Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey everyone I would like your opinion on which MMORPG i should play! :D

Jesus1254789Jesus1254789 Member Posts: 1

imageHey everyone I'm currently looking for a new MMORPG to play and ive played many:

DDO

LOTRO

WoW

Minecraft( not sure if thats really one but...)

Perfect World

Mabinogi(favorite :D )

Maplestory

Vindictus

DOMO

Runescape

Runes of Magic

Dragons Nest

Flyff

and a few more but i forgot the names... sorry image

Alright so heres what im looking for:

*Good character custimization(doesn't have to be epic like sims or Perfect World just enough so i actually like how my character looks a good example would be maplestory)

*Storyline( i absoluty hate doing pointless quests without a meaning >.> i want the game to have some lore so it ends up with me and my party fighting a epic boss :D )

*Graphics( doesnt have to have incredible graphics just at least it doesnt kill my eyes on how bad it is....runescape image i like 2-D games too image )

*Crafting( i dont want the game to be a mixture of both combat and craft not just one or the other and btw i like cooking alot for some reason image )

*Housing, Marriage, Guilds,

*Prepaid cards(i like games where you can buy cards from 7-eleven, cvs, etc. instead of using your credit card.)

BTW if it helps i own a DELL XPS 15 if that helps 

thank you all for reading please post your replies remember not everything has to be on here but try your best to get  most image

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Try Aion.

It is adding a sizeabel housing expansion in the next update, you look cool (provided you like the art style of Asian games) there is crafting, the character customization is excellent as far as how you look.

There are of course guilds. There is a "main storyline" but also some of the minor quests have a decent story. Some dont'.

You can buy nc soft prepaid cards.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • omega78omega78 Member UncommonPosts: 260

I don't think I saw La Tale on your list... I highly suggest you give it a go.

It is a 2d game, yes you can buy cards for it in store.

The character customization is quite expansive, there are plenty of fashion options available in the store, even if you don't cash you will still look pretty swanky with the free options.

There are A LOT of classes, you start off as either a, Warrior, Templar (something like that) Engineer, Explorer or Mage and from there you pick one of two classes to be at 80, then at 120 you go to another and at 130 your whole class can virtually change around with Sub Classes, such as, Explorer can either go to Gunslinger or Treasure Hunter. Gunslinger uses guns, Treasure Hunter uses either Daggers, Bows or Crossbows. At 120, Gunslinger-> Duelist, and TH->Ruin Walker...and again at 130... Duelist goes to Blade Slinger, a gun blade using class (yes, gun blade) and Ruin walker goes to Rouge Master I think, which is a dual dagger wielder.

The story line is actually quite nice if you take the time to read it, you travel throughout the world getting quests relative to your area, some of which contribute to the main story, but Scenarios which are instanced dungeons are where the plot really moves forward.

I wasn't too much with the games crafting, but it does exist...you may want to look into that a bit more for yourself  since I don't know much about it.

There most certainly are guilds, speaking of the community is simply amazing; one of the nicest I have ever played with. 

I don't think there is housing, and I do not know about marriage.

I hope you will try out La Tale ^^ It really is worth it.

Oh and...Edit

I didn't notice you enjoyed Mabinogi the most, seeing so, try out Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine, the combat is similar to Mabi but the feel is different, its worth a look especially if you like the Video game series.

I wish you luck in your endeavors.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Runes of Magic is honestly the closest thing to something you'll enjoy given your requirements.  Check out EQ2 as well.  I know you didn't list it, but it has great graphics, good character customization, amazing housing, and plenty of lore

• OmpetOmpet Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by SuperXero89

Runes of Magic is honestly the closest thing to something you'll enjoy given your requirements.  Check out EQ2 as well.  I know you didn't list it, but it has great graphics, good character customization, amazing housing, and plenty of lore

His list was of games he already had gone through! He is searching for new ones :)

I couldn't see Atlantica on your list. Found the game-system pretty fun (it's turnbased fighting) and the crafting system was wonderful! There is wars amongst the different nations that you can join and I can just really say: It did hold me down in the chair while I played it! I did not read the story though, but I think there was a pretty good one :)

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Go single player and get Elder Scrolls Skyrim.. You can thank me later.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Okay well I can recommend Pirates of the Burning Sea for you. 

If you like sailing ship combat or movies like Master and Commander.  Thats a good fix.  Graphics are good, the crafting is incredibly complex (like EvE),  and although the story lines are read (not voiced) I think it has some of the best dialogue of any game I've played.  If you bother to read it that is.  And yes, I get bored with WoW's quest dialogue when I've played it but I never mind reading the stuff in Pirates.   

Pirates is F2P, with a few things limited, such as ship storage, and some crafting limitations.  But if you pay the sub fee just once, which is $15 then it unlocks the entire game forever, and you can cancel your sub immediately after and the game stays unlocked forever. 

So I almost consider it a Buy to Play game with a $15 dollar charge but I have highly enjoyed the game for what it is. 

It does lack housing (you get ships though), I know nothing about this marriage thing you speak off (my wife would argue otherwise), but yes, it does have guilds. 

Anyways its one of my all time favorite mmorpgs, that I can log into and have a blast with even if Ive had a long break from it.  Easy to jump right back in and play again, but with enough complexity that its challenging.  Its also fairly twitch combat, especially ship combat, and I enjoy that a lot. 

Said to have some of the best and most fun PVP of any game out there, but I haven't dived into PVP on the game at all yet. 

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by ElderRat

Go single player and get Elder Scrolls Skyrim.. You can thank me later.

This.

To OP

To be honest, they aren't many good MMOs currently out that are story-driven (let alone have a good story like Mabinogi has/had, G13 to G15 wasn't great in my opinion). Onto crafting, your point confused me a little (seems contradictory), still you seem to enjoy some aspect of crafting, however ike with story, few games have crafting, let alone a good system (like Mabinogi or Runescape).

They don't really fit your requirements, but who knows, you might like them : Pandora Saga, ROSE Online, Drakensang, Mythos, Spiral Knight.   I pretty much threw what came through my mind, all 5 of those are quite different from each others as well. If you liked Minecraft, you could always look into Terraria.

Otherwise I'd look away from the MMORPG scene for a little while and move to single player RPGs instead, thus why I quoted ElderRat. Skyrim is a good suggestion, but that's just personal preferences.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Not a perfect match, but I'd suggest L2 Free to Play.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.