Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good for a goof

dave6660dave6660 New York, NYPosts: 2,587Member Uncommon

I tried LoL yesterday for the first time.  This is one of the those times I agree with majority of other reviewers.  The game was fun in a nostaglic sort of way.  It felt like I was playing an old school SNES game.

Like a few other games listed on this site, LoL is not a mmorpg.  It's a lobby game plain and simple.

Before starting I didn't read up on the different champions so I was picking ones at random.  With so many champions available I'm wondering if they can differentiate from each other enough to really make them unique?  The 4 I tried were very different.

The matches I played were all player vs AI on the beginner setting.  The bots love guerrilla warfare, is this generally how the players fight too?  Every match had at least a couple incidents of nerd rage and name calling (not necessarily directed at me).  I can't imagine how they act in PvP.

LoL seems to be the sort of game that would be best fun with premade groups of friends.  Random groups seem to be asking for headaches.  Overall it's a fun game to play once and a while for shits and giggles.  I don't see anything holding me for more than a few weeks though.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
-- Herman Melville

Comments

• driver4hiredriver4hire ny, NYPosts: 78Member Uncommon

I like LoL its great for a quick fix and truely a "free" game when it comes to the purchases.  I've been playing for two months now and haven't payed a dime which is always nice.  It also has a great system to just pick up and play. 

As far as champions being unique,  I'd say I've tried about 15 of them so far and they are only alike in the jobs that they perform e.g. a mage character will play similar to another mage character but the moves/skills required to play each character are very different.

Thats at least what I have seen so far.  LoL certainly isn't a 10/10 but I'd definitely rate it as a solid 7/10 with the negatives primarily being the community.  But to remedy this I just play it with people I know.

Currently playing : World of Tanks, LoL
    Waiting for: The game of my dreams
    Played: Everything
    Favorites being Eve, UO and SWG Pre-CU