Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Making the End Game Fun & Exciting

2»

Comments

• stefanakisgrstefanakisgr Member UncommonPosts: 38

Originally posted by Zekiah

And by "builds" I mean how their skills are used. There are no "builds", just how you use what's handed to you. You aren't building ANYTHING in D3 except for your gear.

A successor to D2? Nope, not hardly. Not even close.

To judge a game by one aspect alone , is not wise . For me Diablo 2 was all about the atmosphere , the haunting music , the replayability . The game mechanics were important , but in the background for me . I'm beta testing D3 , and I have to say I love the new ability system . Lots of choices , lots of abilities to chose from  , and no need for a spreadsheet or a calculator . You like what it does , you use it , or you choose another .I can see how that can upset guys that love to bring math into the perfect build , but maybe its not the end of the world . Final judgement will be reserved for the full product . 

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by stefanakisgr

And by "builds" I mean how their skills are used. There are no "builds", just how you use what's handed to you. You aren't building ANYTHING in D3 except for your gear.

To judge a game by one aspect alone , is not wise . For me Diablo 2 was all about the atmosphere , the haunting music , the replayability . The game mechanics were important , but in the background for me . I'm beta testing D3 , and I have to say I love the new ability system . Lots of choices , lots of abilities to chose from  , and no need for a spreadsheet or a calculator . You like what it does , you use it , or you choose another .I can see how that can upset guys that love to bring math into the perfect build , but maybe its not the end of the world . Final judgement will be reserved for the full product . 

What makes you think I'm judging the game on one aspect when I posted a few of my reasons for not buying the game? I'm glad you enjoy beta and the game but I'm also in beta and don't enjoy the game.

I can see why arguments spiral out of control at times here, people just simply fail to read what was posted but instead read into them what they want to see. People have different likes and opinions, that's really all there is to it. Some people are going to like D3 and others are going to be disappointed, nothing new in the gaming world.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• PandraxPandrax Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by stefanakisgr

What makes you think I'm judging the game on one aspect when I posted a few of my reasons for not buying the game? I'm glad you enjoy beta and the game but I'm also in beta and don't enjoy the game.

I can see why arguments spiral out of control at times here, people just simply fail to read what was posted but instead read into them what they want to see. People have different likes and opinions, that's really all there is to it. Some people are going to like D3 and others are going to be disappointed, nothing new in the gaming world.

I can tell you right now, the majority of people who love D2 are going to be in love with D3. Let me know how your version of Diablo works out, Zekiah. Obviously you know exactly how the game should have been made. I am curious to see what you think would of made a better Diablo? Personally, for me and many others, Blizzard has fixed a lot of the annoyances that were inherently built into the previous Diablo, and for this I am thankful.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Well i don't know every detail about this game yet however i do hope they left the fail model of the endgameratrace behind because that's a very old model of a game. Rushing to end game is never fun even in themeparks.

• Heartily24Heartily24 Member Posts: 11

is this true that the official lunch if diablo III is on may 15?

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Originally posted by HurricanePip

1. I don't think Blizzard meant to use the term "magic find". Yeah, it was a long time, but there was a lengthy developer discussion back in the day about how MF was a bad game mechanic and poor design, at least in terms of being a gear stat.

2. This is an inverse rested bonus. I don't know if makes the game more fun. It does, however, promote longer play periods and more farming. Guess it depends what people's deinition of fun is.

I loved D2, but I've grown up. This game sounds like a giant loot grind for people who need pointless virtual accomplishment to make themselves feel better. It feeds the BlizKiddie stereotype, which in this case, may be more well deserved than other past games.

I don't think point #2 is really accurate. The new system is designed to grant a bonus after the first set of champion/elites killed in a game that persist in that session until you leave the game or switch builds. This encourages players to:

1. Not change out skills builds for each new challenge/boss

2. Stay in game sessions together longer

I don't know that this bonus continues to grow over time (although I would agree with that design), but this removes the old game-hopping experience players would do in D2 jumping to Baal-run-789, then Baal-run-780, etc. Hopefully this builds more player interaction and comraderie outside of just guilds.

• dimugorgondimugorgon Member Posts: 1

yes

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

burning adrenaline was better, but sounds interesting.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262

So pretty much it enforces using the same skills and playing for longer periods?

Nothing amazing on first sight