Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Im going to enjoy watching SWTOR circle the drain

Since Oct 08, I would go to the official forums and read the updates. For 3 years. I would read the lies/bullsht from Bio and get hopefull that this was going to be THE game.

I spent over 150 dollars for the junk CE, and of course money spent on the subs. Bioware advertised their game in graphics NOT EVEN AVAILABLE IN GAME, and then lied about it being a 'bug'. The horrible lagfest in Ilum, broken raids and on and on and on.

All that money spent in this economy, to be lied to and given a craptastic average game. Im going to rather enjoy the dying process this game is going thru.

And dont be fooled, it HAS allready begun...

Karmas a mofo Bioware....

Whatever happened to the IN BIOWARE WE TRUST signatures?

Comments

• trillgodtrillgod Member Posts: 52

damn son... you bitter

probably won't ever go back to tor tho...been a theme park veteran for a while and gettin bored so hittin up some sand boxes

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504

i hope you brought your fire extinguisher

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Yawn.

• PheerMeehPheerMeeh Member Posts: 41

Originally posted by trillgod

damn son... you bitter

probably won't ever go back to tor tho...been a theme park veteran for a while and gettin bored so hittin up some sand boxes

you hb fam?

to op:

i knew this game was going to be mediocre at best. its not a bad game, but its nothing amazing either. at least not to me it isn't. I remember them saying something like "hahahah there won't be any kill 10 rats quest or collect 10 of these quests like them OTHER mmo's ahahha".... LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL BIOWARE YOU FUNNY MANG.

• DillpicklesDillpickles Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by Marchosias31

Since Oct 08, I would go to the official forums and read the updates. For 3 years. I would read the lies/bullsht from Bio and get hopefull that this was going to be THE game.

I spent over 150 dollars for the junk CE, and of course money spent on the subs. Bioware advertised their game in graphics NOT EVEN AVAILABLE IN GAME, and then lied about it being a 'bug'. The horrible lagfest in Ilum, broken raids and on and on and on.

All that money spent in this economy, to be lied to and given a craptastic average game. Im going to rather enjoy the dying process this game is going thru.

I think the part that really chaps my hide is how dishonest BW/EA are. The whole "silent management" routine is getting old. 

Companies need to service customers not view them as the enemy. BW/EA has done nothing but ignore the customer base and use shady practices with a game that was released far from finished.

I too enjoy watching SWTORs die. I found the guild summit thing entertaining considering how dead 99% of the guilds are. I wonder how many people were in these guilds they hosted?

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588

Sad. That's why, in this economy, most people don't waste $150 on pre-ordering a game (with so many underachieving these days), and wait til after release info comes out. If ToR had got even half-way decent player reviews after launch, they would've gained millions more of the smartly sceptical players that waited, and decided not to buy. Kind of a wate to post these types of threads with no info and just bitter disappointment.

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Originally posted by ropenice

Sad. That's why, in this economy, most people don't waste $150 on pre-ordering a game (with so many underachieving these days), and wait til after release info comes out. If ToR had got even half-way decent player reviews after launch, they would've gained millions more of the smartly sceptical players that waited, and decided not to buy. Kind of a wate to post these types of threads with no info and just bitter disappointment.

1st off to the OP, I'm on your side I really am but you asked for it. If you pre-ordered it you have no one to blame but yourself. You and the couple million other people that bought that game before knowing what it will be like at launch.

Just the hype alone was enough to make me sit it out. Nothing but nothing can be as good as they made it out to be. We all knew it's nothing but a WoW clone and that was another reason to sit it out IMO. 2 million people gave gaming companies the green light to keep this crap up.

I was hoping just maybe with development cost of TOR and the crap game that was delivered, people will finally learn to stop being conned by the companies but I see it all happening again with GW2. Same fanboy hype and reviews that suckered everyone into TOR. I do hope GW2 is what they say it is but damn naive to fanboy something that's not released yet. TOR was a lesson for nobody I'm afraid.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Bioware is laughing at these kinds of threads while their 1.7+ million subs are bringing them in quite a bit of $$$$.  Your not fooling anyone with this thread...maybe just making your extremely misinformed mind a little more sane though.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

I honestly don't see this game going anywhere for at least 3 years. My guilds grow from 45, to 125 to 300 plus at this point and still growing. So much so we had to branch into two guilds. If thats not a sign of a healthy game I dont know what is.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Chrisbox

Bioware is laughing at these kinds of threads while their 1.7+ million subs are bringing them in quite a bit of $$$$.  Your not fooling anyone with this thread...maybe just making your extremely misinformed mind a little more sane though.

And those of us intelligent enough to understand marketing spin ( 1.7 million "active subs" is not 1.7 million actual active players ) are laughing back at them and their supporters.

Originally posted by Techleo

I honestly don't see this game going anywhere for at least 3 years. My guilds grow from 45, to 125 to 300 plus at this point and still growing. So much so we had to branch into two guilds. If thats not a sign of a healthy game I dont know what is.

Your server growing is due to other servers dying.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

And those of us intelligent enough to understand marketing spin ( 1.7 million "active subs" is not 1.7 million actual active players ) are laughing back at them and their supporters.

That doesn't really invalidate the comment Chris made y'know.

Bit of a separate issue. Money in is still money in.

That doesn't really make a comment on the status of the players at all as far as whether or not they are happy or playing, just that they are still handing EA/Bioware money.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Originally posted by Techleo

Screenies or it didn't happen image

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334

I personally hope the best for SWTOR, not as a fan of the game, but as someone that is afraid to see the failure rate of MMORPGs steadily climb.  Its only a matter of time before game developers get the message.  Not that we're not willing to deal with substandard games, but that they're not worth risking the finances to develop.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

reported this troll thread.....the title alone says enough.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

You coughed up $150 for a game you obviously hadn't even tried?

Was that really so smart?

Next time, first try the game then buy it if you like it. 9 out of 10 MMOs seems awesome before launch but are a huge dissapointment and you already knew that.

Besides, they didn't lie, they did something called "marketting" and customers shouldn't really trust that.

All MMOs have free trials even if some waits a while before starting them, use them next time.

TOR isn't that bad even if it wasn't the awesome game you expected it to be. But as consumer it is your responsibility to check up on stuff before buying it, you are at fault as much as ea here.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

TOR isnt really that bad, it just has a lot of missing features. I know that i for one won't be returning until they sort out the grouping thing, nothing worse than having to hang around for half hour or more in fleet trying to get a group to do a flashpoint.. or even just for regular gameplay. Though i think i'd probably have to switch servers as shaltin tunnels was a bit underpopulated anyway. image

• LesrachLesrach Member UncommonPosts: 112

Hi all!

I spent my 55 coins on digital preorder. I played semi casually about a month and a half to get to lvl 50 and had a blast!

Now one night out with my friends cost me those 55coins and more.

2 singing classes cost me those 55 coins.

I buy 1.5 times take away for me and my wife with those 55 coins.

To actually play hours every evening for month and a half with 55 coins is well worth the money imo. I do not feel that I was tricked or fooled by Bioware.

Did I want swtor to be a thempark - no, but I think it was very well done themepark game and even quite polished at launch for MMORPG standards.

Was I happy the end game lacked content - no, but what game has had tons of end game content at launch, feels people are comparing the end game in swtor to the games that have allready had years to create it.

Sadly in every themepark in the endgame I end up sitting in queue for pvp-instas.... swtor, rift, wow, WAR, AoC... maybe it's time for Sandbox games and here's my wish list for Sandbox :)

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/344162/What-I-would-love-to-see-in-future-Sanbox.html

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718

SWTOR does not have 1.7+ paying subs and never did have.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Give in to your anger. Choose Dark Side today.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Blame your self, long before the launch it was known that this game will have linear level based progression jumping from planet to planet untill you are max level, the PvP was confirmed to be an afterthought before launch and the game generally very similar to WoW when it comes to gameplay. There's not that much room left for imagination unless you're a fool. All I'm saying, "we" knew what it's going to be, that's why I didnt expect it to be anykind of jesus game, did not get dissapointed and I'm able to enjoy it for what it is untill something better comes along, heck, maybe they can even add enough to the game for a couple of comebacks or semi active long term relation if those other games that are actually expected to be somekind of jesus games blows.

Bugs and broken raids, unbalanced classes, etc, that's what you get in every single mmorpg out there, if you dont want that, stop playing mmorpgs.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Loke666

You coughed up $150 for a game you obviously hadn't even tried?

Was that really so smart?

Next time, first try the game then buy it if you like it. 9 out of 10 MMOs seems awesome before launch but are a huge dissapointment and you already knew that.

Besides, they didn't lie, they did something called "marketting" and customers shouldn't really trust that.

All MMOs have free trials even if some waits a while before starting them, use them next time.

TOR isn't that bad even if it wasn't the awesome game you expected it to be. But as consumer it is your responsibility to check up on stuff before buying it, you are at fault as much as ea here.

Well said.  It is also a consumers responsibility to look PAST marketing hype and personal expectations and really get a good look at the product.  By doing so I was able to keep my own personal expectations realistic, something the OP obviously did not do.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• echose7enechose7en Member UncommonPosts: 55

The only thing that annoyed me was the advertising with high ress graphics that you can not get in game, and the fact they are still advertising the game that looks better than what you actually get.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Dying? Hardly. The game still has close to 1.7 million subs. If the game goes down to 1million subs it will still be the 2nd biggest MMO. Losing subs, maybe in a few months depending on how 1.2 goes.. The game is no where close to dying though, that is just wishful thinking. People thought the same about Rift and it is doing quite well for itself. When the game stops producing bug fix patches and content patches you come back to me and let me know. 

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Im laughing it took you so much time to realise that this game is going bad.

I just played the first month i saw the updates they had in the first month and how many bugs the game had and i realised that this game is not going to succeed.

Not even thinking resubing i better spent those money on wow.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

You might want to let the 1.7 million people playing it know that it is circling the drain. With the content they are cranking out, free trials now, and it being Star Wars, it isn't going anywhere anytime soon....sorry to disappoint you. I do agree with the CE comment though. I was disappointed in what I got for my $150.00

This discussion has been closed.