Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: CBT 4 Wrap Report

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

This is Game has a terrific write up of the fourth closed beta event for ArcheAge. The dev team has committed itself to over three months of closed beta testing in order to ensure that the most bug-free version of the game is released in its time.

Closed beta event #4 featured several key features that were not present in earlier versions: A new continent, a new race, three new regions, four 'seas', new monster and character animations and improvements to one of the existing races.

During CBT4, the dev team brought in new features and areas as well. For instance, the "footprint" system was deployed during CBT4. The footprint system is a way for robbed players to track thieves who leave a footprint as evidence of their action. The team also released the fortification and warfare systems, new quests and the auction house.

All of this is in preparation for CBT5 which will see improvements in the launch client and in player housing.

Read the full report at This is Game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    looks amazing. Big hope for this little gem.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I have nothing but good things to say about this game.

ArcheAge seems to be the game I've been looking for all these years. Here's hoping that whatever publisher they use is not EA.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

AA is the first Asian MMORPG I ever hyped.

I just can't wait for it.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

South Korea, 180° more Western than the West <3333

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Now that's how to do a proper beta, no NDA, confident.
  • PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

American MMO devs are so damn far behind Korean devs it is no longer funny. This is seriously depressing how perfect this game looks and the sheer amount of features. It makes Blizzard and Trion looks like junior devs. Even Bethesda looks like a junior sandbox dev compared to these guys.

• messier647messier647 Member Posts: 13

hmm Q4 release?

Originally posted by messier647

hmm Q4 release?

More like Q4 of 2013. Korean devs do not care about the American market.

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

hmm Q4 release?

Of what? Next year? Dont even know about that. Even with so much in the CBT4 there still missing what looks to be a ton of land mass,

(Lands still to be added in blue. Now this could be left for expansions but anything is possable)

http://beta.archeage.com/characters/e8b37aad-6a27-488f-8df0-51a6a8d3a1b1/maps

And there still 4 more races to test...

(See if you can spot them)

http://archeage-online.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/web_img_world.jpg

Lets us not forget that we still have no word on a western publisher. It seems that the MMO community has very high hopes for this one. We have been waiting for a game to come along and change to face of MMOs. This looks like it has the potential to be that game.

I will continue to follow this game and watch it as it develops. Only time will tell how this game will do. I got my fingers crossed.

Originally posted by kantseeme

Lets us not forget that we still have no word on a western publisher. It seems that the MMO community has very high hopes for this one. We have been waiting for a game to come along and change to face of MMOs. This looks like it has the potential to be that game.

I will continue to follow this game and watch it as it develops. Only time will tell how this game will do. I got my fingers crossed.

My guess is by the time this thing releases everyone will be talking about Titan and GW2 would have been out for 2+ years. This looks so far off it is not funny.

Originally posted by Puremallace

hmm Q4 release?

More like Q4 of 2013. Korean devs do not care about the American market.

This is untrue. Jake Song said it himself that they had the western maket in mind when they started making this game. Its more like the Korean devs would rather reliese a well put together game then reliese an broken piece of shit that will tank in 3 months. This game is very far out for us but id rather wait 6-12 extra months then be giving some broken game.

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269

Where is the USA publisher for this amazing game?

Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130

Originally posted by kantseeme

My guess is by the time this thing releases everyone will be talking about Titan and GW2 would have been out for 2+ years. This looks so far off it is not funny.

Game will be out in the US within 12 months. Released in Korea before the end of this year.

Anyone who has played the beta can tell you how far along it is. The land mass is purposely not in the game as they don't want the beta testers to expeirence the whole game before it releases. This game is farther along in development and testing of the client than GW2 is by almost a full year.

Also, IMO, they're doing the testing and implementation of features the way a game should. I wouldn't worry about a Western publisher. TERA took 6 months after a publisher to release in the US and they also had to develop for the West, where AA is already developed for the west.

Lastly, +1 for games that have a focus on the community. Other than a few niche sandbox games, all the recent and soon to be future MMO's have been missing the giant MASSIVE part of the multiplayer aspect. Can't wait for a game that focuses on the entire world and community rather than small battle ground areas.

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

There has been an item called the bomb of liquor barrel for fun, but it was deleted because some pirate users threw it to where the wedding ceremony was held and killed all users who were attended.

SOLD!!

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far from this game. It has so many awesome features. Especially the building options.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

My gut tells me this game is goingto be big. Maybe not initially, but something tells me it will grow slowly and steadily over time to finally give the sandboxers their wet dream.

Even without any info on Titan im goin on record as saying its goin to be more of the same thing we now see in games like WoW and Rift. Just another Theme Park gear grind fest filled with instance and battleground wait times. People afraid (lazy) to travel to said instance and mass queing from towns and cities.

As for GW2 the only reason ill even play that game is because its B2P. if it came with a sub you can count me right out of that one. AA is offereing an gaming experiance that non of these other games are offering and thats for me at least is the main selling point. There use to be a sayings that people used...

Good things come to those who wait...

Patiences is a virture....

Its worth the wait....

People dont want to hear about "waiting" anymore. its now now NOW! and that imo is one of the problems with todays mmos.

Some of the best advice i ever got came from ( you wont believe it ) a fortune cookies and i think it kinda pretaines to this situaton.

" If you want the rainbow, you have to tolerate the rain"

My rainbow is AA and the rain is the current crop of mmos being made today.

Originally posted by afropuff420

There has been an item called the bomb of liquor barrel for fun, but it was deleted because some pirate users threw it to where the wedding ceremony was held and killed all users who were attended.

SOLD!!

imo they need to put that berrel back in the game LOL.

Originally posted by Bunks

My gut tells me this game is goingto be big. Maybe not initially, but something tells me it will grow slowly and steadily over time to finally give the sandboxers their wet dream.

We can only hope =)

• ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

It does have some stereotypical sandbox elements, but am I mistaken in thinking that it's still class-based? I know the skills for each class can be developed to make them function differently, but a class is a class is a class.

All and all, that's a minor point. I am also looking forward to this game based on what I've seen and read. Hopefully they get a US publisher on board soon to start the localization process.

Most likly we will not hear about a US publisher till the game is launched in Korea. If news comes befor that that of a US publisher i would be surprised.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

I'm not a fan of the game, was never intending to play it myself since not really a sandbox type. But I have to admit, even my interests in this game has piqued after watching some in game play.

As for classes, 120 different variants to choose from, almost makes it a non class style by making everyone so unique.

I'm not a fan of the game, was never intending to play it myself since not really a sandbox type. But I have to admit, even my interests in this game has piqued after watching some in game play.

As for classes, 120 different variants to choose from, almost makes it a non class style by making everyone so unique.

dont forget that every type can wear all gear. Meaning casters can wear plate and carry shileds. from what i understand there will be draw backs like giving up faster cast times for higher def. the details are still up in the air but thats that jist of it.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Guild Wars 2, Tera and this game are all that I'm really looking forward to trying.  This game seems to be the most interesting of the three though.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    I agree with you Pure, western companies should be making games like this but we don't know what Titan or EQ Next will be like. Doesn't matter to me where it's made though, my hope is that "westernization" for AA is already being done behind the scenes. If not it will indeed be a while.

"There has been an item called the bomb of liquor barrel for fun, but it was deleted because some pirate users threw it to where the wedding ceremony was held and killed all users who were attended."

"This is why we can't have nice things!"

Just not worth my time anymore.