Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: The Zones & Tone of Pandaria

124»

Comments

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

What's next, pandas in space?

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

(Reads article, looks at screenshots...........)

Ok, I'm too old for this. Maybe my 10 year old will like it though.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Originally posted by reignjuste

What i dont like about mists of pandarea is pandas.If they remove this race it will be a success.

The Pandarean race is one of the most requested races in the World of Warcraft franchise.  I believe you overestimate the logic in your statement, in fact it's quite an uninformed statement.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

If they ever made Arakkoa a playable race, I'd resub in a New York minute.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897

They're just phoning it in now.

Titan better be worth them moving their best talent off of WOW.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

the graphics/world looks great.

too bad about the game underneath.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• HydhraHydhra Member Posts: 32

Pandas and pokemon...  Can never activate my account again because of those 2 things. Sleep well you gave me good entertainment in vanilla and tbc.

DAoC/GW/Lotro/WoW/WAR/Rift/SWTor

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

I hope the seige of Orgrimmer and the destructions of the giant jade statue are world sever events trigged and progressed by the players, similar to the AQ event in vanilla.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

double post

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

The world is torn asunder with Catalysm. Then there's this? Lol.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Originally posted by makii

WoW is cattered to a younger audience. You guys are just to old now for WoW.

Actually ... you are completely wrong. Kids do not want play "childish" games, which pandas will look like. Actually my guess is there will be much less small kids in wow and that is good thing.

• HydhraHydhra Member Posts: 32

Vanilla = 18+ year old

Tbc  = 16+ year old

Wrath = 12+ year old

Cate = 10 year old

MoP = 6 year old

Maybe its not true but the way people act ingame its very true.

DAoC/GW/Lotro/WoW/WAR/Rift/SWTor

• SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128

Originally posted by Hydhra

Vanilla = 18+ year old

Tbc  = 16+ year old

Wrath = 12+ year old

Cate = 10 year old

MoP = 6 year old

Maybe its not true but the way people act ingame its very true.

Totally agree, I hear Wow's next race are going to be cuddly little penguin people called the Pengoos for the under 6 year olds. Have fun in you spoon fed mmo!

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

I've really enjoyed this series of articles about the Mists of Pandaria, thanks Bill.  Well written and informative.  Before reading them I was feeling a bit "meh" about the expansion, and I'm not sure how it will compete for my attention against GW2, but the beauty of the latter is no sub, so maybe I'll play both.

I'm looking forward to the Asian themed areas, the return to focus on the war between Horde and Alliance (hope the pvp is more exciting than the current battlegrounds, which feel too separate from the rest of the game), the refurbished talents (if, that is, it makes for more flexibility of choice).  Not sure yet about the pandas themselves (not keen on the cows and goats either), the battling pets, the farms, etc. 

Let's hope that Blizzard somehow manage to re-capture the excitement and pleasure of playing vanilla WoW. 

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Originally posted by jayarte

Let's hope that Blizzard somehow manage to re-capture the excitement and pleasure of playing vanilla WoW. 

Right there with ya. ;) 

You're quite welcome!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I look forward to this expac since I think an Oriental-themed continent would be great for WoW.

I saw on my facebook page that Blizzard is starting its beta for MoP, so I am looking forward to testing it.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314

You can pretend to be a cuddly panda, and play on your cute farm.

Where can I sign up? 

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

Originally posted by BillMurphy

Originally posted by jayarte

Right there with ya. ;) 

You're quite welcome!

I wouldnt hold my breath of that ever happining. They said the same thing with Cataclysm as well. It's just PR nonsense to get gamers hyped up to go buy the game. Sadly it seems to work well, even if the information is incorrect.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

I wouldn't take anything Chris Metzen has to say very seriously. 

Shortly after his ridiculous "Geek" speech at Blizzcon, I saw him stumble around the Hilton Hotel lobby drunk off his ass while other Blizzard employees were trying to avoid him like the plague, laughing at him behind his back.

I'd say he's a shining example of how far some of the Blizzard "family" has fallen in the new Acti-blizz-ion culture.

When Blizzard had a firm grasp of the direction it wanted to go, WoW refined a lot of things in the MMO genre, and it offered a lot of innovative ideas for others to learn from---  But you can only reinvent the wheel so many times before you wind up with egg on your face.

This expansion appears to be a far cry from what I had found engaging in vanilla WoW, but only time will tell.  After the disappointment of Cataclysm, I doubt very much I'll bother picking this up, or resubbing.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

Originally posted by BartDaCat

This expansion appears to be a far cry from what I had found engaging in vanilla WoW, but only time will tell.  After the disappointment of Cataclysm, I doubt very much I'll bother picking this up, or resubbing.

Well, the reads i've had on this website about the expansion really don't say much at all. They don't write about:

- the major revamping of the loot system

- the major changes to proffesions

- the changes about how factions work

- the changes to resilience into two new stats

- solo instances

- pet battle system

They don't say much at all about many important changes coming to the game. They've touched the area, the monk, the new talent system which was very old info already. Only "new" thing i've found here was the timid approach to "housing" mechanics (the garden cultivation). For a much much more informative approach, i've found that the post here http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3889809/#blog pretty much sums it up.