Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legacy 1.2 unveiled

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Elikal

Hm. The race unlock is nice, but overall there is nothing I really look forward to. *shrug* Just "nice to have" feature.

True. I keep hearing some people say that 1.2 will be huge but I dont see much interesting in there. A new warzone and some raiding content and the rest is like you say, "nice to have".

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by BilboDoggins

Originally posted by Paithan

Legacy system is nothing but a "feature" which encourages alt grinding. There is NOTHING innovative about it at all. It doesnt add anything thats not already in the game and most of it is useless fluff or convienence tools.

Oh I get a mailbox in my ship?! Amazing!

A skill I can use every 20 minutes while soloing? So cool!

There is no character progression AT ALL provided by the legacy system. Bioware just wants you to play alts and do the exact same content you just did onbly do it 8 times. Hilarious thing is some people will swallow this shit sandwich and be convinced its a fine dining.

what a scam

If the legacy issue would add anything more then just fluff that would actually cause imballance issues. Its kinna like the achievement system on WoW it adds nothing for character progression, exept the legacy system is less about making monkeys dance then the WoW achievement system.

(Not really directed at you..) still dieing to hear how 1.2 is bending the lore.

Force choking Smugglers

Bounty Hunters using force lightning

Pureblood Sith Jedi's (lol)

That answer your question?

No. Not everyone who is senstive to the force becomes a jedi or sith, even though there isnt much said about it the stories in and out of Star wars. Even within the game itself there are who where removed from their training within the game.

Even though the race name suggests something it never was uncommon for a sith to become a jedi, the jedi order is known to accept persons regardless of species or origin.

Just like the complaint people have about sith using a flame trower. Why not? Especially sith are known to use tech.

Heck one of the best known excamples I can think of is Obiwan.

How did he kill General Grevious again?

• BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205

Originally posted by DaRoamer

New Operation -  Fluff

New Flashpoint-  Fluff

New Warzone-  Fluff

Major additions to the crafting professions via schematics, consumables and enhanced reverse engineering - Anything will be better as the current crafting system is super one dimensional

Changes to purple and orange armour to allow full customization - Fluff

Completely customizable UI - I like this feature, but not game changing.

New World Bosses - fluff

Class rebalances including overall combat tweaks - These look minor and wont effect roles @ end game (if anyone is actually doing end game)

Legacy system - Super Fluff!

Guild banks - should always have been there!

New tier of PVP and PVE armour - Fluff fluff

New social gear - super omg fluff

Vanity pets - even more super fluff

Combat logs - ?! Mod time? hmm, third party dps meters?

Armour recolouring system - Fluff

Huge list of bug fixes - The real issue! 

A few of those could be broken down into sub-additions (the legacy additions alone are huge) and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff.  All of this is rubbish and fluff?

The "it should have been there at launch" argument is ridiculous.  That's implying that they should never add it since it wasn't there at launch.  Whether you feel it should have been in at launch or not is irrelevant, it's being added now so be happy.

I must agree with you that the Legacy is not the only thing BioWare are throwing in to 1.2 and would have to try to new content to actually comment on how they implemented it.. so I hope people enjoy the content.. 

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Legacy system is nothing but a "feature" which encourages alt grinding. There is NOTHING innovative about it at all. It doesnt add anything thats not already in the game and most of it is useless fluff or convienence tools.

There is no character progression AT ALL provided by the legacy system. Bioware just wants you to play alts and do the exact same content you just did onbly do it 8 times. Hilarious thing is some people will swallow this shit sandwich and be convinced its a fine dining.

what a scam

If the legacy issue would add anything more then just fluff that would actually cause imballance issues. Its kinna like the achievement system on WoW it adds nothing for character progression, exept the legacy system is less about making monkeys dance then the WoW achievement system.

(Not really directed at you..) still dieing to hear how 1.2 is bending the lore.

Force choking Smugglers

That's not bending lore at all, the Legacy system even makes sense of it in that in Star Wars bloodlines carry force-sensitivity e.g Vader (Anakin Skywalker) & his children Luke & Leia....Legacy will allow for connections between your characters to reflect bloodlines, so had Vaders son grown up a smuggler, he'd still had his force-sensitivity just not trained to use it very well so weakly or only rarely usable force-abilities (such as within heroic moments only) makes quite reasonable sense without breaking lore at all.

• BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198

what a scam

Force choking Smugglers

No. Not everyone who is senstive to the force becomes a jedi or sith, even though there isnt much said about it the stories in and out of Star wars. Even within the game itself there are who where removed from their training within the game.

Even though the race name suggests something it never was uncommon for a sith to become a jedi, the jedi order is known to accept persons regardless of species or origin.

Sounds to me like you are just making stuff up to rationalize destroying the canon.

Its supposed to take Jedi/Sith years of training to use simple powers but for some reason we have smugglers force choking and BH's spamming force lightning likes they are castinga  lvl 1 magic missle at the darkness.

You are basically just going, "Lol, well there isnt anything in the books (meaning, its not canon) but it could of been possible so lets just say it is hahha its kewler that way!"

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Originally posted by Deewe

Enjoy... or not ;)

More like reusing exiting assets and bending the lore than adding new stuff.

Seems to me they half though this one as you'll be able to do more things in the space ship but you still can't recall to the space ship.

Ex: mailbox in the sip but you're mostly always passing by a mailbox to go to your ship.

I just have to ask.. what part of the lore is being bent?

I do agree this patch still misses a good amounth of issues within classes, roles and ballance but atleast its a first step, if its a step in the right direction will remain to be seen but for now..

WHat part of the lore is being bent?

For starters, pure blood sith souldn't be anything but sith and how exactly can non force sensitives use force powers? Umm yeah thought so. Well maybe your right, it's not lore bending but it is flat out lore breaking no doubt.

Couple things that makes no sense to me and in the game already is why does the Empire look exacly like the Empire after the clone wars? I mean EXACTLY but there is one difference. The rank insignias are turned sideways from those post clone wars ones. Empire ships is another. Those capital ships are carbin copies of post clone wars star destoyers. Lore is all bent up over that.

If I have my lore right, didn't the Empire in the movies get it's start from taking over the Republic? Shouldn't that mean in TOR that the Republic should be the guys wearing the gray unifoms and flying around in star destoyers? In the prequels the Republic ships looked like star destoyers did they not?  Am I missing something that must of happen in that 3000 whatever years between TOR and the clone wars where each side traded places so they can trade again after the clone wars but everyone somewhere along the way forgot who exactly gets the star destoyers? I'm confused LOL.

• Gel214thGel214th Member UncommonPosts: 188

New Operation

New Flashpoint

New Warzone

Major additions to the crafting professions via schematics, consumables and enhanced reverse engineering

Changes to purple and orange armour to allow full customization

Completely customizable UI

New World Bosses

Class rebalances including overall combat tweaks

Legacy system

Guild banks

New tier of PVP and PVE armour

New social gear

Vanity pets

Combat logs

Armour recolouring system

Huge list of bug fixes

A few of those could be broken down into sub-additions (the legacy additions alone are huge) and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff.  All of this is rubbish and fluff?

The "it should have been there at launch" argument is ridiculous.  That's implying that they should never add it since it wasn't there at launch.  Whether you feel it should have been in at launch or not is irrelevant, it's being added now so be happy.

Those highlighted in green, in my view should have already been there and were things that couldn't be ready for the game's launch. THe new content are the new dungeons and warzone, world bosses. The rest are inserting features into the title which most MMORPG players would have expected to be there in a 2012 game. 

If you are talking about "New" features, then you cannot include features that were obviously delayed from the game's launch. That isn't new. At any rate, it isn't something to get overly excited about and to congratulate one another over. It merely brings the game to a level of functionality that the players should have expected.

Hopefully this will make the game feel more playable to me and I'll get back to it. I'm also pleased by the promise of finally adding High Res textures to the normal gameplay. I'm absolutely baffled that I should even have to type that as a "feature" of a patch in 2012 :- . Now I remember the nonsense that we were fed about that whole debacle regarding texture resolution. Yeah...this patch has to improve the gameplay experience a lot to get me interested again. 

Originally posted by Skuz

what a scam

Force choking Smugglers

That's not bending lore at all, the Legacy system even makes sense of it in that in Star Wars bloodlines carry force-sensitivity e.g Vader (Anakin Skywalker) & his children Luke & Leia....Legacy will allow for connections between your characters to reflect bloodlines, so had Vaders son grown up a smuggler, he'd still had his force-sensitivity just not trained to use it very well so weakly or only rarely usable force-abilities (such as within heroic moments only) makes quite reasonable sense without breaking lore at all.

Yeah its gonna make alot of "sense" when people create an old human geezer and make him the son of a twi'lek. Makes perfect sense when you dont think about it.  /rollseyes

what a scam

Force choking Smugglers

Sounds to me like you are just making stuff up to rationalize destroying the canon.

Its supposed to take Jedi/Sith years of training to use simple powers but for some reason we have smugglers force choking and BH's spamming force lightning likes they are castinga  lvl 1 magic missle at the darkness.

You are basically just going, "Lol, well there isnt anything in the books (meaning, its not canon) but it could of been possible so lets just say it is hahha its kewler that way!"

It took  Luke Skywalker very little time to have some very limited and basic use of the force in the very 1st movie made. WHat was that Young boy called again that Obiwan found already having visions and even had force pull Anakin?

Empire strikes back, Luke apparently learned to use the force out of the snow before finding training from the only jedi master/trainer he was able to find after blowing up the deathstar.

But since you brought it up, it takes years and years to become an elite soldier, yet this game a trooper is one the 1st second you log one 1. Learning to fly isnt something you just.. learn when they hand you over the keys to your plane.

Infact its easy to use your own words against you here, because of the lack of years and years of training to become an jedi or sith, the force ussage is very very weak and limited. Again makes perfect sense.

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

So much hoopla about lore and immersion breaking....what breaks the immersion for me is that enemies reanimate 5 minutes later i kill them..it is like they have unilimited lives? why don't NPC just stay dead once i killed them? that is how it should be just how a human being son of a twilek makes no sense.

*rolls eyes*

what a scam

Force choking Smugglers

It took  Luke Skywalker very little time to have some very limited and basic use of the force in the very 1st movie made. WHat was that Young boy called again that Obiwan found already having visions and even had force pull Anakin?

But since you brought it up, it takes years and years to become an elite soldier, yet this game a trooper is one the 1st second you log one 1. Learning to fly isnt something you just.. learn when they hand you over the keys to your plane.

Infact its easy to use your own words against you here, because of the lack of years and years of training to become an jedi or sith, the force ussage is very very weak and limited. Again makes perfect sense.

Ah yes. Weak force users....who can use Force lightning. The first ability any noob Sith masters.

what a scam

Force choking Smugglers

Ah yes. Weak force users....who can use Force lightning. The first ability any noob Sith masters.

Yep, thats why consulars and inq's get it at lvl 1. Though consulars get project. 

But they we didnt get years of flight training either so yeah. Its against the lore to get your own spaceship right? The game doesnt really get into your past training not educations, but clearly there was some.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by headphones

Originally posted by Gruug

People only read what THEY want to read. They missed the whole revamp of many of the classes and the addition of more OPs and Flashpoints. They missed the additions to game mechanics. This is not just a "mailbox in your ship" patch. It is a major addition to the game.

be fair. the massive patch outline at http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=363056 clearly shows it's not adding much, but is instead fixing a whole lot of bugs and adding a whole lot of rubbish.  much of what's being added is purely cosmetic or an attempt to add content by promoting grind instead of adding content (ie: buyz your lootz for zillions of cashes).

the rest of it which looks like it's adding is only unlocking a lot of stuff which should have been there at the beginning. to compensate, they're removing just as much.

i don't feel the classes are getting anything along the line of a "revamp". doing a few shifties is hardly exciting.

legacy skills make me yawn. great idea that went pear-shaped pretty quickly. all that hype and the "coming soon" tab in your skills getting you all prepped. i nearly de-subbed except i wanted to see what they did with it. now i feel cheated. (buyz them all).

i know what i wanted to read.

i didn't read it. i read their patch notes instead.

New Operation part of the not much i was talking about

New Flashpoint as above

New Warzone as above

Major additions to the crafting professions via schematics, consumables and enhanced reverse engineering promoting grind as i was talking about

Changes to purple and orange armour to allow full customization fluff

Completely customizable UI about the only useful thing, and let's face it - should've been there at the beginning

New World Bosses ooh. a couple of bosses floating around. that'll make a big difference. not much.

Class rebalances including overall combat tweaks actually, i looked at my class and it's pretty much fixing animations, fixing SOUND EFFECTS and moving a few skills up or down on the tree. class imbalances could hardly be considered ground-breaking for a patch - they do this EVERY patch. yawn. it ain't fixing anything. next patch, they'll patch over this. again.

Legacy system that's part of the whole "pay for lootz" system/grind encouragement i was talking about. with nothing actually useful because it's completely situational and involves you having to have a companion to use. therefore: fluff.

Guild banks revolutionary. in this day and age, you gotta wonder why it wasn't there to begin with. this IS an mmo, right?

New tier of PVP and PVE armour grind/fluff

New social gear fluff

Vanity pets mucho fluff

Combat logs useless to 99% of players ergo fluff

Armour recolouring system fluff-o, but should've been in the game from the beginning. the belief was it was going to. and more. this hardly addressed the issue of customisation anyway.

Huge list of bug fixes that's what i said.

A few of those could be broken down into sub-additions (the legacy additions alone are huge) and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff.  All of this is rubbish and fluff? it is indeedy. show me the new thing that isn't fixing the old thing, or trying to band-aid the broken thing.

The "it should have been there at launch" argument is ridiculous.  That's implying that they should never add it since it wasn't there at launch.  Whether you feel it should have been in at launch or not is irrelevant, it's being added now so be happy. it's not ridiculous. most of these new "features" would be standard with most mmos thinking of releasing at this time. given the naked release of a game stripped of everything bar cut-scenes, this is just a small step toward making it an mmo, and should have been implemented prior to release. it is, afterall, an MMO, right?

and i am happy, thankyou. :) it's been a wonderful day. despite what you might think, i'm not upset at them. i just think they need to pull their finger out and impress us. they really do need to impress us right now with the gameplay, not the cutscenes. the criticism that their universe is empty, featureless, and lacks a personality won't be fixed with a couple of pets, a bit of social gear and some grind. this patch needed to impress. it doesn't. and really, you have to admit that at least.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

what a scam

Force choking Smugglers

Not sure why you guys are discussing what makes sense or not. After they introduced Huttball everything about lore went straight out of the window.

What is important if it is useful or not and from what I understood, skills on 10 min timer and only with a companion. Races which in SW:TOR has no meaning beside cosmetical. The whole thing is just fluff, not that useful at all and only put in game to try to make people reroll alts because they know that the endgame is weak.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by dubyahite

@Opapanax [Fixed for you]

The legacy stuff is just one of the many features coming in 1.2. This article was just focused on the Legacy system.

Look at the patch notes and you'll see why it took so long.

I can't remember ever seeing an update this large that wasn't an expansion.

Do yourself a favor, learn about what you are commenting on before you post something inflammatory like that. It makes you look More informed and less trollish.

I've been following this game and it's patches just as much as you Dubyahite..

So like Stephen A. Smith on First Take talking to Skip Bayless.... STOP IT!.. JUST! Stop it...

These changes are rather lame and make little sense and even less creativeness. I've read about all the content updates that are coming in with Legacy 1.2; those things are of less concern to me than the mechanic changes coming in. Which is my main concern when looking at the patches for SWTOR and how they could improve the game in my eyes.

Performance issues, broken mechanics, poor game design combined with worse implementation in addition to the other bulletted list of concerns that have been preached about in bundles.

/non-inflammatory remark

ALL LEAD UP TO STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC SUCKING MEGA-INTERGALATIC SPACE-DUNG! Not AAA barely  AA, only that because it has hundreds of millions of dollars worth of voice acting...

Thank you AVATAR OOPS I mean Bioware!

/end being an ACTUAL troll

Once again I have NO NEED to troll this craptastic title.. It' burries itself under piles upon piles of dogshit weekly. To be concerned with losing credibility over a game like this is silly..

Besides the ones speaking so highly about this game like its HONESTLY a -AAA- Title are the only ones losing any sensability..

I'm well informed on this game probably more than I need to be for not playing any longer and not enjoying my time in the game past my first month + 2 weeks of "forced" gameplay. Which was shorten even more because I myself got in on early release. So I got to see and deal with the issues that others have been bitching about for a bit longer in that regard.

Thank god I wasn't in Beta I would really feel betrayed by this game or just feel plain out stupid for ignoring any concerns back in Beta and that I would've been under the belief of them being fixed.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

New Operation

New Flashpoint

New Warzone

Major additions to the crafting professions via schematics, consumables and enhanced reverse engineering

Changes to purple and orange armour to allow full customization

Completely customizable UI

New World Bosses

Class rebalances including overall combat tweaks

Legacy system

Guild banks

New tier of PVP and PVE armour

New social gear

Vanity pets

Combat logs

Armour recolouring system

Huge list of bug fixes

Pity they missed the biggest problem,  lack of cross realm LFG or Merge Servers !

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

But having seen the class changes I am seriously disturbed, it looks like they borrowed from the "Mythic book of class balance" AKA - "how to so massively change classes they become unrecognisable to the players" instead of performing small tweaks & assessing the impacts.

I remember Mythic swinging the Nerfbat like it was an Executioners Axe

HASSAN CHOP!

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Originally posted by Ankur

So much hoopla about lore and immersion breaking....what breaks the immersion for me is that enemies reanimate 5 minutes later i kill them..it is like they have unilimited lives? why don't NPC just stay dead once i killed them? that is how it should be just how a human being son of a twilek makes no sense.

*rolls eyes*

If NPCs don't respawn there wouldn't be any NPCs in the game at all LOL. I'm trying to not make fun of you but you must of never played online games before. Goes with the territory, no way out of it.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

I find it hilarious when people claim they are adding grinds to an MMO. MMOs are all a grind in the traditional sense. A gear grind, a level grind, a faction grind, it does not matter --its all the same thing. Of coarse they want things to take time in an MMO thats how they get you to pay a monthly fee! Also sidenote--if you wanted SWG 2, sandboxes are more of a grind then themeparks these days ;p 

MMORPGs have lots of grinds and a grind being fun is an opinion you are allowed to have. Automatically dismissing a feature of an MMO because you think it is a grind is absolutely retarded at best. If you don't like that style of gameplay, you should not be playing MMOs. 

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Bardus

Originally posted by Ankur

*rolls eyes*

If NPCs don't respawn there wouldn't be any NPCs in the game at all LOL. I'm trying to not make fun of you but you must of never played online games before. Goes with the territory, no way out of it.

There was a group of three standing/sitting motionless every 10metres along the path so you were not far from the last lot when they magically reappeared standing/sitting in the same spot, it's very badly done in my opinion, I agree with Ankur
  • DaRoamerDaRoamer Member Posts: 249

what a scam

Force choking Smugglers

I know right?  Could you image a smuggler who is also a bounty hunter but could use the force actually existing in Star Wars lore? Preposterous! Well, except for this guy. 

• DaRoamerDaRoamer Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by Gruug

People only read what THEY want to read. They missed the whole revamp of many of the classes and the addition of more OPs and Flashpoints. They missed the additions to game mechanics. This is not just a "mailbox in your ship" patch. It is a major addition to the game.

be fair. the massive patch outline at http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=363056 clearly shows it's not adding much, but is instead fixing a whole lot of bugs and adding a whole lot of rubbish.  much of what's being added is purely cosmetic or an attempt to add content by promoting grind instead of adding content (ie: buyz your lootz for zillions of cashes).

the rest of it which looks like it's adding is only unlocking a lot of stuff which should have been there at the beginning. to compensate, they're removing just as much.

i don't feel the classes are getting anything along the line of a "revamp". doing a few shifties is hardly exciting.

legacy skills make me yawn. great idea that went pear-shaped pretty quickly. all that hype and the "coming soon" tab in your skills getting you all prepped. i nearly de-subbed except i wanted to see what they did with it. now i feel cheated. (buyz them all).

i know what i wanted to read.

i didn't read it. i read their patch notes instead.

New Operation part of the not much i was talking about

New Flashpoint as above

New Warzone as above

Major additions to the crafting professions via schematics, consumables and enhanced reverse engineering promoting grind as i was talking about

Changes to purple and orange armour to allow full customization fluff

Completely customizable UI about the only useful thing, and let's face it - should've been there at the beginning

New World Bosses ooh. a couple of bosses floating around. that'll make a big difference. not much.

Class rebalances including overall combat tweaks actually, i looked at my class and it's pretty much fixing animations, fixing SOUND EFFECTS and moving a few skills up or down on the tree. class imbalances could hardly be considered ground-breaking for a patch - they do this EVERY patch. yawn. it ain't fixing anything. next patch, they'll patch over this. again.

Legacy system that's part of the whole "pay for lootz" system/grind encouragement i was talking about. with nothing actually useful because it's completely situational and involves you having to have a companion to use. therefore: fluff.

Guild banks revolutionary. in this day and age, you gotta wonder why it wasn't there to begin with. this IS an mmo, right?

New tier of PVP and PVE armour grind/fluff

New social gear fluff

Vanity pets mucho fluff

Combat logs useless to 99% of players ergo fluff

Armour recolouring system fluff-o, but should've been in the game from the beginning. the belief was it was going to. and more. this hardly addressed the issue of customisation anyway.

Huge list of bug fixes that's what i said.

A few of those could be broken down into sub-additions (the legacy additions alone are huge) and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff.  All of this is rubbish and fluff? it is indeedy. show me the new thing that isn't fixing the old thing, or trying to band-aid the broken thing.

The "it should have been there at launch" argument is ridiculous.  That's implying that they should never add it since it wasn't there at launch.  Whether you feel it should have been in at launch or not is irrelevant, it's being added now so be happy. it's not ridiculous. most of these new "features" would be standard with most mmos thinking of releasing at this time. given the naked release of a game stripped of everything bar cut-scenes, this is just a small step toward making it an mmo, and should have been implemented prior to release. it is, afterall, an MMO, right?

and i am happy, thankyou. :) it's been a wonderful day. despite what you might think, i'm not upset at them. i just think they need to pull their finger out and impress us. they really do need to impress us right now with the gameplay, not the cutscenes. the criticism that their universe is empty, featureless, and lacks a personality won't be fixed with a couple of pets, a bit of social gear and some grind. this patch needed to impress. it doesn't. and really, you have to admit that at least.

So basically you don't like MMOs since all MMO style content is either "nothing much","grind content" or "fluff".  Got it.

• TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437

You don't get a force choke by merely being force sensitive. You get it by years of having a master force the training down your throat.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

what a scam

Force choking Smugglers

I know right?  Could you image a smuggler who is also a bounty hunter but could use the force actually existing in Star Wars lore? Preposterous! Well, except for this guy. 

He trained as a Jedi.
  • NixlNixl Member Posts: 67

I cannot fault BW for trying to add a feature, but I feel like they are going at this completely the wrong way.  Alt and/or credit grinds just appear weak if not tedious.  I do not know everything about TOR, but why not attach the Legacy system to social points or some other means for people that relates to endgame PVP/PVE.