Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Fyrmount Fly-through

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment has partnered with MMORPG.com to bring our readers a first look at TERA's Fyrmount. As the name implies, the area is a lava-filled place filled with equally fiery looking monsters, BAMs included. Check out this exclusive first look at Fyrmount. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MistborneMistborne Member UncommonPosts: 26

A harsh, daunting zone that still manages to be aethetically pleasing. The details really bring what could potentially be a  lackluster zone to life. As an explorer type, this is very appealing. I also hope the gameplay can live up to the visuals.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I really like the combat in Tera. However, I'm so exhausted with the hub-to-hub quest progression. It's not that the game is bad or anything; I'm just completely tired of the funnel-formula.

• AlminieAlminie Member UncommonPosts: 114

Originally posted by mmoDAD

I really like the combat in Tera. However, I'm so exhausted with the hub-to-hub quest progression. It's not that the game is bad or anything; I'm just completely tired of the funnel-formula.

All games do that, you'll be lucky to find something different.

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

one way or another, that old formula is in every MMO,  old and newer ones alike.  im afraid you gonna need to wait untill the year 5000  to see something drastically different.  

great looking area.  i love exploring in Tera.  this new zone looks like a dangerous yet very exciting one to wander around!p  can't wait untill next beta.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Originally posted by Alminie

I ll agree, but some games hide it alot better then Tera. I really tried to like Tera, and was rather excited about it, until I tried the betas. It s just very average to me.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Originally posted by Leucent

I ll agree, but some games hide it alot better then Tera. I really tried to like Tera, and was rather excited about it, until I tried the betas. It s just very average to me.

ArcheAge could be our only hope for this, or World of Darkness, or PlanetSide2, or just play EVE.

the game wasen't for you.

i ve been playing every Beta and so far been having a blast.   got 2 chars level 32, have done lots of grouping, and been exploring alot.  to me is the best looking  and most fun MMO available.   i will play Tera along side with GW2 so won't ever gonna be bored!p

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Area looks pretty cool.  I do like the scale of things in Tera.  Can't wait to group up and slaughter a few thousand mobs.  My brain needs it.

Originally posted by Nadya3

the game wasen't for you.

i ve been playing every Beta and so far been having a blast.   got 2 chars level 32, have done lots of grouping, and been exploring alot.  to me is the best looking  and most fun MMO available.   i will play Tera along side with GW2 so won't ever gonna be bored!p

I agree entirely the game isn t for me. I tried, I really did, but it just doesn t grab me at all. I m looking for DAOC rvr mixed with a decent pve game, I won t even mention what game I m looking forward to, thats for another games forum:)

Originally posted by ProfRed

ArcheAge could be our only hope for this, or World of Darkness, or PlanetSide2, or just play EVE.

Planetside 2 I ll be living in once it s released, i ll agree with you on that statement.

Area looks pretty cool.  I do like the scale of things in Tera.  Can't wait to group up and slaughter a few thousand mobs.  My brain needs it.

once you start grouping in Tera, you simply will love it.

the world is so huge that it really encourages exploring.  every area is different.

i can't wait to see the monster invasions  though.

on top of all that, there is so much eye candy in Tera, that you always find yourself discovering new things that you diden't notice before.

• alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156

I really like the idea behind TERA's combat.  But as someone else said, the principles behind the gameplay (quest hub progression) is boring.  And I personally dislike the artstyle.

I wish I could play FFXIV but with TERA's combat.  Or ArcheAge with TERA's combat.

I commend them for trying to push the boundaries and their scope of development, but I doubt I will ever play this game very much, just because i don't agree with basically ALL their other design choices.

• alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156

I mean, it just seems so tacky... and hacky.

Originally posted by alyosha17

to you perhaps.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Originally posted by alyosha17

Wow, that's just... clever.

All die, so die well.

• baldernonobaldernono Member UncommonPosts: 96

I wish we are on 19 april so i can test europe open beta ^_^

To be honest, fight system wants be original and giving more action but when i looks video and i fear  it will be boring and very long fight, i only see AE and knockback, knockdown ...

• AzmodaiAzmodai Member UncommonPosts: 154

Its a lot better than you think, Trust me No buttonmasher will survive playing tera.

The pvp is amazing here, I would say unmached so far. Great open world action and the PVP system is great.

• DevokanDevokan Member Posts: 29

Lol planetside 2  i thought it was old news by now that they are adding killcams and all that lame stuff creating a COD online game that uses the title of a rather succesfull game.

If ArcheAge aint it i will say goodbye to mmorpgs.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Azmodai

Its a lot better than you think, Trust me No buttonmasher will survive playing tera.

The pvp is amazing here, I would say unmached so far. Great open world action and the PVP system is great.

PvP has been a blast, rolling around in a 5 man group smashing everything but those retarded Zerg guilds. x.x

Also, wonder why they didn't post this video instead, both are good but this is much more entertaining. ^-^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnzqfzTgglw&context=C4f3b725ADvjVQa1PpcFOicu3kU-pOPVxgNOm_DiJuwjaEt_IUfjo=