Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: Live Stream Chat Coming TONIGHT!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Want to get inside the minds of some of the dev team behind Age of Conan? Bill Murphy will be joined by Game Director Craig Morrison, designer Lidia Di Zazzo, and writer Joshua Alan Doetsch, who will share some of the secrets behind the macabre storytelling and repeatable game-play in Dead Mans Hand, one of the new areas added in last year's Savage Coast of Turan expansion to Age of Conan. Find out what goes into the planning and design of MMO content with the people who make it.

Join us on the MMORPG.com Live Stream TONIGHT, Wednesday, March 21st @ 6PM EDT (5 CST, 4 MST, 3 PST)!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

You know I'm a big fan of Age of Conan, but I still feel that this game is going to the wayside.

It really needs some big shake up announcement or I don't know... Seems like its lost its heart, Developement wise.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Well it has skeleton crew , population dropped alot after temporary f2p increase , each patch fix bugs but also bring new bugs (or bring back old ones) ,etc 

I've moved on looong time ago and not coming back.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I just think its a shame that a game with as mice of a core as AoC has is now only recieving "new raid" content updates.

So f'ing sick of hearing about raids....

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Thanks for coming, everyone! Did you enjoy the stream? Have any feedback for us? Hit us with your thoughts!

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Guys.. AoC is more healthy than you think. I play it still and the last stuff they have added is just insane (House of Crom). I think the game will do fine... I am also going to say something that might sound slightly outrageous.. I Think AoC will start to grow dramatically with it's new crafting system and world economy system. It is that good. the game in it self is still the best out there graphics and animationwise. I have great fate in AoC.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by DaSpack

Guys.. AoC is more healthy than you think. I play it still and the last stuff they have added is just insane (House of Crom). I think the game will do fine... I am also going to say something that might sound slightly outrageous.. I Think AoC will start to grow dramatically with it's new crafting system and world economy system. It is that good. the game in it self is still the best out there graphics and animationwise. I have great fate in AoC.

I actually agree with you, even with those new games comming out, I think AoC is going to start growing again in a little pace after the crafting update.

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

I just think its a shame that a game with as mice of a core as AoC has is now only recieving "new raid" content updates.

So f'ing sick of hearing about raids....

Hardly that. T4 raid completion is upcoming to be sure. But also HoC, the next xpac, tradeskill revamp, PoM revamp, HM'ing of old world group dungeons, HM's for the new solo instances. Plenty of updates other than raiding I think :P

Additional: They did stuff around for a period there with way too many tech updates, sacrificing content. This p1$$ed alot of people off (me included) but they are actually getting thier act together now.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894

Wayback Wednesday tonight at 8:30 pm CDT will have special guest Chris Morrison and we will cover AoC.

• ThorgrimmThorgrimm Age of Conan CorrespondentMember Posts: 274

Age of Conan will be around for a long time.  I just wish the fanbois from other MMOs would stop trying to mislead people away from AoC.  The game rocks, and we have RAIDs several days a week, and PvP every day.  I am looking forward to the new crafting system and the new world economy, as a result.  Well done Funcom.  Keep up the great work.

• acoley77acoley77 Member Posts: 6

I still feel that this game is going to the wayside.

• LirialLirial Member Posts: 1

[Mod Edit] i bet any money this stream was run from the eu side as the us server set is dead in the water and limping along. Funcom has essentially killed any hope of renewing this game and they steadily make bad decisions making things worse. im a 4 year vet since launch , been playing nonstop and now i have thrown in the towel. i have had quite enough punishment and the more i play other mmos (aoc being my first) the more i realize whats an epic piece of crap it really is

I will refer people to this post in the AoC forums for insight into one of the many reasons why this game is failing and the reason i have had it with funcom

• schiehallionschiehallion Member CommonPosts: 9

Originally posted by Lirial

...been playing nonstop and now i have thrown in the towel. i have had quite enough punishment and the more i play other mmos (aoc being my first) the more i realize whats an epic piece of crap it really is...

But it isn't when you see the state it is getting to now. My guess is your beef is with the PvP side of things - judging by your link to forums where the rant is ongoing about latest Shield of the Risen bug and non-working sieges. And I'll grant you that, PvP is not good in AoC, but from a PvE perspective there's so much stuff to do now - and for a 4-year old game the graphics are stunning, combat system is entertaining and feels very responsive. I've checked vids of GW2, SWTOR, Tera, etc. and I hate that my character will feel sluggish when I try to move... add to that many new MMOs just coming off as bland fantasy themes with no real "character" that grips you as a player. RE Howard's sexy barb fantasy is captured so well in AoC, I hope this will continue to entice current and potential players.