It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I am a fanboy. I love the game. I've been playing for about 4 months and I don't plan to quit. I've got 2 T8 tanks, several T6 tanks and several more of lesser tiers. I've got one or two of all tanks types: heavy, medium, light, TD and arty. I'm not great at the game, but I enjoy it.
I buy gold to keep a premium account to support the game. I don't buy ammo. Ever. I do not belong to a clan.
But, the game is not for everyone.
This is why I love the game.
1. Tanks. I love tanks. If you don't like tanks, I can't imagine why you would even want to download the game.
2. Variety of play styles. Every tank plays a little differently. Even with tank categories, tanks differ in style. For example, the USA M4 Easy 8 and M4 E2 are both medium tanks of the same tier and both play completely differently.
3. No/few hacks. I realize there are those who play or who have played that believe differently. In 2000 matches, I've been in only 2-3 where someone was accused of hacking. And in those matches, even the guy's teammates didn't support him. There may be occasional glitches but in my experience every questionable circumstance can be explained. There will be those who disagree but it doesn't often seem to come up on the forums either.
4. Slower paced/more methodical. It is not the fast paced, frantic style of play most FPS games have. There's nothing wrong with that style. I just prefer the more methodical pace of WoT.
5. From a game performance perspective, I have no/few issues. No lag. Good FPS.
6. Variety of maps. Tons. And each one plays differently and presents different strategic and tactical approaches.
7. Fairly frequent updates and content additions. New maps and tanks.
8. Tanks. I really love tanks.
Don't get me wrong. I know there are problems with the game. Matchmaker is less than stellar. I've been in my share of 15 to 1 massacres, on both sides of them. However, I also have been in plenty of matches where one team was clearly superior in tank quality lost, because skill trumps tank quality. I've also been in many battles that came down to a nail biting 1 v 1 at the end.
And the game can be really frustrating when you killed outright because of a lucky shot or some small slip up on your part. Especially, when that can mean you lose money on the match or your only a few hundred exp away from the next tank tier.
There are also those who claim the game is P2W. But, I disagree completely. Yes, progress is slower but very possible and people get to high tier tanks without shelling out a dime. It takes patience. Everything in life has a price. In this game, you pay in time and effort for the long haul or pay for a premium account for a slight advantage in time investment.
Anyway, that is my take on the game.
For me, there is nothing like maneuvering a Pershing through a graveyard of smoking husks, the twisted remains of an up close and brutal confrontation between foes. I'm down to about 15% of my health and most of my modules are barely functioning. I'm the lone survivor of this bitter struggle on the eastern side of the battlefield that began and ended when the enemy sent 5 tanks to take the rise we were holding. The funny thing is, the battle isn't really over. The middle and west side of our battlefield is still contested. This was one small contest in the overall struggle.