Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Endgame Fashion Shows

13»

Comments

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

There is a way out of it...

The next time you are in a beta test and you see a thread by a RPer demanding CLOTHING sets for RPing with why dont you actually JOIN him in moving the company to making NON GEAR sets that can be worn and allow your stats gear to be covered.

This allows for a game that has a shit ton of "Look" options without effecting gear drops.

Every game should have a costume slot...this is a god damn role playing game!

I swear the people that made this game has never played one before...worst options I have ever seen in an MMO.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by jtcgs

There is a way out of it...
    The next time you are in a beta test and you see a thread by a RPer demanding CLOTHING sets for RPing with why dont you actually JOIN him in moving the company to making NON GEAR sets that can be worn and allow your stats gear to be covered.
    This allows for a game that has a shit ton of "Look" options without effecting gear drops.
    Every game should have a costume slot...this is a god damn role playing game!
    I swear the people that made this game has never played one before...worst options I have ever seen in an MMO.

Hey, some people like to dress like a dysfunctional clown.
  • lee33701lee33701 Member UncommonPosts: 12

LOL

Just because you put horns on a suit of armor or spikes on shoulder  pads doesn't mean it's cool. SWTOR should keep it's design theme and not try and become like other fanatsy MMOs, I've seen better armor on Madonna.  I really liked the early styling of the game the suits really had the feel of each class and looked like they where designed  to match the classes in the game . This looked and felt right. Now you look  at the end game stuff it's just gaudy and way over the top.  It looks more like it belongs in Lord of the Rings  or some other fantasy MMO and has lost the styling of the Star Wars Universe.

"more comsetic options, costume selections, and various other customization features that allow players to individualize their characters, giving the players behind them a unique sense of identity that they can take pride in".BartDaCat 

don't think those are mutually exsclusive  ideas for it to look like star wars and still give players a unique sense of identity that they can be proud of. What I'm talking about are DESIGN queues that make sense for people.

• shadowlord1shadowlord1 Member Posts: 1

i play a Imp Sniper and i love everything about Imperial Agent both Sniper and Operative... execpt for the armor. Even the Republic version (the Smuggler) is way better as far as there armor, fashion, or costumes, whatever you want to call it, go.

"more comsetic options, costume selections, and various other customization features that allow players to individualize their characters, giving the players behind them a unique sense of identity that they can take pride in".BartDaCat 

don't think those are mutually exsclusive  ideas for it to look like star wars and still give players a unique sense of identity that they can be proud of. What I'm talking about are DESIGN queues that make sense for people.

sorry about the double posting

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Good article Michael,

Sadly the high end tier gear does not fit a SW setting. It kinds of kill any desire to grind for it.

Originally posted by RefMinor

Is anyone going to do a Star Wars mod for the game?

I'm daydreaming about client side hacks at this time..

• KnyssaKnyssa Member Posts: 3

I found that there was ridiculous looking armor at all levels, not just endgame.  I took advantage of the orange modable right from the start only to have my BH critisized for wearing "agent" armor.  Having played SWG since before NGE I am used to being able to look how I choose and I don't choose the ridiculous BH armor.  What BH in their right mind would wear a uniform that announces his presence (and occupation)  the moment he comes into view? 

All in all I am very disaappointed in the game and from the rate of my server's population dropping I would say that I am not the only one who feels that it's purchase may have been a waste of $$.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Deewe

Good article Michael,
    Sadly the high end tier gear does not fit a SW setting. It kinds of kill any desire to grind for it.

Every time I see the new armour sets my post turns more from a joke into a serious comment.
  • astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by PyrateLV

Originally posted by Elikal  I really, really wonder what kind of person designs this and actually feels THAT is something a gamer sees and thinks "Oh this is cool, I want that too!"

This guy

And Her

hahahahahha

win

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by Deewe

Good article Michael,

Every time I see the new armour sets my post turns more from a joke into a serious comment.

I can understand the feeling.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Originally posted by astoria

Originally posted by PyrateLV

Originally posted by Elikal  I really, really wonder what kind of person designs this and actually feels THAT is something a gamer sees and thinks "Oh this is cool, I want that too!"

This guy

And Her

hahahahahha

win

On a sad note, the Liberace museum closed down in Las Vegas. Couldn't even get Cher to watch his endgame fashion show I guess.