Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Informative and balanced overview of gems

Comments

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Fair,

ALso people need to remember. WE ARE NOT PAYING 15 BUCKS A MONTH.

Thus spening a few bucks every now and then on gems is not a big deal. Being able to trade gems also means you dont NEED to spend real money on them if you dont want to.

I think this will be a neat system and i look forward to it.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    The balance is its both Pay2Win & Farm2Win or a gear grind at one step removed. Like EvE is.
  • PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Originally posted by WellzyC

Fair,

ALso people need to remember. WE ARE NOT PAYING 15 BUCKS A MONTH.

Thus spening a few bucks every now and then on gems is not a big deal. Being able to trade gems also means you dont NEED to spend real money on them if you dont want to.

I think this will be a neat system and i look forward to it.

your post is far too sane. please leave.

Originally posted by RefMinor

The balance is its both Pay2Win & Farm2Win or a gear grind at one step removed. Like EvE is.

there is no gear treadmill in GW2. it will not be p2w. a skilled player with a twig will be able to beat an unskilled player who has the best gear. that is evident from the beta vids. why does everyone think that it still has a gear grind? seriously. we're not in kansas anymore!

Originally posted by atticusbc

there is no gear treadmill in GW2. it will not be p2w. a skilled player with a twig will be able to beat an unskilled player who has the best gear. that is evident from the beta vids. why does everyone think that it still has a gear grind? seriously. we're not in kansas anymore!

The grind is for the gold to buy the gems to buy the gear, it was clear in my statement.
  • DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

The grind is for the gold to buy the gems to buy the gear, it was clear in my statement.

You don't need to buy any gear with gold if you don't want to.

you don't need the gear (like i said in my post), so you don't need to get gems, so you don't need to grind for gold.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

You can't buy good gear with gold. Jesus people are totally missing that there's a 3rd, unique currency for purchasing gear that is only gained through participating in DEs.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

you don't need the gear (like i said in my post), so you don't need to get gems, so you don't need to grind for gold.

So by your logic, someone wearing no gear at all, would be able to compete with someone fully geared up. Yeah. Sure.

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Originally posted by star

You can't buy good gear with gold. Jesus people are totally missing that there's a 3rd, unique currency for purchasing gear that is only gained through participating in DEs.

From http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karma - Try again. 

Karma Karma.png is a non-tradable reward received by participating in events and helping others with their personal storyline. It is primarily used to develop a character's personality. Karma can also be used to buy items from certain NPCs.

Almost everything which is attainable by using karma is also purchasable using coin.[1]

[edit]Acquisition

Karma can be obtained by:

• completing events.

• assisting another player with their personal story.

The amount of karma you currently have is indicated on the bottom left-hand side of the inventory window. Karma cannot be traded between players.

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Originally posted by stragen001

So by your logic, someone wearing no gear at all, would be able to compete with someone fully geared up. Yeah. Sure.

yes. if they're fighting a total moron, yes. gear provides stat boosts, not victory determining powers like all the gear grinders. GW2 is not about the gear. it's about the player. if this doesn't sit well with you, go elsewhere.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Why do some come up with the 'remember you are not paying a sub fee!' excuse? That is still no reason to start selling ingame currency (I specifically didn't write gold) in their cash shop.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Gems only work for cash shop items 

LMFAOOOOO!

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Originally posted by stragen001

Originally posted by star

From http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karma - Try again. 

Karma Karma.png is a non-tradable reward received by participating in events and helping others with their personal storyline. It is primarily used to develop a character's personality. Karma can also be used to buy items from certain NPCs.

Almost everything which is attainable by using karma is also purchasable using coin.[1]

[edit]Acquisition

Karma can be obtained by:

• completing events.

• assisting another player with their personal story.

The amount of karma you currently have is indicated on the bottom left-hand side of the inventory window. Karma cannot be traded between players.

Did you miss the word almost who here missed almost.

We also got tokens,glory,reward tokens some ish like that, and another thing I'm missing.

Also please guys look at all the mechanics of the game you'll realize you can't win spending money no matter what you do.

You also can't get all the good gear.

So anyone still wants to try and p2w in this game?

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Originally posted by RizelStar

LMFAOOOOO!

Yes, and the shop sells gear, not sure which bit of that is making you confused

LMFAOOOOO!

Here is the issue the shop sells cosmectic gear not stat gear, why are you confused into thinking we are confused, I'm trying to help but it is funny. My post above elaborates more, I just can't help but laugh.

I'm dead as when I say this if it was p2w I'd admit it, I'm not perfect, but if all signs pointed against p2w which they do, I'd see if the core mechanics worked the exact same as previous MMOs.

This is a concpet where unfortunately with this game you gotta once again look at the whole game in order to understand why it's not p2w and f2w.

If you expect such you [will] be dissappointed.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

well i dont have much choice

DAOC is dying

bioware completely ballsed up WAR when they took it over

TSW has become a carebears game

Planetside 2 also has a cash shop

Dominus is west coast servers only (no thanks from the UK)

If you "have" to spend cash, I will just put aside what I would normally spend on a sub for it.

What I would love though, and I hope ArenaNet are thinking about this.

Give me a sub option, where I pay a sub, I get 8 character slots, a supply of gems once a month and the DLC for free.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

LMFAOOOOO!

It doesn't sell any better gear though... just COSMETIC gear that looks different/ more fancy... they will not provide any stat bonuses, simliar to Guild Wars 1 I would assume, you also need to remember there are town clothes in GW2 along with normal armour.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

Originally posted by ShakyMo

well i dont have much choice

DAOC is dying

bioware completely ballsed up WAR when they took it over

TSW has become a carebears game

Planetside 2 also has a cash shop

Dominus is west coast servers only (no thanks from the UK)

If you "have" to spend cash, I will just put aside what I would normally spend on a sub for it.

What I would love though, and I hope ArenaNet are thinking about this.

Give me a sub option, where I pay a sub, I get 8 character slots, a supply of gems once a month and the DLC for free.

What is funny is that you dont "have" to.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
This discussion has been closed.