Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legacy 1.2 unveiled

13»

Comments

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

KoOriginally posted by RefMinor

Originally posted by DaRoamer

Originally posted by BilboDoggins

Originally posted by Paithan

Originally posted by Paithan

Legacy system is nothing but a "feature" which encourages alt grinding. There is NOTHING innovative about it at all. It doesnt add anything thats not already in the game and most of it is useless fluff or convienence tools.

Oh I get a mailbox in my ship?! Amazing!

A skill I can use every 20 minutes while soloing? So cool!

There is no character progression AT ALL provided by the legacy system. Bioware just wants you to play alts and do the exact same content you just did onbly do it 8 times. Hilarious thing is some people will swallow this shit sandwich and be convinced its a fine dining.

what a scam

If the legacy issue would add anything more then just fluff that would actually cause imballance issues. Its kinna like the achievement system on WoW it adds nothing for character progression, exept the legacy system is less about making monkeys dance then the WoW achievement system.

(Not really directed at you..) still dieing to hear how 1.2 is bending the lore.

Force choking Smugglers

Bounty Hunters using force lightning

Pureblood Sith Jedi's (lol)

That answer your question?

No. Not everyone who is senstive to the force becomes a jedi or sith, even though there isnt much said about it the stories in and out of Star wars. Even within the game itself there are who where removed from their training within the game.

Even though the race name suggests something it never was uncommon for a sith to become a jedi, the jedi order is known to accept persons regardless of species or origin.

Sounds to me like you are just making stuff up to rationalize destroying the canon.

Its supposed to take Jedi/Sith years of training to use simple powers but for some reason we have smugglers force choking and BH's spamming force lightning likes they are castinga  lvl 1 magic missle at the darkness.

You are basically just going, "Lol, well there isnt anything in the books (meaning, its not canon) but it could of been possible so lets just say it is hahha its kewler that way!"

I know right?  Could you image a smuggler who is also a bounty hunter but could use the force actually existing in Star Wars lore? Preposterous! Well, except for this guy. 

He trained as a Jedi.

In the game you start out as adult, they never gone into what kind of education nor training you had before. Create a Jedi, Id suggest to go consular, there even are 2 missions that end up with the students getting removed from their training. Which effectively means they wont become jedi, but it doesnt mean they lose their force sensitity nor does it mean they unlearn how to use it.

Infact Luke is a great excample of a force sensitive person who managed to use the force after only a few hours of training from Ben on the way to rescue, he managed to pick up some basic stuff before heading out to the Degobah system to seek training from the only known master left in the universe. And thats just the the movies, not even the books.

Infact Taris has Raghouls with minimal force training, making fairly effective use from it. Lets not forget the blood raider who was able to use the force, without training on Tython.

Or how about.. Korriban, as sith you start out as an untrained slave they captured somewhere along the lines and brought there because they are force sensitive.

Look at those 8 year old Younglings, they managed to use the force rather effectively with very limited training.

• DaRoamerDaRoamer Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by RefMinor

He trained as a Jedi.

And yet was a smuggler.  Does that mean he forgot all his Jedi training?

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

He trained as a Jedi.

Wich brings us back to the everyone's the one hero issue I have with MMO's, not everyone in an MMO should be a partially trained Jedi great grandson of Luke Skywalker.

He trained as a Jedi.

Wich brings us back to the everyone's the one hero issue I have with MMO's, not everyone in an MMO should be a partially trained Jedi great grandson of Luke Skywalker.

Its kinna common for mmo's for you to be the hero of your story. But on the grandfatrher thing, the whole jedi and sith order is full of nameless masters. If anything mmos never where liniar. But the everyone is the hero thing isnt a lore issue, thats more an mmorpg vs single player game issue.

• Cirn0Cirn0 Member Posts: 162

I love the "legacy in 1.3" part, its like the day 1 DLC shEAt (and some other companies) love so much. "We have it ready but you'll have to pay (continue sub) us to use it".

Watch till the end for some lulz.

p.s. they promised "big content patch" every month or so after release but decided to save some money (who cares about customers rly) and delay it for a few months, now that stuff with legacy in the next patch, whats next EA? I know you are greedy ***tards but being that chEAp, rly? =___=

IZI MODO?! Ha-ha-ha!

He trained as a Jedi.

This is a time period where Jedi were as common as plumbers, you don't have to be related to a hero of the galaxy to have force abilities.

Originally posted by Vesper11

I love the "legacy in 1.3" part, its like the day 1 DLC shEAt (and some other companies) love so much. "We have it ready but you'll have to pay (continue sub) us to use it".

p.s. they promised "big content patch" every month or so after release but decided to save some money (who cares about customers rly) and delay it for a few months, now that stuff with legacy in the next patch, whats next EA? I know you are greedy ***tards but being that chEAp, rly? =___=

You have a source for that?  I'm sure they never promised any such thing.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

He trained as a Jedi.

This is a time period where Jedi were as common as plumbers, you don't have to be related to a hero of the galaxy to have force abilities.

So everyone is a partial or fully trained Jedi/ Sith?

He trained as a Jedi.

Nope and when lets say a smuggler gets to use 1 or 2 force techniques they arent  trained to be one either, because 1) they chose to follow another path, or 2) wherent all that force sensitive in the first place.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Originally posted by Vesper11

You have a source for that?  I'm sure they never promised any such thing.

They never promised content patches every month, BUT the games been out 3 months today (dec 20th-mar 20th) and they have already released 1 content patch and another will be in 2-3 weeks.

The most i remember reading was a content patch every other month (6 a year).

He trained as a Jedi.

Nope, just the players who have a Jedi/Sith as part of their legacy.