Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: The Dragon Faction

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During last week's Game Developer's Conference, our team had the opportunity to learn a lot more about Funcom's The Secret World. In this second preview, we take a look at the mysterious Dragon Faction. Find out more about the Dragons from The Secret World and then let us know what you think in the comments.

At GDC we had the chance to check out the opening of the Dragon faction for The Secret World from Funcom. While the Illuminati are based in the U.S. and the Templars are based in Europe, the Dragons actually make up The Secret World’s Asia faction. With their home base in Seoul, South Korea, the Dragons have traditions steeped in mystery and ancient lore. The faction has some amazing aspects to it, not to mention an opening scene that will get your blood pressure rising.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's The Secret World: The Dragon Faction.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LetysonLetyson Member Posts: 13

When I did that test way back on the Secret World site I actually ended up agreein with the Dragon faction, so I think I'll stick to them when the game is released :)

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Templars FTW! :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

Truer words have never been spoken.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• zarawerzarawer Member UncommonPosts: 31

lrn2embracescience Illuminati FTW!

• chaod1984chaod1984 Member Posts: 271

Dragons all the way....Templars are too self-righteous and Illuminati are too corporate...I like Chaos in an otherwise over-organized world :)

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

i cant decide. i was looking at dragon because of the setting. but the virtual fellatio kind of creeps me out tbh.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by DannyGlover

i cant decide. i was looking at dragon because of the setting. but the virtual fellatio kind of creeps me out tbh.

Tell me more about this virtual fellatio bit here.... I mean.... WTF?  I am NOT going to be a Templar or Illuminati, but I feel I don't know something about my own faction here that, uhm....perhaps I should.....

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Originally posted by just1opinion

Tell me more about this virtual fellatio bit here.... I mean.... WTF?  I am NOT going to be a Templar or Illuminati, but I feel I don't know something about my own faction here that, uhm....perhaps I should.....

when you choose dragon, you receive oral sex from a woman representing the dragon.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

when you choose dragon, you receive oral sex from a woman representing the dragon.

So i guess my first character is gona be a  chick then.......

Yep its gona be a chick

Originally posted by austriacus

Yep its gona be a chick

/sigh

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

Originally posted by austriacus

Yep its gona be a chick

/sigh

Wait so you were joking? Dam! and if you arent what is with the sight! im 21 years old, i watch indecencies on the internet all the time and hump everything that moves! its the hormones and all that jazz, its not my fault.

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

Illuminati FTW!

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Ahh....I finally saw the video that showed that.  Mhm.  I guess Dragon is the most fitting faction for me in more than one way then.

For those that missed this video and the implied oral sex:

http://www.gamespot.com/the-secret-world/videos/the-secret-world-demo-goes-down-on-gdc-6366329/

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

So let me get this straight..

Dragons are the ambassadors for chaos..so the ambassador for order would be the Templars?

Also, After reading the article it made me wonder about the presentation of stealth in the secret world, it seems fitting for the dragons to have some stealth-ninja like qualities because of the Asian inspired theme, but what of the illuminati? isn't their whole deal deception and secrecy?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

The Dragons will own all :)

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

YEY TEMPLARS! FOR JUSTICE! :D

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• EnlivenEnliven Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by zarawer

lrn2embracescience Illuminati FTW!

Agreed

• WhyspreWhyspre Member UncommonPosts: 64

whatever - we don't care....