Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trial Thoughts

mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

I havent played MO since beta failed, but I was bored and decided to see if it had improved at all. After about 10 hours on the trial my impression is that it hasnt. While the environmental graphics are pretty good and theres a lot of freedom to play, the game is still pretty futile at the early stages.

Theres still:

-naked people everywhere

-no real social interaction

-too much empty space

-horrible interface

-no real clues on how to do basic things beyond the MOST basic things

-outdated and suspicious info from the forums

-not really that much variety in things to do

-horrible combat mechanics

-ugly animations

-overall lack of immersiveness

Im sure its entertaining for some people, especially veterans, but I just felt the lack of instant fun makes its difficult to stay interested. I dont mean themepark fun, but either action or successfull progress without having to pour through forums, help, trial and error to simply make a sword or get a pair of shoes.

Comments

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

You 've just gaved a very complete description of MO. Each time i m going back after some considerable good times i m getting with my guildies, which all decided to leave MO btw, i cant feel anything less than frustrated for all the things that you nentioned and are ingame for ever and angry for the company that runs the project and milks money from customers by selling imaginary future plans around a game that they miserably fail to deliver for more than 2 years that i m watching/ supporting MO on and off.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

The only reason this game has not folded yet, is that MMOs cost next to nothing to run after launch, and "daddy" has deep pockets to keep the company going while never turning a cent of profit.

I do not expect this game or company to last the year.

• ArthegonArthegon Member Posts: 6

Yes naked people do exist. They do have an option to put some clothes on, this game doesnt force them to though.

What do you mean?  How do you measure the level of "social interaction" in this game say vs EVE Online? :)   Its all about what you choose to do (again in MO you have the choice to decide)

-too much empty space

I am shocked (again). ;)  How did you come to the conclusion?  This game is definitely one of the better games for exploring (on horseback, preferably I admit) 

-horrible interface

UI needs some work yes. ("Awakening" is around the corner)

You are put into a world and learn to do things. You choose how.. one would be by... (guess!) social interaction, joining guilds , talking to other people, trying stuff out, there is LOADS of possibilities especially in crafting, which very few other games can measure up to.

Check the date of the posts then. 

O.M.G.  (As compared to what game, please ?)

If you mean letting the outcome be influenced by real player skill rather than auto-targetting cursor, then definitely yes!! (and thank you Star Vault for that!) :)

-ugly animations

Well, they could be better indeed.

Thats a personal opinion  rather than fact, and I understand you feel that way when you have missed the other points you mentioned above. 

>-Im sure its entertaining for some people, especially veterans, but I just felt the lack of instant fun makes its difficult to stay >interested. I dont mean themepark fun, but either action or successfull progress without having to pour through forums, >help, trial and error to simply make a sword or get a pair of shoes.

Im not a veteran (in MO anyway), but had enough "social interaction" with others to be able to tell that you are wrong. What  IS very true is that MO is quite difficult for a lonely beginner to get into, especially if you have never had prior experience with the Ultima Online genre of PvP MMOs..   if you are used to being held by your hand and guided thru the whole thing then this is NOT a game for you.  Its a dangerous world outside of starter cities, full of dangers but also full of rewards.  There is many ways to get started, some better than others.  Its also full-loot PvP, so dont enter if you cant look out for yourself.

Personally, I love it. 

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Arthegon

Im not a veteran (in MO anyway), but had enough "social interaction" with others to be able to tell that you are wrong. What  IS very true is that MO is quite difficult for a lonely beginner to get into, especially if you have never had prior experience with the Ultima Online genre of PvP MMOs..   if you are used to being held by your hand and guided thru the whole thing then this is NOT a game for you.  Its a dangerous world outside of starter cities, full of dangers but also full of rewards.  There is many ways to get started, some better than others.  Its also full-loot PvP, so dont enter if you cant look out for yourself.

Personally, I love it. 

I think you've made some excellent points, and the final thought quoted above really mirrors my own sentiment.

In a space dominated by one type of game, MO provides a very different type of play experience.  The combination of features is really what I was looking for, although there is still room for improvement.

Nice post.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• MordragMOMordragMO Member Posts: 136

Ok let's play the old "youngling appears out of nowhere and posts nothing but HAIL SV all over the board"-game.

Yes naked people do exist. They do have an option to put some clothes on, this game doesnt force them to though.

Hardly any game forces you to put clothes on. I can only think of one, actually. Most have enough content to encourage you to, though.

What do you mean?  How do you measure the level of "social interaction" in this game say vs EVE Online? :)   Its all about what you choose to do (again in MO you have the choice to decide)

Hard to measure indeed. I would start by measuring the number of existing social tools and estimate the frequency of their use as well as their sphere of influence on the game world. Well, in MO you can hit someone and there's a trade window. And there are guilds. And there's territory control but it's so crap that it made half the game leave. I can't think of more.

In Eve you have dozens of well-known standard professions and even more for the creative mind. All of them influence each other, alliance wars influence market prices, market prices influence alliance wars, there's properly working territory control with a purpose, corps, custom channels, meaningful loot, ninja salvaging someone else's mission. It's almost impossible for a noob to try and leave Eve without leaving at least a small mark on the universe, by selling the minerals that he mined or by buying a gun for his noob mission. In MO you buy from and sell to a vendor.

In Eve, corps, alliances and the market are well thought-out. Member lists, permissions, container logs, offices, standings, market diagrams, I used to say the UI of those parts was clunky and imperfect but it's heavenly compared to MO where guild invitations didn't even work for several months when I played. I'm a 13 days old character in Eve atm. I trade with 2003 chars and it's the normallest thing in the universe.

I played MO for almost 2 months. It's errrrrr... actually I don't relate any kind of emotion to Mortal anymore. It's just empty and boring.

Everything you do in Eve causes something else to happen, it's always a basis for more. That's simply not the case in MO.

-too much empty space

I am shocked (again). ;)  How did you come to the conclusion?  This game is definitely one of the better games for exploring (on horseback, preferably I admit) 

Exploring what? cs_assault had more fine details than the MO-world as a whole. Why would you send anyone around "exploring" MO? Don't you know he'll actually quit as soon as he finds out how empty the world exactly is? I did that.

-horrible interface

UI needs some work yes. ("Awakening" is around the corner)

It's shit. I could probably do it better in a matter of hours and I haven't programmed for years.. And Awakening is in my ass getting its last fine tune.

You are put into a world and learn to do things. You choose how.. one would be by... (guess!) social interaction, joining guilds , talking to other people, trying stuff out, there is LOADS of possibilities especially in crafting, which very few other games can measure up to.

What possibilities? Why don't you name any? Joining guilds, talking to people and social interaction is basically the same in MO. What are the other LOADS of possibilities?

Check the date of the posts then. 

And that makes them up-to-date and less suspicious? Found a mouse in the cockpit, cat installed, eh?

O.M.G.  (As compared to what game, please ?)

Compared to any other game, I suppose.

If you mean letting the outcome be influenced by real player skill rather than auto-targetting cursor, then definitely yes!! (and thank you Star Vault for that!) :)

Player skill? Two things in MO influence the outcome of a battle: Numbers and hacks. One way or another, you always end up PKing someone who can't fight back. There are no real fights in MO, just PKing. I've NEVER seen a real fight in MO. One guy runs, the other guy chases him to kill.

I've killed some people in MO. There was never any skill involved.

-ugly animations

Well, they could be better indeed.

Thats a personal opinion  rather than fact, and I understand you feel that way when you have missed the other points you mentioned above. 

>-Im sure its entertaining for some people, especially veterans, but I just felt the lack of instant fun makes its difficult to stay >interested. I dont mean themepark fun, but either action or successfull progress without having to pour through forums, >help, trial and error to simply make a sword or get a pair of shoes.

Im not a veteran (in MO anyway), but had enough "social interaction" with others to be able to tell that you are wrong. What  IS very true is that MO is quite difficult for a lonely beginner to get into, especially if you have never had prior experience with the Ultima Online genre of PvP MMOs..   if you are used to being held by your hand and guided thru the whole thing then

this is NOT a game for you

.  Its a dangerous world outside of starter cities, full of dangers but also full of rewards.  There is many ways to get started, some better than others.  Its also full-loot PvP, so dont enter if you cant look out for yourself.

Personally, I love it. 

LOL. That's all you have to say to a noob that says "your game didn't impress me for these reasons", "you are wrong"?

I only briefly overflew the last hype-paragraph and bolded the important part for noobs, anyway.

[mod edit]

I have played Eve for about 3 years in total and came back after a break. But it only takes a trial to check how little you know about Eve after all the time you supposedly spent in there.

No need to add anything after you blew your credibility up even more.

You couldn't answer the following questions though:

Exploring what?

What possibilities?

What player skill?

Surely that shouldn't be so hard to answer if there's lots to explore, lots of possibilities and lots of player skill involved?

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Dozens of proffessions in EVE?  Now you sound like you have played EVE for 2 months. :)  There is only 2:  you either an industrial character or a combat oriented char (not to say you cant be both, because you can ofcourse).  

That is not correct.  I have a character that basically does 2 things. . one is scouting out and exploring areas in space with probes that I use "hacking" etc. to get items from old relics etc.  The other is electronic jamming etc.

This discussion is not about EVE though is it?

I love / hate MO.

I love it because I do feel it is immersive and hate it due to all of the flaws.  If they fix the major issues I will be back in a heart beat.  The characters are butt ugly and seeing them run around naked is not helpful.  Nothing wrong with nudity. . just ugly nudity in a game I am trying to enjoy.

I hope Awakening brings all the things you claim but they have been coming soon since beta and have not arrived yet for the most part.  The Epic patch did fix some graphics performance issues.  I have not played MO since trying the game out after that patch.  When I go back to try it after Awakening it will be just like I am a newb then.  I truly hope I fall in love with the game again.  We will see I guess once they release it.  I will wait about 2-3 weeks after they release it for them to sort out the bugs and then I will let you know what I think.

Unfortunately I think the best time for this game was just near the end of closed beta.  That was when I seemed to enjoy it the most anyway.

Actually the worste part about the game - and what threw me off the most was all the promises of "comming soon" that never happened.  Over promising and under delivering is one of the worste things you can do to keep customers loyal.  People coming to these forums telling people the game does not have issues just makes the end result worse. . unless SV is just looking to get enough box sales each month to keep them going.  Anyone who is "tricked" into buying the game with promises of fixes will just end up on this forum in a year warning people to stay away.  This is not what SV should be aiming for.  If they actually deliver with "Awakening", which has not happened yet then I will be happy to post positive responses to every negative post in this forum - and I honestly hope that this happens - I just don't expect it.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

What I mean is I have a character which is expert at probing, but is also an expert Amarr pilot (command, covertops, recons, h.assault etc etc, caldari EW expert etc etc, )  and with enough time none of these skills exclude any other skills. So he is in theory master of all trades (obviously never at the same time, as its the actual ship you are sitting in that decides your role). 

Trade-offs are in choosing the ship you fly for any given "mission", and not your character as such. (assuming you have a character skilled up).   This is a very nice feature of EVE, but hard to do with UO types of games. DF has no cap, and so everyone is a hybrid in the end and nothing really matters but who played longest.

MO obviously, has a skillpoint cap and you just cannot play ANY role right which follows more the conservative UO system.

As for MO, I am also looking forward to Awakening and the many bugfixes promised.  I went to this game after having done some research, so I dont expected a polished gamed like EVE.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Dozens of proffessions in EVE?  Now you sound like you have played EVE for 2 months. :)  There is only 2:  you either an industrial character or a combat oriented char (not to say you cant be both, because you can ofcourse).  

That is not correct.  I have a character that basically does 2 things. . one is scouting out and exploring areas in space with probes that I use "hacking" etc. to get items from old relics etc.  The other is electronic jamming etc.

This discussion is not about EVE though is it?

I love / hate MO.

I love it because I do feel it is immersive and hate it due to all of the flaws.  If they fix the major issues I will be back in a heart beat.  The characters are butt ugly and seeing them run around naked is not helpful.  Nothing wrong with nudity. . just ugly nudity in a game I am trying to enjoy.

I hope Awakening brings all the things you claim but they have been coming soon since beta and have not arrived yet for the most part.  The Epic patch did fix some graphics performance issues.  I have not played MO since trying the game out after that patch.  When I go back to try it after Awakening it will be just like I am a newb then.  I truly hope I fall in love with the game again.  We will see I guess once they release it.  I will wait about 2-3 weeks after they release it for them to sort out the bugs and then I will let you know what I think.

Unfortunately I think the best time for this game was just near the end of closed beta.  That was when I seemed to enjoy it the most anyway.

Actually the worste part about the game - and what threw me off the most was all the promises of "comming soon" that never happened.  Over promising and under delivering is one of the worste things you can do to keep customers loyal.  People coming to these forums telling people the game does not have issues just makes the end result worse. . unless SV is just looking to get enough box sales each month to keep them going.  Anyone who is "tricked" into buying the game with promises of fixes will just end up on this forum in a year warning people to stay away.  This is not what SV should be aiming for.  If they actually deliver with "Awakening", which has not happened yet then I will be happy to post positive responses to every negative post in this forum - and I honestly hope that this happens - I just don't expect it.

This is a good post, especially the highlighted parts. I think a lot of the "hatred" against MO comes from the fact that many people feel scammed, fooled and tricked by SV, and by Henrik in particular.

If the devs had kept their mouths shut about how awesome, unique and revolutionary MO is going to be one day, and just focused on developing the game instead, more ex-players would have "moved on" and just stopped caring after unsubing. As it is now, one can not help being pissed just thinking about all the lies and empty hype (and outright scamming) coming from SV. You can only overhype and underdeliver, i.e. treat your playerbase like idiots, so many times before people start taking it personally.

[mod edit]

It surprises me no end that a 3 year old vet,  thinks that the races and professions you choose when starting a new char in EVE actually mean anything for what you do in the long run (not that it is a bad thing at all, works very well for  EVE anyway).  I am also surprised by the fact I actually bothered to answer your post at all. 

Thank you for your input, I will base the choice of my next game on your opinion for sure. :)

• wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193

Hilarious. The fan-bois are talking about them liking the game, and the haters how much they hate it. The funniest part is that the fan-bois are actually playing, and defending something the currently play and like when the haters dont even play the game. I admire all the haters that spends their days in here (and other forums ofc) just trash talking the game (blatent lying in some cases) - you have to have some good amount of free time in your lives! =) 

For me, if I do not like a game, how much could I care about it? I dont, and I move along. At least my spare time is worth more that trolling/flaming forums. But what do I know, some people might have no friends but the Intenetz.... Your loss!

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319

Originally posted by Biskop

Originally posted by wmada2k

Hilarious. The fan-bois are talking about them liking the game, and the haters how much they hate it. The funniest part is that the fan-bois are actually playing, and defending something the currently play and like when the haters dont even play the game. I admire all the haters that spends their days in here (and other forums ofc) just trash talking the game (blatent lying in some cases) - you have to have some good amount of free time in your lives! =) 

For me, if I do not like a game, how much could I care about it? I dont, and I move along. At least my spare time is worth more that trolling/flaming forums. But what do I know, some people might have no friends but the Intenetz.... Your loss!

[mod edit]

Well he does have a point though. With people that like MO and defend the game, actually plays the game, and the "haters" don´t play the game, they only play the "hate-SV"-game on forums.

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

Originally posted by Norpan

[mod edit]

Well he does have a point though. With people that like MO and defend the game, actually plays the game, and the "haters" don´t play the game, they only play the "hate-SV"-game on forums.

It seems like it's like that for most games on this site. I tell you what though, the MO haters are a lot more dedicated than some of the haters for more popular games.This forum is much more active than say, the Rift forum. In MO, even the haters are hardcore!

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

+1

• amadmanamadman Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by ltank

In MO, even the haters are hardcore!

Good one! I literally lol'ed!!

Now how do you add a sig in these forums.

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Perhaps because forum PvP is much more fun than playing MO?

Also, some MO fans are extremely active here (yourself included), so I wouldn't stretch the forum warrior analogy too far. Despite all the claims of not caring about the "haters" and their "hate", some people here spend a considerable amount of time arguing with them.

One would almost think you actually enjoyed it a wee bit... : )

Also, some MO fans are extremely active here (yourself included), so I wouldn't stretch the forum warrior analogy too far. Despite all the claims of not caring about the "haters" and their "hate", some people here spend a considerable amount of time arguing with them.

I don´t write here nearly as much as the average hater. I actually write in other game forums as well. I´m not a MO-player only. I like the game for what it offers me compared to other MMOs. It´s a unique experience. Some like it, like me, some don´t, like you. But I can only compare to myself, and if I don´t like a game. I move on. I don´t linger around that games different forums and talk shit about it. I would probably express how crappy it was, and move on. Never stay. If I like a game on the other hand, it´s natural to visit that games forum. I´m way more active in the actuall MO forum then here. I visit MMORPG mostly to check out other MMOs, but always check in here to read what´s been said as well. But I´ve grown tired of writing here as well.

But if forum-PVPing is the most fun you can get then playing ANY other "real" game than I feel sad for you. I really do.

I don´t write here nearly as much as the average hater. I actually write in other game forums as well. I´m not a MO-player only. I like the game for what it offers me compared to other MMOs. It´s a unique experience. Some like it, like me, some don´t, like you. But I can only compare to myself, and if I don´t like a game. I move on. I don´t linger around that games different forums and talk shit about it. I would probably express how crappy it was, and move on. Never stay. If I like a game on the other hand, it´s natural to visit that games forum. I´m way more active in the actuall MO forum then here. I visit MMORPG mostly to check out other MMOs, but always check in here to read what´s been said as well. But I´ve grown tired of writing here as well.

But if forum-PVPing is the most fun you can get then playing ANY other "real" game than I feel sad for you. I really do.

You write a lot but you don't really say anything..

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150

When watching a freight train, filled with pickpockets and underwear thieves, roll off the track and veer towards a big pile of steaming horse shit, we do not need to be a paid passenger with a ticket to comment on why no one should have boarded this train, son.

Stick to the point though, this thread is about a player who tried the trial and wasnt happy about the game and came here to post his thoughts. What do you hope to achieve by rambling on about why people post about games on a game forum? Be like that other guy and post your own rose tinted views to discredit the OP while not countering any valid points made by him like a rational person (and throwing in the vague 'you arent hardcore enough for this game, go back to wow' type comment), instead of derailing this thread like the derailed train which is MO. Besides if you hate the game, then why would you play the game or more importantly PAY these fools at SV for their game? Logic failing much? Thousands of people bought this game, played this game and hate this game enough not to play it anymore and want to let others know why this company sucks, god forbid they should post their views if they arent willing to get scammed by SV month after month. 

And seems like those over the top personal attacks instigated by Arthegon havent been moderated even though I see other non-fanboy posts getting the mod tag treatment. Im going to report his posts just in case you oversaw that DLangley, lets see if moderation can be doled out here without bias, yea?

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

To the OP, i understand exactly what your saying, MO certainly isnt for you if bugs and a clumsy ui are enoguh to put you off playing a game. MO has both and nobody can really argue otherwise. Everyone is different and games are made to appeal to certain people. Prehaps once MO has spent more time existing and with more fixes and improvements returning to the game might pursuade you otherwise. However MO is MO and its main core principles direction and combat mechanics are what makes it a game currently being played by its fans. Theres no other game really like MO and the players who enjoy it for what it is do not want those aspects of the game changed, improved yes but not changed.

Im not saying sandbox mmos arent for you, but MO certainly doesnt seem like the game for you if its whole combat system is enough to keep you from palying the game.

rainbringers comparison is way off imo, nobody would want a ride on a freight train full of pickpockets and underwear thieves that is going to crash, yet there are people playing and enjoying MO for what it is, even if MO does come TO a  prEmature close, those gamers will of enjoyed the time they spent with it and likely will miss the game once its gone. Currently i do not play MO i have no active subscription yet at the same time i do miss the game, there really isnt any other MMORPG i can get excited about or that can hold my interest currently available. Prehaps gamers however would like a virtual ride upon a freight train full of underwear thieves that is about to crash since afterall the whole point of games is that they allow you to live a life or experience you wouldnt find in you real lives without risk or fear of death.

Many people forget the beginings of EVE, during its first year there were dupe issues, exploits nodes gonig down which could spell a full week of not being able to log in, no kind of a tutorial as EVE was famous for having one of the steepest learning curves of any mmo, yet looking at it today the games tutorial is so well made anyone can learn how to play the game its a solid well developed mmo and the communtiy has forgotten its beginings. Just as bad apsects of MO's first few years will be forgotten if the game ever reaches a more stable and polished state, Looking at the list of features planned for the april expansion it is moving in the right direction. But MO released years to early due to financial issues were as eve released a year to early. MO has some serious catching up to do and plays and feels like a beta. A few of th hatebois upon this forum have described the game akin to a MOD. but the turth is MOD's are overtaking modern games, i used to play warband and invested 450 hours into its deathmatch and team deathmatch modes but was forced out of the game by its communtiy due to mods. Players dont want to play the game anymore they want to play MODs because mods bring innovation and imagination often lacking in most commercial games and as far as ambition imagination and innovation goes MO is right up there with the best.

Best regards.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by MordragMO

You write a lot but you don't really say anything..

Thank God for meaningfull posts like yours then...

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Hey guys, lets not directly or indirectly attack another user. Stay on topic and stay civil. Thanks!

• CroniteLoreCroniteLore Member Posts: 99

Personal attacks on this board?  You don't say!!

Personally I like the full nudity (who else has the -visible- balls to do something like this)?

I do wish they'd make everyone a bit better looking tho - given the full nudity I just don't understand why they went with models that frankly (when naked) make me feel like I'm biting into a lemon!

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

Yeah I agree they need to need to upgrade the player models but after they fix some bugs and come out with the expansion.

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150

Originally posted by deathshroud

rainbringers comparison is way off imo, nobody would want a ride on a freight train full of pickpockets and underwear thieves that is going to crash, yet there are people 

How is my comparison off, leave alone WAY off?

MO hasnt made a cent of profit from launch, from a investor's point of view: a traincrash.

MO hasnt lived up to a single promise of being a sandbox, from a gamer's point of view: a trainwreck.

Most of MO's GMs are some of the biggest shmucks that moderate a game with less skill than the average 5 year old tantrum kid, from a community's point of view: a disaster.

There are a lot of promises thrown around in the air, that this awakening patch is going to bring, but we (yea fanboys included) have heard that statement for almost a good 2 years now. Epic patch, Epic patch II, Dawn patch, TC patch, whatever other saviour patch...what are the results of those? MO is still a PvP deathmatch game with crafting thrown in to help make better your PvP experience. So please, call this not a sandbox and dont harp on about awakening, IF AND WHEN it comes we shall see but for now awakening is just like all those other patches that have preceeded it: empty promises of being revolutionary. And for a game that sold around 20,000 boxes at launch to have less than 2,000 players (being Very generous with the 2k value here) right now says a lot more than words, be it a fanboy's or a non-fanboy's. This game is struggling and whatever it has in its future, it will never be an EvE's tale. For all the problems EvE had at at its early days, it did NOT have a fool for a CEO or short-sighted GMs/mods like discord, black opal, tawlin-sindas and that other guy Maerin or something who effectively took great steps to kill the game's already endangered playerbase. Oh and CCP dint steal from its customers either, again and again and again.

This train  called MO derailed right at its inception, when untalented game makers (underwear model included) thought they could make a AAA priced game without having any prior experience or real talent. The result of which is what you see the OP here suffers, a game that 99% people, mostly sandbox lovers, dont like to play. To that 1% whom you give a lot of credit for enjoying the train till it finally crashlands into a pile, I say just this: If you guys had let it crash years ago without paying for it with multiple accounts, then some developer might have bought out MO / made a real game like what MO was supposed to be like and these fools at SV would have been put out of their misery ages back while everyone had a decent sandbox MMO to play in. [mod edit]