to protect their product and ip.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by RefMinor

That is not a good thing, shows fear, look at ArcheAge, it has no NDA! users can post videos of their own personal gameplay online, having an NDA shows a lack of confidence in your product.

Reason = Item shop

They will be experimenting with it in this beta and some leaks allready caused lot of backclash.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by IPolygon

Because a lot of the content is not finished yet and showing stuff that is actually not might damage the product and/or ip. They have all the rights to protect their product and ip.

Not only content things.

There are also technical things such as graphics, performance, etc

Originally posted by fenistil

Originally posted by IPolygon

Not only content things.

There are also technical things such as graphics, performance, etc

Yeah, and animations.

GW2 is far from finished and it shows.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    A lot of the content is not finished? Oh.
    Do some of you have insider knowledge?
  • Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

except for the fact there is no NA version on the game. Once AA has someone working on an english version then I will be impressed if they dont have an nda... whenever that happens.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Why is there an NDA?  I dont get it? Theres no NDA for Mists of Pandaria, I am looking forward to GW2 but what could they be hiding?

They don't seem to be hiding much, as the Press have thoroughly played and released footage of their experience. In the end it doesn't matter because come next month I'll be playing GW2 and I'll get to see if there were indeed things they didn't want me to see, or if they just fixed everything (like the bugged Dungeons). image

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Reason = Item shop

They will be experimenting with it in this beta and some leaks allready caused lot of backclash.

and well deserved. Testing to see if you can get away with unethical behavior = fail IMO

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Obviously since they'll be testing the cash shop, they don't want that stuff to leak.

Clearly they're not too worried about the actual game... they had that big press beta event letting people show off so much of it already.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Originally posted by NBlitz

May I direct you to TB's latest video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IM2rAK0Q-8&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Chances are high there are lot of things not ready yet.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by NBlitz

Everyone is a developer, didn't you know?

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Skarecrow7

except for the fact there is no NA version on the game. Once AA has someone working on an english version then I will be impressed if they dont have an nda... whenever that happens.

The fact you don't speak Korean doesn't change the principle.
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

facepalm. Nda for expansion pack for a 6(?) year old game? My god PEOPLE THINK!!!

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Master10K

"Reminder to all closed beta players:you're under NDA. Don't risk breaking the NDA, you could permanently lose access to all ArenaNet games." - GW2 Tweet

Ban Hammer

Just saw the otice on FB. Can't blame them to step up and enforce the NDA. Too many developers let it breached, and it's there for a reason... Loosing access to ALL ANet games (all 2...) sounds harsh, but I think it's the only way to remind ppl that they did agree with the NDA.

Cool pic BTW ;)

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

GW2 is still in closed beta. The NDA will drop in the open beta weekends starting next month.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Reason = Item shop

Yep, I agree.  I really hope they aren't married to items like [mod edit] being in the CS.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

This is an absolutely ludicrous thing to say.

The game is unfinished.  Unforntunately people will post unfinished things online as if they are game problems and this can cause others to get the wrong idea about the game while they are doing rersearch.

It's ok if games like ArchAge don't mind this.  That is their decision to make.  Hell, they don't even have a Western publisher yet, and if they ever have one it's going to be a niche game anyway.  However, this doesn't mean that all game companies want to risk their game's reputation online while it is in an unfinished state.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222

It shows an understanding of the community. With the jumping to conclusions in both support and against of the cash shop with what little info they have it would be pure chaos if they didnt have an NDA. Even worse then it is now.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Not having a pop at GW2 but an extended NDA or lack of meaningful information can tell you a lot.

It was telling the Bioware didnt drop the SWTOR NDA until virtually the last minute.

See what they were trying to hide now?