Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA's future: the guild & political system

LyokoSpiralLyokoSpiral Member Posts: 14

How do you see the future of TERA's guild and political system?

Honestly the only thing I cringe about when thinking about the guild and political system is the amount of drama that will go on when people start running hardcore. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how it will effect your gameplay and social experience.

Comments

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

I dont see nothing yet because i still dont know how is going to work.

Tera needs a nice implemented political system, otherwise its just a another cool game to play a few weeks, imo.

Im still waiting to see how the system is going to work on release to decide if it is my new home or not.

• LyokoSpiralLyokoSpiral Member Posts: 14

I believe if it is run well by the players it will create a good community but it's all up to the sort of tools that we are given. I wish they'd release alot more information on it so we can further understand how it's supposed to work.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Yes it will effect me one way or another because I intend to roll on a pvp server.   Heads will roll and ego's will be bruised,  alliances will be made and broken.  Yes their will be much drama.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• AttoreionAttoreion Member UncommonPosts: 8

Just This.

I am rolling a PvP server.  I have already seen a lot of GvG Drama on the Beta.  Drama in an MMO makes me LOL.  I love to LOL.

Hence I should be well entertained. 

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Vanarchs have the ability to change NPC locations, teleporters, open specialty shops(selling items only available in these particular shops) and more things in their province, you also get your guild emblem hung around all over the province and your guild all get the fastest mount in the game + kickbacks on taxes inside their province. They also collect taxes from sales in their shops.

However to open these shops and what not you have to get Vanarch points to toggle options on and keep them on. By doing specialty quests and other things only available to Vanarchs and their guild you can get the points to make these changes.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Drama is in every game, with or without a politcal system and thing is it keeps the game interesting and alive.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I've never been a real guild person exactly because the drama. I hate to log on after a hard day of work to find myself between teens that have nothing else to do than make drama over stupid things.

But politics may be just the reason I would participate in drama.

Drama over items and other stupid stuff is not ok.

Drama over land, power and honor sounds OK to me. I wouldn't really call it drama. It's just...politics :-)

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

Originally posted by LyokoSpiral

I believe if it is run well by the players it will create a good community

http://i.qkme.me/35hq1d.jpg

• internetkidzinternetkidz Member Posts: 5

Will pvp combat be involved in some organized way on pvp servers? That would make it more fun

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by internetkidz

Will pvp combat be involved in some organized way on pvp servers? That would make it more fun

There is both, organized pvp will be Arena and death match. Arena is pretty obvious and death match is something you can set up any time any where with anyone. I can be anything from 1v1 up to 10v10 (doesn't have to be equal on both side soy ou can have 4v5 or 8v10) it basically create a list of 10 on each side and up to the creater to move people who join. You can bet money and items on these battles as well. Guild war is semi organized but its kinda kill enemy guild for next 24hr when you see them. However doesn't stop guild leaders to organize some large scale pvp if they wanted to.

• BigBadWolfeBigBadWolfe Member Posts: 143
    There's really no downside to the political system. At the very least it's a way to get free consumables that are useful for endgame dungeon.
    At the higher end it's heavy competition between guilds for fame and fortune. It also does create a sense of community as alliances are formed and guild leaders have to appeal to the player base for votes.

The best part about the Political system is that you don't have to be a zerg guild to participate. If you have ten really dedicated players you can go the PvP route and earn points by defeating other people in Battlegrounds.

The only bad part about the political system is that a Vanarch might screw over players by disabling some NPC venders and you might have to travel to a different area to access them.
    You also get achievements and a bit of notoriety just for participating.
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

GvG drama is what makes the game so fun...they need to make the wars longer...but its fun.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

Originally posted by afhn2110

GvG drama is what makes the game so fun...they need to make the wars longer...but its fun.

Lol so much shit posting all the time, it's quite funny.

I think 24 hours is long enough though. :P

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

In a nutshell, the whole political system revolves around the arena or voting.  Where does world PvP fit into the picture?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

Originally posted by dave6660

In a nutshell, the whole political system revolves around the arena or voting.  Where does world PvP fit into the picture?

For world bosses, during Rifts and just for fun, but really all I did was OWPvP last BETA, as long as it's fun people will do it(I hope).

Doesn't really fit into the political system as far as I know.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Originally posted by dave6660

For world bosses, during Rifts and just for fun, but really all I did was OWPvP last BETA, as long as it's fun people will do it(I hope).

Doesn't really fit into the political system as far as I know.

Great.  The best part of the game is completely pointless.

My enthusiasm for this game just suffered a crushing blow for 9,999 damage.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

How would it pertain into OWPvP, would probably to hard to regulate and keep from becoming exploitable.

At least you get the fastest mount in the game, your guild banner in the territory you control and free tax money!

Good enough incentive for me lol...

• dasklavierdasklavier Member Posts: 10

I HOPE it will affect me. I like drama sometimes, peace and quiet sometimes. I think the political system will make the community feel more like a community, put personality to nameplates, and generally be a step in the right direction of making your server feel more alive.