Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you do with your old computer games?

tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I still have games locked away that released back when Voodoo cards were top notch haha..

just curious what people do when they dont want their computer games anymore? is there something better then throwing em away/recycling?

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I keep them in my trophy room. I spend some time dusting them when I clean up too.  I hate how my wind waker was wrongfully stolen from me.  I will get my revenge....someday...Or Ill get a brand new one if it annoys me enough .

Edit :

Hard to find games tend to sell well on ebay n stuff too!

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

I got a shelf in the basement of all old video games...

A ton of them actually ranging from old atari games (Frogger, Asteroids, etc...) to PC games (Doom, Diablo, ect...) to somewhat newer games I don't play anymore (PS1/2, Vanguard, WoW).

• driver4hiredriver4hire Member UncommonPosts: 78

keep them all on a nice shelf in there respective cases with all the literature that came with them... if I didn't already lose it...  Nostalgia will sometimes kick and i will dust off some of the better ones for a casual playthrough, baldurs gate is what I'm working on now actually lol.  Got it installed on my work laptop so I have something to do during meetings.... shh... lol

Currently playing : World of Tanks, LoL
    Waiting for: The game of my dreams
    Played: Everything
    Favorites being Eve, UO and SWG Pre-CU

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I lose them, it seems.

I only find this out years later when I go looking for them.

It's a sad process.

It reminds me of the scene in Cop Out where Bruce Willis asks Tracy Morgan why he has a glovebox full of badges and he replies "I lose 'em a lot."

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Give them away.

Materialism is a trap.

• cheachancheachan Member Posts: 122

Keep most of it as a souvenir and play it some other time. As for the other games, we give them away

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

If they're not too old, I'll sometimes trade them with friends for some of their slightly older games that I've been curious about but never played. And there are still some used games stores that will pay money for older used games.

Where's the any key?

• KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

They tend to make good coasters.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

I keep the good one.

I sell the bad ones.

I throw away the ones even other people don't want.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240

It really depends, if it is just the game with a cd case then it would be a present, but if it is still in the box I will probably keep it.

Still have copies of Neverhood and Bad Mojo in great condition.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

If it's a game I like, I squirrel away either the CD or manual. If it's a game I really like, I get the disk/manual/map/etc signed by one of the devs. Actually, this weekend I'm bringing my original Wizardry disk to EVE Fanfest to see if I can get the creator (Robert Woodhead) to sign it since he'll be there.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• barbarian567barbarian567 Member Posts: 6

I lost all of my Commodore 64 games. I did play the "Pirates" on PC 6-7 years ago but it didn't have the same feeling.

• OnomicOnomic Member Posts: 196

Throw em away. Except those i have steam.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

As a collector, I keep them.

Forever.

I still have my 3 1/2" Warcraft: Orcs and Humans demo disk.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

I 'm a collector I keep all my consoles from childhood and handhelds and a couple of PCs -C64 and couple of Apple IIC and a Amiga, I still have all my original C64 games a ton of them, lots of Apple games, plenty of Nintendo, SNES, Sega Master System, and so on and so forth to todays generation of game consoles, lots of old DOS games, and current PC games, and considering I own lots of physical copies of games, I go to ROM sites and download copies so I can play them all on one PC :D, I never run out of things to play and I'm constantly looking for stuff to fill my collections, recently I bought a brand new still sealed in boxed copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day for Nintendo 64 needless to say I opened and am currently playing it :P

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

I Keep em. I have a shelf of my bookcase full of games....and a big box full of older games. 

Dunno why I keep em really, but I always do. Some of them may be worth a bit now I suppose, like original boxed UFO: Enemy Unknown for PC. (Love that game!)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• ImixZinzImixZinz Member CommonPosts: 553

I throw them away then a year later i regret throwing them away.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

I use to throw them away but for many years I only buy digital.

• ThanesThanes Member Posts: 182

Arts and craftsimage

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Lost quite a bit.  Many are still in some boxes sitting in my parent's basement.  Others I gave away to friends or family members.  It's kind of scary to think how many total video games I have owned, dating back to Atari 7800 days.  If I had only given all that money to charity, the world might have been a better place....ehhh I would have been a lot more bored though.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

I just bought a fellow colleague's Atari 2600 - an original from 1978 along with 50 original Atari 2600 games. All in pristine condition. This guy saves everything and is fastidious about keeping things clean. I've yet to hook it up - but it's nice to know that I have a piece of my childhood preserved if I ever want to go back and experience it again. It's so wierd to hold those single button controllers again. How unwieldly those things were!

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• fasaani500fasaani500 Member Posts: 15

I storage them as my nostalgy-fix obv

• edwardseanedwardsean Member Posts: 4

Actually I uninstalled them and I deleted them.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

I did throw away some older games or give it for free, except those who are really exceptional for its time. By the way I still have a voodo 3 card somewhere lying around and the original Ghostbuster c64 game for a datasette hehe. 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I hold onto them. I've still got Zork and a bunch of other games on 5 1/4" floppy disks.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams