Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discerning Roleplayer Seeking New Game

ChyldeMystChyldeMyst Member Posts: 1

Yes, I'm another refugee of Star Wars Galaxies who just can't seem to stop looking for what I've lost. I need a game with good graphics, extensive character customization, and a GOOD player housing system.

I've tried LotRO

I've tried Age of Conan

I've tried STO

I've even, god help me, explored WoW, DDO, Perfect World, EQII, RIFT, Ultima Online, and a half-dozen other titles that I can't remember (that's the extent of the impression they made).  I'm desperate to find the sort of roleplay community I knew on Starsider, but I can't find a game that even allows it.

Please help me?

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

The upcoming ArcheAge is probably the only game that is going to, potentially, fill SW:G shoes. Roleplaying potential is very high.

Vangaurd is going FTP soon and will be worth a look. The housing there is fairly good, limited to housing 'areas' but are open world. Finding a good location is probably hard this far on though. You can basically put tons of stuff in them.. anywhere you want. Roleplaying potential? Highest.

If you've never played WoW before I think Rift is an excellent game, especially if you havn't played a lot of WoW I mean. It's kinda samey if you have played a lot of WoW and hasn't got any player housing. Roleplaying potential? Doesn't really cater for it up front but I'm sure there's a good group of people doing it.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Eveline5Eveline5 Member Posts: 5

The housing there is fairly good, limited to housing 'areas' but are open world. Finding a good location is probably hard this far on though. You can basically put tons of stuff in them.

• Kedlin84Kedlin84 Member Posts: 1

Midkemia Online is great, It has some of the best Roleplaying you could ever want, character customisation is unparalelled, player housing is what ever you want it to be and as for graphics... well. It is a text based rpg, so technically the graphics are what you make them in your head heh.

I know text games sound wierd, but give it a go. You won't look back.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Honestly, City of Heroes.

I'm a roleplayer myself, and have jumped between games a lot over the past year, recently landing in COH. The character customization is one of the best of any MMO, letting you design your character's look, costume, and pick what powersets yoru character has. There aren't player housing exactly, but you can get supergroup bases and decorate them. There's also a pretty active RP community on the Virtue server, the unofficial RP server.

The graphics are a bit dated, the game being 8 years old, and the superhero/supervillian theme isn't for everyone... but I find that the setting the game has is broad enough to support pretty much any character idea, whether it be a robot, a mage, a super scientist, etc.

It also has a F2P option now, so you can check it out for free.