Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Maelforge Rising

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMORPG.com has partnered with Trion Worlds to bring our readers an exclusive lore piece behind one of Rift's gods of the Infernal Dawn, Maelforge. Read on to see why Maelforge hates humanity so and what, just maybe, the future holds for this denizen of the Plane of Fire.

We came at last to this world. I had heard of Telara’s mighty god of war, and yearned to paint his death in glorious relief against a smoldering sky. But Thedeor heeded his cowardly fellow gods and hid from me as they forced us to fight worthless mortals.

Read more Rift: Maelforge Rising.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Very cool images and lore piece

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

Can't f*ing wait to bring this bastard down.  Its gonna be a long, tough road, but we will for damn sure do it

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

chubby dragon is a chubby dragon :)

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

mymmo lol funny, good one.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• Astral-EchoAstral-Echo Member Posts: 5

Trion has certainly improved on their dragon design since Greenscale and what originally passed for Maelforge in one of their dungeons. Now if only they could make similar improvements with their armor.

• Mr_HalloweenMr_Halloween Member Posts: 18

The new armor and weapons looks like its turning out nicely to me

http://community.riftgame.com/2012/03/21/the-art-of-infernal-dawn/

• coraphisecoraphise Member UncommonPosts: 11

I say give Trion credit; they made one hell of a game to enter into the MMO market and it's doing nicely. And it feels like they're responsive to player issues and concerns. ^^

• AshenDreamAshenDream Member UncommonPosts: 7

Love this kind of writing. And we're going to give him cause to hate us even more.

• Hyperion5182Hyperion5182 Member Posts: 66

All i have to say is 'Bring It'.

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

Well mage set looks like kuklux clan for dragons lol

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by Khebeln

Well mage set looks like kuklux clan for dragons lol

The same could be said for the SWTOR Sorceror Operation set.

"Did someone say cross burning?"

Yeah, this set just looks WRONG.