Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things i hope they are adding to the store.

itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I have yet to see a full comprehensive list of the items they will be adding so i can only speculate on what they might be adding. I do however hope they add some much needed improvements to gameplay via the store that I have found very helpful in the past in other titles.

1. shared bank 

2. shared wardrobe storage

3. bank/AH/mailbox access from anywhere, even with a small cooldown like 4 hours

Avoiding the features already listed here what types of items would people like to see in the store?

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by RizelStar

[Mod Edit]

By cosmetic skills do you mean the ability to craft cosmetic only items in game?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by itgrowls

I have yet to see a full comprehensive list of the items they will be adding so i can only speculate on what they might be adding. I do however hope they add some much needed improvements to gameplay via the store that I have found very helpful in the past in other titles.

1. shared bank 

3. bank/AH/mailbox access from anywhere, even with a small cooldown like 4 hours

Avoiding the features already listed here what types of items would people like to see in the store?

Those should be available by default...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

[Mod Edit]

By cosmetic skills do you mean the ability to craft cosmetic only items in game?

cosmetic skills could also be emotes....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286

Sexy underwear =3

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

I'd like to see and would buy:

• Cosmetic pets (minipets)

• Special town clothing

• Special emotes

• Fun items / skills - think of items you'd usually collect from loot cards in the WoW or EQ TCG.  Things like placing down a picnic, transforming your character into something, fireworks, etc.

• Custom underwear as mentioned already for when your armor breaks.

• Extra character slots (yes, I know they'll be in the cash shop)

• Stones that transfer stats from gear to another set.

• Guild hall furniture

• Authenticators

• Expansions and other DLC content

Things I don't want to see:

• Practical use skills available only in the item shop

• Mounts

• Instant "downed" recovery items and other items that effect gameplay.

• Glory, karma, and influence potions and boosts.

• Gear with stats

• Skill points

Things I could care less about:

• EXP potions (who cares if someone levels faster?  Levels aren't that important in GW2)

• Bank space

• Convenience banking

• Appearance changes / haircuts / gender swapping / redo character creation

• Server transfers

• Extra storage space

• Real aesthetic items (like the Charr Plush)

• JojinJojin Member UncommonPosts: 120

1. shared bank 

Esh, try learning about what the game has before coming up with wish lists.

The Mail system is accessed from anywhere already.

Bank access from anywhere is already an option, shown by the items in the DDE and Collectors.

There isn't an AH, they have a different option they are using wich they call the Trade Post.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

The only gamebreking thing for me, will be if they sell content. They will lose me at the momment they start selling DLCs.

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

OP, do you work for your own cash or do you get it from your parents? Serious question, because everytime I see people volunteering crap to be in cash shop, despite paying $60 on the game it puzzles me. If I didn't pay a cent to play the game, then I wouldn't complain about any crap they decide to put in the shop except buy to win. Because, this is not a F2P game, you pay $60 up front to access it.

The community should be posting about things I hope that are in the game and not taken out of the game to be placed in the cash shop.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Originally posted by Jojin

Yeah, I also think replacing that carrier pigeon that goes out when you deliver mail would be a great cash shop item.  I want a little dragon whelpling delivering my mail!

Bank access from anywhere is already an option, shown by the items in the DDE and Collectors.

Which is 5 days only and limited to the DDE and Collector's.  We don't know for a fact if this will or will not be in the cash shop and what how long the options will last.

There isn't an AH, they have a different option they are using wich they call the Trade Post.

And it works exactly like a traditional auction house (with added features like viewing market trends and such), so who cares what you call it.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Considering every gem that enters the game is payed for by someone with real money, I see the potential of selling entire expansion packs for gems.

I really like the idea that a player could buy an expansion pack (indirectly) with gold. There would be no drawback for ArenaNet at all. The gems you use to buy the pack were bought for the price of the expansion pack. It's as though someone else payed for your expansion pack in exchange for gold.

This is a strong possibility, and I'd really like to see it happen.

Of course, the traditional way to buy an expansion pack would still exist.

Originally posted by mazut
    The only gamebreking thing for me, will be if they sell content. They will lose me at the momment they start selling DLCs.

Outside of full expansion packs, I agree that selling small content packs (such as dungeons) would be problematic as it could break apart the playerbase. Bonus missions for your personal story, however, wouldn't be so bad, as though are "single player" anyway.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

[Mod Edit]

I dont know what was snipped but I can only assume Rizel was speaking of the elite skill that you get from prepurchase, its a skill that is probably not as good as other elites but it looks cool. Like the racials.

Originally posted by Magnum2103

I'd like to see and would buy:

• Cosmetic pets (minipets)

• Special town clothing

• Special emotes

• Fun items / skills - think of items you'd usually collect from loot cards in the WoW or EQ TCG.  Things like placing down a picnic, transforming your character into something, fireworks, etc.

• Custom underwear as mentioned already for when your armor breaks.

• Extra character slots (yes, I know they'll be in the cash shop)

• Stones that transfer stats from gear to another set.

• Guild hall furniture

• Authenticators

• Expansions and other DLC content

Things I don't want to see:

• Practical use skills available only in the item shop

• Mounts

• Instant "downed" recovery items and other items that effect gameplay.

• Glory, karma, and influence potions and boosts.

• Gear with stats

• Skill points

Things I could care less about:

• EXP potions (who cares if someone levels faster?  Levels aren't that important in GW2)

• Bank space

• Convenience banking

• Appearance changes / haircuts / gender swapping / redo character creation

• Server transfers

• Extra storage space

• Real aesthetic items (like the Charr Plush)

get out of my head! ty for making my list for me! Except I do care about the storage space as I am a packrat.

1. shared bank 

apparently u can't read so i won't argue with you, i already listed that i didn't know every feature right here in the post. I will however point out that i didn't know that bank access was from everywhere and that when i copied and pasted from my own list of items i'd like to see in every game i forgot to remove the mail. How about you direct that anger towards someone who's actually trying to make the game look bad. yeah there's a thought.

Originally posted by mazut

the point of their most recent post on the microtransactions is that this won't happen, they do plan on selling expansions this way however this isn't EA and they aren't forcing you to pay to play the content. It's optional unlike the newest EA game as i understand it.

errr what? AH and trading post are the same thing.. of course they have an AH and it is combined with all servers(actually I am unclear if its by region or worldwide.. my guess would be region).

Originally posted by Betakodo

OP, do you work for your own cash or do you get it from your parents? Serious question, because everytime I see people volunteering crap to be in cash shop, despite paying $60 on the game it puzzles me. If I didn't pay a cent to play the game, then I wouldn't complain about any crap they decide to put in the shop except buy to win. Because, this is not a F2P game, you pay $60 up front to access it.

The community should be posting about things I hope that are in the game and not taken out of the game to be placed in the cash shop.

well the things i listed were things i didn't know were already there and would like to see, either in shop or not doesn't really matter to me as long as they have it as an option. I work for my own btw thanks and am not about gouging people but it seems to me that Anet has a good team of thinkers on their hands who know the difference between screwing their players and making the game fair and affordable otherwise i wouldn't be interested in the slightest.

• I like visual stuff that don't have stat boosts. Only a little speed extra on mounts.

- Mounts (i dont wanna travel fast, I wanna run on a beast exploring the world)

- Alternate shapeshift looks for Norn race.

- Town clothes.

- Weapon skins, just to look better :)

- Ofcourse the extra slots etc are also nice, but thats already there i guess

Originally posted by Zacs

Would love them too! I hope they come up with some soon after launch :)

• Originally posted by itgrowls

Originally posted by Zacs

Would love them too! I hope they come up with some soon after launch :)

Eventually they will add them, they kinda said that. Just not at release.

Ofcourse a Char on a mount is weird, but since they are the technical steampunk dudes they should ride some sort of steampunk mount.

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

Just pointing out that shared banks (i'm assuming you mean a common bank across all characters) will certainly be a standard, they were in GW1.