Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Additional content

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

From the Blog :  "but we think we can provide additional content and services that you’d be happy to pay for."

Will there be additional content in the form of Adventure packs, dungeons, new PvE zones and such?

He also says : "You get a complete and playable game no matter what"

If there is extra content released in one of these forms, will i stull have a complete playable game?

I think they should give some examples of the types of additional content and account services they are planning to offer through the shop.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Costumes and skins count as additional content.

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

Same as Guild Wars 1.

Same as Champions Online.

Adventure/Mission packs will be added to the store, these will be self contained storylines from start to end, likely personal storyline-related and instanced. The only open world content will be added when they release a new campaign.

Considering that these mission-sets will be self contained, yes, you'll still be getting a complete game.

Think of Fallout: New Vegas and the DLC packs there, because that's a pretty great example that you might be familiar with.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

Selling content make it grinding for money to buy gems to buy content. If this happen, the whole ranting about "no grind" philosophy is crap. If they release it once per year it will e optional, but if its frequent, it make no sence to me. I hope they stick to expansions only.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Dream_Chaser

Same as Guild Wars 1.

Same as Champions Online.

Adventure/Mission packs will be added to the store, these will be self contained storylines from start to end, likely personal storyline-related and instanced. The only open world content will be added when they release a new campaign.

Considering that these mission-sets will be self contained, yes, you'll still be getting a complete game.

Think of Fallout: New Vegas and the DLC packs there, because that's a pretty great example that you might be familiar with.

I think i would love this....

Aslong as they'll keep adding open world content for free... and an expansion pacl atleast once a year.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

@mazut

They have never claimed 'no grind,' not ever. Show me where they have and I'll believe it. Until then? [citation needed]

Now let me tell you what they did say.

They said that grinding would be optional. I mean, you can buy a mission pack, or you can grind for it if you really want to do that. I find it both amazing and bizarre that they allow you to do that, since that would be like saying... Oh, if you play Fallout: New Vegas for 300 hours we'll give you a free DLC pack!

Usually buying is the only method. But you can optionally grind if you want. However, doing so is the choice of the player.

Actually having money means that I don't have to grind! I mean, again, look at DLC for games. In the past if you didn't have money, you'd have to go without. Cool new content for a game you like? Too bad. At least this way you have some way to unlock it if you have no money at all.

But if you're so destitute that you can't afford a mission pack then how did you afford Guild Wars 2 in the first place?

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

@mazut

They have never claimed 'no grind,' not ever. Show me where they have and I'll believe it. Until then? [citation needed]

They said that grinding would be optional. I mean, you can buy a mission pack, or you can grind for it if you really want to do that. I find it both amazing and bizarre that they allow you to do that, since that would be like saying... Oh, if you play Fallout: New Vegas for 300 hours we'll give you a free DLC pack!

Usually buying is the only method. But you can optionally grind if you want. However, doing so is the choice of the player.

Actually having money means that I don't have to grind! I mean, again, look at DLC for games. In the past if you didn't have money, you'd have to go without. Cool new content for a game you like? Too bad. At least this way you have some way to unlock it if you have no money at all.

But if you're so destitute that you can't afford a mission pack then how did you afford Guild Wars 2 in the first place?

How is grinding optional if you will need it to play the game? I understand the grind for titles/achievements, its different then grind to play. I gladly will pay for expnsions if the game is at least as good as GW, but I'm against small pieces of content, sold separately, no matter if they put the option to grind.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by mazut

@mazut

How is grinding optional if you will need it to play the game? I understand the grind for titles/achievements, its different then grind to play. I gladly will pay for expnsions if the game is at least as good as GW, but I'm against small pieces of content, sold separately, no matter if they put the option to grind.

Mazut, example of what this optional content is.. the GW1 bonus mission pack.. I bought it and never started one of the 4 questchains.. I never needed to and I finished every campaign, have all reps save luxon/kurzick maxed and have every elite, map, mission title.. my point is I never needed to spend that 10 bucks. I wasted the money because I thought I needed it but I didnt.. it in no way affected my gameplay.

Bottom line.. you do not NEED to do this content.. it is PURELY optional and you either do it or you dont.. depending on its value to you.