Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Druid Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Turbine has released new information about the Druid class that will at long last be making its way into Dungeons & Dragons Online. Druids are experts with staves, daggers, clubs, sickles, can fulfill numerous roles in a group and can shapeshift as well.

Druids will launch into the game when the DDO expansion, Menace of the Underdark, deploys.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

Nice. Druids are versatile class who can easily adapt to any kind of situation and be great for solo or group. This can be a great benefit for D&D Online and especially with introduction of Forgotten Realms setting which was more appropriate then Eberron to start with. FR has more deep lore and story,more diverse background, that real fell of old scholl D&D. Well, its better ever then never.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Originally posted by Nimar

Nice. Druids are versatile class who can easily adapt to any kind of situation and be great for solo or group. This can be a great benefit for D&D Online and especially with introduction of Forgotten Realms setting which was more appropriate then Eberron to start with. FR has more deep lore and story,more diverse background, that real fell of old scholl D&D. Well, its better ever then never.

How much they paying you?!?!?!

I'm mostly kidding but anyone who reads what you wrote would likely think paid AD =)

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

Originally posted by Painlezz

Originally posted by Nimar

How much they paying you?!?!?!

I'm mostly kidding but anyone who reads what you wrote would likely think paid AD =)

Cant tell, it would be a breach of contract.  image

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

Ummm that is not revealed... that is more of confimation?  I dunno, revealed leaves me thinking you will be having some information more than a sentence long about  the druid... like the spells it will have, different shapes, can he charm animals on the fly, etc.

Your play on words is innaccurate. Dissappointed I am/

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Originally posted by WolfClaws

Ummm that is not revealed... that is more of confimation?  I dunno, revealed leaves me thinking you will be having some information more than a sentence long about  the druid... like the spells it will have, different shapes, can he charm animals on the fly, etc.

Your play on words is innaccurate. Dissappointed I am/

"Turbine has released new information about the Druid class that will at long last be making its way into Dungeons & Dragons Online. Druids are experts with staves, daggers, clubs, sickles, can fulfill numerous roles in a group and can shapeshift as well.

Druids will launch into the game when the DDO expansion, Menace of the Underdark, deploys."

A brief overview and when it will be released. That's all people ever get from a revealing of a new class. Closer to release, you'll get the information you want.

Or look at the website: http://underdark.ddo.com/druid

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

glad to see they finally added it

Turbine hinted at adding Druids 6 years ago heh  (in 2006)

David: "I see DDO reaching Level 20 at the end of 2007 or early 2008. It is my private goal for next year to introduce two new classes [editor's note: he confirmed they would be druid and monk], and then start planning ahead for epic levels and prestige classes in the second half of the year."

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

What is revealed? the screenshot? Some details or a direct link would be appreciated. Not just a pic and a link to the main site.

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

Originally posted by Czanrei

What is revealed? the screenshot? Some details or a direct link would be appreciated. Not just a pic and a link to the main site.

This is what I am referring to.. there really isn't anything revealed.  It was announced a LONG time ago that druid would be in the underdark expansion.

• CracMonkiCracMonki Member UncommonPosts: 27

Hey, i feel that this is a reveal. Because i did not know that DDO was gonna add a druid. So basicly this information was revealed to me when i seen it.

So thanks for revealing this information to me.

[mod edit]

Awwww, although i was edited, i feel my point has been taken.

[poster edit]

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

I was waiting like 8 years for it, maybe its time to check this game out again.. or maybe we sould wait for D3,SW,GW2 ect. and let the forgotten realmy be forgotten...

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

Very happy to see this. This is still my favorite online game.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

this might actually cause me to invest some cash in to this game, i have been waiting for the druid since pretty much the day they reveald that druids was not going to be in the game at the start.

This have been a good conversation

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Druids are a very nice addition. Now I'll hold my breath for them to add psionics to the game.

I know, I'll be here a while.... :)

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739

Do people still play DDO??....Since its initial boon when it went f2p I really haven't heard much about it.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

The link to the actual reveal with a video is here:

http://underdark.ddo.com/druid

It's still very underwhelming at the moment though.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • mawgrenmawgren Member Posts: 24

Yeah not so much a reveal as this info has been floating around for a while but still good to see.

• BloodyVikingBloodyViking Member UncommonPosts: 132

DDO just keeps getting better IMO. I like fast action-paced games and DDO for sure is one. Sure, you can sit back and make your 6-man party with a tank and healer and whatnot...but you can also go solo and charge your way through quests just to challenge yourself on elite difficulty.

Although the world isnt a true MMO like I love it,  it still works good enough to enjoy playing.

I think the "revealed info" in this article is mostly the shapeshift-animation which I thought looked good. How the class will work overall in DDO I dont have the faintest clue about :-) But I DO know I have a lvl 20 character ready to TR into Druid class on June 25th.

DDO is one of those games I have kept coming back to everytime I have hit a dry-spell with MMO's in general. After the failiure of SWTOR to keep any interest I just jumped right back to DDO and I'm having a blast for sure.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

this sounds great actually, artificer and druid might become like the warden/runekeeper of  LOTRO they might have an imbalance on their hands.