Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What should I do in this case? Accidentally put wrong information on Resume

nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219

I had three interviews with this job, I was called back to come a two hour over view to see how I would like the job, they are doing a background check, I received a background check and the background check company said my first job back in 2004 I only worked for one month, I put down I worked there from 2004 to 2006 because I moved to another state and the employer recommended Id work at their call center which they were a client of, come to find out this call center was not apart of their company and a completely different company. I thought this call center still belonged to Sam`s Club. My other two employers I put on the application came out clean but this was a discrepancy back in 2004, I sent an email to HR about the mix up that I put the other employer on the list and gave all the information needed to the background check about that other employer.

Do you think this will stop me from getting the job?

I left a voicemail and sent an Email to the HR lady she has not responded to me yet

Comments

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Difficult to say, if you managed to show that the mistake was an honest one, and the right people got access to the corrected information, it shouldn't hurt you too much.

To be perfectly blunt however, if they were having a difficult time choosing between you and someone else, a little bit of additional uncertainty could easily tip the scales.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• MwynForeverMwynForever Member Posts: 139

Originally posted by nomatics856

I had three interviews with this job, I was called back to come a two hour over view to see how I would like the job, they are doing a background check, I received a background check and the background check company said my first job back in 2004 I only worked for one month, I put down I worked there from 2004 to 2006 because I moved to another state and the employer recommended Id work at their call center which they were a client of, come to find out this call center was not apart of their company and a completely different company. I thought this call center still belonged to Sam`s Club. My other two employers I put on the application came out clean but this was a discrepancy back in 2004, I sent an email to HR about the mix up that I put the other employer on the list and gave all the information needed to the background check about that other employer.

Do you think this will stop me from getting the job?

I left a voicemail and sent an Email to the HR lady she has not responded to me yet

I think it was an honest mistake and hopefully they will see it as such. I'd leave it where it is now, ie not contact them again about it and wait to see if you get the job or no. If you get it great. If you don't, at least you know you can fix the issue for future job applications. Best of luck! :)

One of life's lil hand grenades

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

You should of just left it be - everyone lies on those things, well, everyone employed at least...

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

If they've already offerred you the job, just go and talk to them and tell them what happened, it shouldn't be a big deal.  You have very ltitle to be concerned over unless your new employer are a bunch of legalistic jerks.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.