Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW is not easy, don't fool yourselves.

NeverdyneNeverdyne Member Posts: 167

I know it's cool to bash WoW as a simplified, extremely easy game. It's what hipsters do in this site day in and day out. But they don't seem to understand what "easy to get into, hard to master" really means. Just because leveling and 5-man dungeons are easy, it doesn't mean WoW has no challenge and gives no sense of accomplishment. Tell me, where you in that 1% of players who were capable of defeating Kil'Jaeden before Wrath came out? Did you kill Lady Sinestra in T11, or Heroic Ragnaros? When it takes 300+ attempts to kill a boss for one of the most hardcore gaming guilds in the world, can you really say with a straight face that the game is easy? Please, get off your high horses. It's fine to not like the gameplay and style of the game, but to say it's easy you're just fooling yourselves. 

Comments

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by Neverdyne

I know it's cool to bash WoW as a simplified, extremely easy game. It's what hipsters do in this site day in and day out. But they don't seem to understand what "easy to get into, hard to master" really means. Just because leveling and 5-man dungeons are easy, it doesn't mean WoW has no challenge and gives no sense of accomplishment. Tell me, where you in that 1% of players who were capable of defeating Kil'Jaeden before Wrath came out? Did you kill Lady Sinestra in T11, or Heroic Ragnaros? When it takes 300+ attempts to kill a boss for one of the most hardcore gaming guilds in the world, can you really say with a straight face that the game is easy? Please, get off your high horses. It's fine to not like the gameplay and style of the game, but to say it's easy you're just fooling yourselves. 

Everything up to those heroic fights is gravy. That's the big gripe for people...including me.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by bigsmiff

Everything up to those heroic fights is gravy. That's the big gripe for people...including me.

agree - wow has challenge at endgame but leveling is easier than it needs to be

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

easiest solo grind in history, dont know what youre smoking.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

Im not one to bash any game... As a matter of fact I wish everyone who likes wow and Blizzard continued goodness.

However, perspective must be taken into account here. If you are looking at it from the perspective of 1999 mmo-beginners you will see a themepark game with the following things:

-No death penalty

-The ability to kill multiple mobs all attacking you without breaking a sweat

-Lack of much traveling, insta-porting, no need to socialize to fill up groups

-Etc etc.Insert anything you want (mounts at low levels, 450 bandaging skill with giveaways, no full loot.)

So.... if your using a 2004+ perspective comparing it to Rift, Swtor, sure its not as easy as people think it is.

And like I said before. I hope WoW continued success and am glad some people have their dream game.

• skeith138skeith138 Member Posts: 176

agree, after WOTLK we now have 2 seperate raid difficulty people are believing that once clear normal mode that it's about the same as heroic.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Agree on both counts.  There's some hard stuff, and it IS a game that's more complex than it's usually given credit for.  But a large majority of the content is faceroll material.  I remember places with my hunter where I could just set my pet to agressive and he'd tear across the countryside leaving bodies in his wake.  In many cases, supporting him at range was optional.

It could probably be argued that the ease of the open world game actually MAKES the dungeon stuff more difficult, by leaving most players woefully unprepared.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

challenge at end game? following a certain base script and memo skills it hardly a challenge.

you could say it was challenging if even with top gear you would had problems killing a bosses or doing a instance if the mobs had random AI.

but a fact is every single person who said i'm good I played wow before, I sure hell pull my best pots and keep my finger on my oh SH!t skills, because on the first problem we find the 1337 wow player will fail, every single time in any game I played, its even worse in pvp hop bunning when it mean nothing and you can still stun lock the moron because hey we don't have resilience easy mode here or you know what you are doing or die like nothing.

i'm still waiting any "good" wow player do something good, and i'm hardly top player

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

so.... your argument is that regardless of how easy 99% of the game is, its that last 1% that only matters?

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

Serioulsy, lvl 15 to cap by random team pugs on LFD tool. Never leave the bank and AH area. Get to Cap, Pug some more until your gear numbers are high enough to get into a halfway decent raid guild. Pick one, any one, you only have to stay until they outfit your gear score enough to get into a different raid guild. Eventually your gear score will be enough to get into the LEET raid guild on your server. You dont have to be a nice guy, nobody in that guild is anyway, they all got there on the same path you did. Now all you need to do is show up when the boss says be there. If you have no idea how to do the run your going to do, watch the youtube vid a couple of times and your in. Walk left when you should walk left, walk right when you should walk right, click 3, 3, 2, 4, 3, 3, and hop twice. Get your gear when your DKP points add up to enough to get them. Keep your mouth shut, say yes sir to the 12 year old guild master when he calls your name in vent. Gravy to the end.

And this is what they call difficult??

Sorry, been there done that, many trimes over. Dont fool yourself, your not all that leet afterall.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Originally posted by narakuu

so.... your argument is that regardless of how easy 99% of the game is, its that last 1% that only matters?

if that 1% you mention is in the other games then yes, I like a challenge not like do a group instance solo or duo it.

in WoW, is just meh, no challenge at all, no risk, nothing. the top raider guild is just a time sink not really a challenge, most require a minimum equip to go with then, to me is saying we suck we don't want have any kind of problem with is not in the script we copy from the others who did, so you can defend anything you like, but it will not change anyone who started to play wow, or say its good in mmo because of wow I will laught, and not care for him anymore.

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Son0fZeusSon0fZeus Member Posts: 49

I agree and think that if you try to be in the top guild or kill the top boss when he just comes out, the game is very hard.

As for the crying people about how easy the game mechanics have became...thats what everyone asked for. Nobody tells you to train for ur mount or use dungeon finder. You can always stay in your guild or look for people in trade for hours like we had to before. 

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Yes, and if you were in a raiding guild that didn't kill KJ with the 3.0 skill buffs, then you probably found a new guild at that point.  KT before BC was much much harder than KJ before Wrath.