Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isn't GoT a Browser game?

The Official Site link from MMORPG.com takes you to a page that says. "Game of Thrones, is coming soon to your browser."  This implies that the game will be a browser and not a Desktop Client, as stated on MMORPGs general information page for GoT.  I hope someone would double check this and update the MMORPG information.  If however I am wrong in my interpretation of this information I apologize.

Pardon any spelling errors
Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
As if it could exist, without being payed for.
F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

Comments

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    It will be a browser based game yes.
  • dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316

as far as i know, it will be Unreal Engine via Flash Player.

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

Originally posted by dronfwar

The game uses Unity Engine.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Go play BSG Online, you get a feel what its going to be like, which is terrible. Such a shame.

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316

Originally posted by XAleX360

Originally posted by dronfwar

The game uses Unity Engine.

forget it I twisted that up. seems there is also a singleplayer RPG coming for PC, Xbox and PS3

http://www.gameofthrones-rpg.com/

and this one uses UE3

http://www.pcgames.de/Game-of-Thrones-PC-236697/News/Game-of-Thrones-Neue-Bilder-zum-Unreal-Engine-3-Rollenspiel-erschienen-863475/

and the MMORPG uses unity3d.

• PegasusUKPegasusUK Member UncommonPosts: 50

Nice, looking forward to trying GoT out soon.

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

browser games have come along way, scrteens look amazing. If you play battlefield play for free that is a browser game. Still requriesd a download of about 500megs. I would assume a larger client download for GOT

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

Corn! Corn! Snow! Snow! Oh No! Browser based games are a NO! NO!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by voltt

browser games have come along way, scrteens look amazing. If you play battlefield play for free that is a browser game. Still requriesd a download of about 500megs. I would assume a larger client download for GOT

Well, yes but they still have a long way to go.

Sorry but the IP deserves better, and the same goes for Shadowrun.

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by voltt

Well, yes but they still have a long way to go.

Sorry but the IP deserves better, and the same goes for Shadowrun.

I agree, the IP is deserving of some kick arse MMO that possibly also moves the genre on even further.

But let's wait for the game to be released and shown before we jump to conclusions about how good a browser based game can be. Gameplay is the be all and end all of gaming for many people, and that might just be fantastic even in a browser game.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • kidkiediskidkiedis Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by holifeet
    I agree, the IP is deserving of some kick arse MMO that possibly also moves the genre on even further.

But let's wait for the game to be released and shown before we jump to conclusions about how good a browser based game can be. Gameplay is the be all and end all of gaming for many people, and that might just be fantastic even in a browser game.

I surely don't need another wow clone but with Starks instead of Order..

Features for now look just perfect. Realy first trailers would reveal much more then screens. Few days left.

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

Browser Games and to a greater extent 'Cloud' games are on the rise atm, when I attended GDC I saw the potential for some very awesome games coming to the browser. There will be some big news coming out of the Cloud Gaming scene in the next year or two, I wish I could say more on the subject but I am under a sort of 'verbal' NDA.

Just keep your eyes open, I think X-Platform gaming will become very succesful in the near future, and I wouldn't dismiss browser technology just yet.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Kreedz

Browser Games and to a greater extent 'Cloud' games are on the rise atm, when I attended GDC I saw the potential for some very awesome games coming to the browser. There will be some big news coming out of the Cloud Gaming scene in the next year or two, I wish I could say more on the subject but I am under a sort of 'verbal' NDA.

Just keep your eyes open, I think X-Platform gaming will become very succesful in the near future, and I wouldn't dismiss browser technology just yet.

Agree on the cloud gaming thing, I thought OnLive was pretty cool and I probably would have subscribed to it if my country had a better network infrastructure. The technology to do these things is here it's just the infrastructure to support it well is not in place yet, I think it will be a while before most western countries have good enough broadband networks for this to work flawlessly. Especially now in a recession upgrading peoples internet speeds is not top of the menu any more.