Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlantica Online: Celebrating 1M Players

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Nexon has announced that the millionth player for Atlantica Online has officially been tallied. To celebrate, the team will be hosting a special event on Saturday, March 25th.

[P]layers can participate in the Time’s Witness event this coming Saturday, March 25 at 2pm PT. During the Time’s Witness event, the one millionth Atlantica Online player will receive 1,000,000 NX, and a special title, “One In A Million,” that gives a 25 percent increase in attack power and experience for 30 minutes."In addition to rewarding the one millionth player, the 999,999th and 1,000,001st player will be rewarded with 250,000 NX. All participants of Time’s Witness will also be rewarded with a limited edition “Time’s Witness” title, a 15 percent increase in attack power, and a 10 percent increase in defense for 30 minutes.

The team is also showing off some other pretty cool statistics about Atlantica Online in the graphic below.

Find out more about Atlantica Online.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

Good for them.....I remember when the game first launched, alot of people were bashing it because of turn based gameplay.....I'm glad they took a chance and came up with something different.....We need alot more MMOs to try new things like Atlantica did.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

I always loved good turn-based strategies, some of them KOEI "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" series, and it seems that Nexon is making one game similar to Atlantica, based on Three Kingdoms setting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF4wHvEi6s0

I'll be sure to try it if they give us an english version!

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

it is one of nexon's best games.

(along with dragon nest IMHO)

it honestly would not take too much to make it into a game worthy of a standard 15 a month fee.  though, the eastern/western gap is very very prevalent in atlantica and the way the cash shop works is akin to playing lotto.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

If this was P2P without cash shop, it would have 2 million subs :P

• bdewbdew Member UncommonPosts: 192

The gameplay is fun (and different from pretty much any MMO, ever), but the horrible P2W cash shop absolutely ruins it.

I hope someone makes a P2P game like that.

• snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

I agree some pay to play games goes free to play, this is one game that should go the opposite. I dont see any reason why they shouldent. Like others have said they would have way more subs.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

I loved the combat system, but hated some of the world design, I also felt that the extreme linearity of the main questline & story was stretched out way to thinly over it's godknows how many levels now (was 120 when I started it).

The cash-shop was badly over-priced then with NDoors & doesn't look to have changed much at all, and the item-box gambling is clearly a huge rip-off designed for wholesale exploitation.

Needs referring to the gambling authorities like all other games in the F2P space to have their shop-practices scrutinized.

Would have not been a great sub game without an awful lot more variety to the main storyline, less grind & more meat on the bones of the very thin story.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

to bad they changed the combat system i like the old one more but its been slowly phased out over the years really silly move on there part tbs is dull