Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wurm online , Mortal Online or eve online

2»

Comments

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Have you heard of Xsyon? It is a good first sandbox. There are tribal safe areas, Terraforming, Architecture, and various other forms of crafting. It has really good graphics and it doesn't take you an hour to move one section of earth.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Originally posted by Sora2810

You'd be shocked. Eve is actually far from a hardcore mindset. It's a play how you want game. If somethings fun, keep doing it. There's always better ways to make ISK, but fun > ISK. Been playing for weeks now, having an absolute blast.

Don't be afraid about the timeframe that needs sinking. Your skills train based on time. You can log in monday morning, queue up your skills and come back later to actually play. It's not that bad at all.

lets be clear here. you can be as hard core or as easy going as you want in EvE. however IF you want to be major force in the game ( be a major player in one of the big corps for example) you will need to spend A LOT of time playing this game. if, on the other hand you are fine with just being a pawn of intergalactic conflict, helping your favourity corp wher ever you can, you really dont need to commit all that much time to it.

having said that, skills in this game train in real time, so the longer you are subbed to the game the more skills you'll be able to have. you cannot grind skills in this game, you can only wait for them to train. how many skills you have is directly linked to how long you have been subbed to teh game. of course the more skils you get the easier it is to make ISK and eventually you can spend a few hours a week and make enough ISKperweek to buy yourself a monthly pilot license ( which basically lets you play for free).

• PheerMeehPheerMeeh Member Posts: 41

Mortal Online - Great combat system if you like a first person medieval combat kind of system. Free for all open world PVP, along with full loot. Some territory features like building houses and keeps and taxing players who build on your land, etc. Also has an interesting crafting system. Its main feature is definitely PvP though. Game is still very very incomplete though, even though it is released. Pretty good graphics for an Indie game. Population is probably still pretty low though, but I have heard that more people have been playing it recently. If you play this game then it is highly recommended you join a clan or find some friends to play with.

Eve Online - The most complete sandbox out right now IMO, and probably the most succesful so far. The learning curve on this is a little steep, but once you get past it, it gets much easier to understand. Its a fun game to play with other people, but playing alone can get pretty boring at times. If you are into an in-depth futuristic space game with many things to do, then this game is for you.

Wurm Online - Now, I haven't played much of this at all, but it seems like a good game. Seems like you could build and craft pretty much anything in this world. I think theres also some combat. Looks like a very complex game and sounds like a lot of fun once you really get into it.

So if you're into some PvP and territorial wars then Mortal is for you. If you want to fly a ship and do whatever you want then EVE is for you. If you want to craft and build things like mad then Wurm Online is your baby.

• trillgodtrillgod Member Posts: 52

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

Have you heard of Xsyon? It is a good first sandbox. There are tribal safe areas, Terraforming, Architecture, and various other forms of crafting. It has really good graphics and it doesn't take you an hour to move one section of earth.

yes ive tried xsyon and it left a bad taste in my mouth..it wasnt the crafting or none of that turned me off..it was really unstable and laggy when i played it and the animal spawning was absolutely bugged...i was my tribe hunter and i had to roam like 4 hours to find 1 bear a 1 racoon...not my idea of fun

Everyone seems to recommend eve which ill try after i graduate lmao

and for mortal online..can anyone give tips for noobs i just started andi have NO IDEA WHATTO DO lmao

• yafesyafes Member Posts: 11

Played wurm and eve for few years. I can't realy compare them. They have their own taste. Wurm is more like a simulation rather than regular game. If you want to have fun and find something to do, it will not fail you. I have still have a long to do list after so many years of playing. Eve is somewhat pvp or boredom game. If you are not craft freak and wanna run a industrial giant you should go to pvp choice. Then eve shines better than anyone out there. Fleet ops, metagaming, small roams, galactic size historic battles.

Whereas both games have steep learning curve, you get used to game after a certain point, till that time you will have fn with every second of learning experience

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319

Originally posted by trillgod

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

yes ive tried xsyon and it left a bad taste in my mouth..it wasnt the crafting or none of that turned me off..it was really unstable and laggy when i played it and the animal spawning was absolutely bugged...i was my tribe hunter and i had to roam like 4 hours to find 1 bear a 1 racoon...not my idea of fun

Everyone seems to recommend eve which ill try after i graduate lmao

and for mortal online..can anyone give tips for noobs i just started andi have NO IDEA WHATTO DO lmao

Look at these vids for a good start. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCyDQKZPelY and then part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCkp_Wz77P8 As I said before I would move to either Vadda or Bakti for a more nOOb friendly atmosphere.

Edit. And ofc. Ask around for help as well. The help channel are very usefull.

• MarkZimaMarkZima Member UncommonPosts: 17

I'm surprised no one mentioned Perpetuum. It's like small-scale land-based EVE.

• TommiJyurroTommiJyurro Member Posts: 51

You said "noob friendly."  Anyone who has even played fifteen minutes of the EVE free trial will tell you EVE isn't noob friendly.  if you want to play that game, it's like being in the military: grim determination and perseverance are what it takes.  And EVE doesn't have the benefit of Bootcamp.  That being said, it has awesome graphics, awesome gameplay, perhaps the most engaging and active community of any MMO I've played, and help is there if you look.  But, stay away if you don't like PvP.  You are not safe anywhere in New Eden.

Anything new here? Hmmm... Nope. o/