Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: The Collector’s Edition

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Last week, Arena.Net announced the details for the collector's edition for Guild Wars 2. The CE contains some really impressive stuff that we take a look at in our latest Guild Wars 2 column. Read on!

We all love buying games, but some of us love buying special, or Collector's Editions.  I love to see what the special edition has to offer over just getting a regular game.  For a few years the mystery of what ArenaNet would be offering for Guild Wars 2 has kept us all wondering, but earlier last week the curtains were pulled back and we got our first glimpse at the Collector's Edition options and I'm very excited!  Let's go ahead and break some of it down in order to help you decide if it's the right option for you, because I already know it is for me!

Read more of David North's Guild Wars 2: The Collector’s Edition.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

iam so glad they maintained their graphic campaign from the website its so new and fresh!- love it cant wait to order!

It really stands out appart from what currently out there in Fantasy art for mmo's

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Im not risking another 150 for an mmorpg.Swtor was enough.I risked 150 on swtor only to continue playing wow.

I bet there will be no other mmo worth playing on the planet except wow and the  upcoming titan.

Everything comes out has one and only purpose.Fast Cash.Thats what they look into instead of delivering a worthy game.

Enough said.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Not worth $150 to me but whatever floats your boat. The fact that most of the in-game items are temporary or one use is a real turn-off, and the rest is not that interesting to me.

Of course I have never bought a collector's edition so I am probably not the market for this to begin with.

• CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353

Originally posted by reignjuste

-rant-

Enough said.

Sorry, but not even close.

Eat me!

Im not risking another 150 for an mmorpg.Swtor was enough

Enough said.

ewww.

although i did get SC2 and D3 Ce, and they have a nifty ext port HD. those things could be used forever!

although this CE edt. looks like the same peeps who did KoA. same packg concept.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

i missed the GW CEs to my regret, im not going to miss this one! Rythlok and the soundtrack looks sweet 

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360

I look forward to a day when no one mentions wow anymore....

It'll just take time. You don't see alot of talk of UO anymore, and it's still running, somehow...

• kneebanekneebane Member CommonPosts: 15

Music and art are very common stuff in CE, also was little bit expecting map, shame it was not it :(. Another disapointment was that golem... I mean what were they thinking? 5 days? Rather have it available for every 5 days for some time instead of just for 5 days  =(.

So add a map and change how golem is handled and I'll go screaming around untill I get it on my hands :) well perhaps not but definately would buy it then. Now I am torn a bit part. I might still buy it but tricky tricky choice.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Another reason to hate SWTOR and their $150.00 CE trend.

The sad thing is this: Most people who buy don't give a damn about the Malgus or Troll statue. They just want the in-game bonus items as a sign of being "elite".

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by Senadina

Not worth $150 to me but whatever floats your boat. The fact that most of the in-game items are temporary or one use is a real turn-off, and the rest is not that interesting to me.

Of course I have never bought a collector's edition so I am probably not the market for this to begin with.

I won't be getting it either, but I can see the appeal for actual collectors, the statue looks pretty amazing.

It's nice to see a company who are marketing the collectors edition at actual collectors for a change, rather than putting in overpowered in-game items as a cheap cash grabs like lots of other MMOs treat them as.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

I plan to purchase the CE for the statue but only because I like the detail, if it was a statue of Caithe I would really be excited because quite frankly the Charr in general has been played out it's gotten to the level of Blizzard and the Horde in my opinion. Hopefully ArenaNet will offer statues of the other races down the road but I wont hold my breath as it doesn't seem to be their style.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Originally posted by mmoDAD

The sad thing is this: Most people who buy don't give a damn about the Malgus or Troll statue. They just want the in-game bonus items as a sign of being "elite".

Yea but if you don't CARE about that stuff buying the Digital Deluxe (or whatever it's called) is half the price for the same skills and stuff.

While I REALLY like the look of the statue, I just can't get myself to pony up.  Just like the above mentioned, I did it for ToR and that was such a let down.

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

Im not risking another 150 for an mmorpg.Swtor was enough.I risked 150 on swtor only to continue playing wow.

I bet there will be no other mmo worth playing on the planet except wow and the  upcoming titan.

Everything comes out has one and only purpose.Fast Cash.Thats what they look into instead of delivering a worthy game.

Enough said.

Never understood this, if you like the things that come with the CE then you buy it. even if you do and dont like the game you still only spent $80 dollars on the game. I understand why people dont want the CE but not how they feel they someone wasted more money if they dont like the game

• zinger71zinger71 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    A CE in-game mount might have been swell. Probably won't buy it. I need to save the money to upgrade my rig in order to play the game in the first place...lol. Digital download for me.

Originally posted by zinger71

A CE in-game mount might have been swell. Probably won't buy it. I need to save the money to upgrade my rig in order to play the game in the first place...lol. Digital download for me.

smartest post here today- gl on your rig!-i just got a new system, so iam good togo for GW2 CE!

try newegg.com  for ur stuff good deals!

• DamonDamon Member UncommonPosts: 170

It's not really about the money for me.  I don't value the physical items, so I won't be purchasing the CE of the game.  I'll purchase the Digital Deluxe version, and maybe a second for a friend.  At the same time, I understand that others do enjoy the physical treasures of a CE purchase.  So, everyone wins.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Originally posted by Ikeda

Yea but if you don't CARE about that stuff buying the Digital Deluxe (or whatever it's called) is half the price for the same skills and stuff.

While I REALLY like the look of the statue, I just can't get myself to pony up.  Just like the above mentioned, I did it for ToR and that was such a let down.

Ahh. In SWTOR, the Digital Edition didn't come with all the in-game items that the CE had. An obvious cash grab.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Except TOR didn't do it first. There was this. And this as well. Maybe a couple of others if I dig into it. Granted, TOR was the first MMO to go this big with a CE, but they didn't start the trend.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I will buy the cheapest version of the game. I refuse to get ripped off on the CE, which is $200 for Europe. And don't start the VAT/shipping costs nonsense. VAT is different in each European country and never 33% and shipping can't be much with NCsoft having a store in Europe. This price difference simply stinks.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Funnt thing about the TOR CE... I made good bank on the 2 I sold but the last one is still sitting on ebay. So not bad still made mad money before the game topped off. I will be getting 3 of these as well.

Good money makers if you get them fast and sell a few weeks before release, or at release. the last TOR one i'm just gonna keep and let it collect dust.

• e1eplayere1eplayer Member UncommonPosts: 23

You forgot to mention the beta access, hero's band and the 3 day head start for the pre-purchase.

I really wish I could get the Collector's Edition, but since I have to buy one for my girlfriend, I'll settle for 2 Digital Deluxe editions. AND since she's a mac user I still have to figure out the best way to get her playing asap.

• messier647messier647 Member Posts: 13

i'll be buying the standard edition i have no need for this junk.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

I love Collector's Editions, especially ones that include action figures.  I'm not especially happy about the price of this Collector's Edition, but no one is twisting my arm to buy it.  It's still up in the air; I feel burned after the lackluster CE for SWTOR at the same price.

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127
    Sound track should be good. going to use it as over tone for some warhammer and 40k tabletop games. the book answer statue are cool. really wish they would have put the third novel in the ce. but i feel it is worth it. the ce sales will help a lot on the money end

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Originally posted by BartDaCat

I love Collector's Editions, especially ones that include action figures.  I'm not especially happy about the price of this Collector's Edition, but no one is twisting my arm to buy it.  It's still up in the air; I feel burned after the lackluster CE for SWTOR at the same price.

Could you explain how the TOR CE was lackluster? If you mean the game, that is one thing, but the CEs for both of these games are very compareable.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil