Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

So wait a minute... people are really fussing about Pandarean when...

2»

Comments

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

Originally posted by waynejr2

Originally posted by azrael466

Originally posted by fivoroth

You think the QQ about pandas is bad? In TBC people were QQ like there was no tomorrow about bloodelfs and space goats. Then people eventually got tired and stopped caring. 2 months into MoP and people will find a new reason to hate on the game.

during classic - neutral.

during TBC - "TBC SUCKS! BLOODS ELVES ARE FOR FAGZ LAWLZ CLASSIC WAS SO MUCH WIN U FAILZOR BLIZZ"

during wrath "OMFG WRATH SUCKS DEATH KNIGHTS ARE FOR FAGZ LAWLZ TBC WAS SO MUCH WIN U FAILZOR BLIZZ"

during cata "OMFG WORGENS ARE FOR FURFAGZ LAWLZ WRATH WAS SO MUCH WIN U FAILZOR BLIZZ"

you see where I'm going with this..

Yup, Classic was the best and the game just keeps getting worse.

TBC was the best thus far, but hey thats just my opinion

• DAS1337DAS1337 Parma, OHPosts: 2,404Member

A lot of people just don't like the eastern theme and focus.  That's all.  Get over it.

• waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAPosts: 4,476Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Aori

You think the QQ about pandas is bad? In TBC people were QQ like there was no tomorrow about bloodelfs and space goats. Then people eventually got tired and stopped caring. 2 months into MoP and people will find a new reason to hate on the game.

during TBC - "TBC SUCKS! BLOODS ELVES ARE FOR FAGZ LAWLZ CLASSIC WAS SO MUCH WIN U FAILZOR BLIZZ"

during wrath "OMFG WRATH SUCKS DEATH KNIGHTS ARE FOR FAGZ LAWLZ TBC WAS SO MUCH WIN U FAILZOR BLIZZ"

during cata "OMFG WORGENS ARE FOR FURFAGZ LAWLZ WRATH WAS SO MUCH WIN U FAILZOR BLIZZ"

TBC is the ESB of WOW.  IYGM.

• BassmanJBassmanJ cathedral city, CAPosts: 25Member
    Originally posted by AZHokie54

No, people are fussing because MoP is looking like the biggest joke of an xpac anyone has ever seen.
    There is absolutely nothing being included that will bring anyone back to the game. Expect more sub losses and an EU/US player base less than 1.5 million by this time next year.

Pokewow, it will bring people back.
  • AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

TBC is the ESB of WOW.  IYGM.

..and the empire strikes back is the best SW film, again thats just my opinion.

• ZairuZairu Portland, ORPosts: 469Member

Oh how things have changed in time, i remember when playing online rpgs made you childish and immature, now its just WoW.

great post.

• MagnetiaMagnetia SydneyPosts: 1,029Member Uncommon

I like the idea of diversifying the world a little more. However I do question whether it's at the cost of the lore. Traditionally Warcraft was always a little whimsical and had things which were just funny!

Sheep should nuke when you click on them too much.

The idea that the world goes far beyond the humans and orcs has already been firmly established by the draenei and demons.

Realistically veteran players (well I can only say so for myself) could care less about the introduction of the panda. I love it. It gives Warcraft a chance to be Warcrafty and not just 'WUT IS GOING TO BE MOAR EPIC NAO?'

It's all the OTHER things that are interesting imo. It's everything outside of raiding and heroics that interest me into subbing again.

8 more heroics? Meh.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• BlackWatchBlackWatch OKC, OKPosts: 983Member

I'm less excited about playing as a Panda as I would be to play as say... a Kodiak, Polar, Brown Bear, etc.,..

I realize that there is an 'iconic culture' surrounding the Panda.  I get it.  I'm sure I'll get it even more when the expansion releases.

To each their own, I suppose.

• ZairuZairu Portland, ORPosts: 469Member

Originally posted by DAS1337

A lot of people just don't like the eastern theme and focus.  That's all.  Get over it.

yes.

it seems so dumbly close-minded to say an asian theme does not fit a fantasy setting, yet copying a medival europe setting is fine.

also, i am a huge fan of asian culture, so seeing WoW tackle a chinese art design is awesome for me. ( i personally always felt that night elf architect had a tinge of eastern design)

not to mention, i have wanted a monk class in WoW ever since i started playing during Vanilla.

it has pandas? who cares. i have never got a xpac race past lvl 20 anyway. i have all night elfs and my main is a human rogue. and i look forward to making a night elf monk on the day Mop launches. hell. i'm sure i'll be at the midnight release just like all the previous xpacs.

the funny thing. i rarely play WoW at all anymore, except after enough time has passed for there to be enough content to entertain me for a month. then i leave, and do something else with my life. the time i spend playing WoW is AWESOME, because it is just a game for me. not a way of life. nothing about 'mmorpg' suggest that you can never leave, or else the game must be bad....

/rant off

• Moaky07Moaky07 Flushing, MIPosts: 2,096Member

Originally posted by Dreadblade

People will take every chance they can to bash WoW, I am 99% sure the people over at the SWTOR forums are breathing a sigh of relief, since all the haters will now foucs here instead of there. 

They are very much a part of the lore in WoW but most people are clueless and just see a chance to tear into them, I think this XPac might work wonders for the game if and I said if they nail it on the head just right.

I mean we do have some pretty off the wall speicies in games coming out that no one is saying diddly about or the fact there is no Open world PvP either but they are sure heading here quickly and bashing MoP.

Actually I am kind of digging on GW2 P2W atm, but I am sure I will appreciate the Panda "plague" on this board before all is said, and done.

GL with it all.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

2»