Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runes of Magic: Chapter 5 to Include Playable Dwarf Race

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Frogster has announced that the fifth Runes of Magic chapter will debut in June 2012. Included in the Fires of Shadowforge announcement is the news that a new playable race will be included as well as "a choice between two original new arcane classes -- Sorcerer and Champion".

Frogster has promised to reveal new information about the two new classes in the coming weeks. More details will be released about the new areas as well.

Find out more about Runes of Magic.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• woodard2040woodard2040 Member Posts: 20
    It's what WoW used to be, and better still, Free-to-Play!
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Originally posted by woodard2040

You meant...Pay-To-Win!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by marzatplay

Originally posted by woodard2040

You meant...Pay-To-Win!

Every time they raise the level limit I wince at what the upper level players will have to pay to upgrade their equipment and it was not optional, you need that good equipment to do some of the instances.

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

I played RoM a while back and loved every moment of it.  I finally got to the point where the upgrading system was explained.  I gave up on the game shortly after.

Such a shame that most likely the best F2P game is also arguably the worse cash shop pay 2 win game out there.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

Have to agree with all the posters above this game is good for a WoW clone with some extra features such as the dual class system but the CS ruins it at lvl 50 when it becomes major p2w in that you have to spend 5 times a sub to get anywhere.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

It's a decent game, but I frankly hated the way you leveled your dual classes and got access to skills.  Add in the knowledge that endgame was P2W and I quit around level 25.

• woodard2040woodard2040 Member Posts: 20

I agree.. this game is as hardcore pay-to-win as they come.  But up to lvl 50 was a blast!

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Yeah, i probably blew some 300 bucks on this game in a year for my wife and I's character. But they just kept raising the level cap and it became fairly obvious that this scheme was not going to stop anytime soon.  Great game too, The dual class system works great and allows for some really cool and diverse characters.  

So many folk in the GW2 forums right now whining about pay to win but have no idea what it is.  Runes of Magic is the definition of Pay to Win and is far, far different than what is described in the GW2.