Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 PvP: Warrior, Necromancer OR Elementalist?

toadboy96toadboy96 Member Posts: 2

PvP is my favorite part of any MMO, but i'm still trying to decide which class I want to play and mostly PvP with, and I would love opinions.

Warrior: I always played a warrior in WoW, for about 6 years, I loved it. But always that frost mage would kite you down when you missed a snare or a slow, and when your charge was on cooldown, and ude get slowed by a ranged class and be unable to do anything but take the blows and eventually die. I don't really know if I want to be a warrior after ive looked at some videos and discussion, because with the massive battles it would be safer to sit in the pack flinging spells,  instead of just running into a crowd and getting focused down as a melee. Not to mention Warriors always have the most badass armor.

Necromancer: These look strong in PvP, with the death shroud ability buffing your health, and the massive life drain and life steal/healing abilities and debuffs makes this class quite strong and looks fun. I am seriously thinking of a Necro over a warrior.

Elementalist: This looks pretty neat, being able to switch attunements for different skill sets like earth for armor and protection, air for damage/stuns, water for healing, and fire for damage. Seems quite viable and PvP and unsure if it would be better than a necro or a warrior.

What do you guys think? Opinions are welcome :)

Comments

• taylor2144taylor2144 Member Posts: 64

if you like warrios, i say go warrior. Because they look like a lot of fun in GW2, a lot more interactive than warriors in past MMO's

• GeekieDaveGeekieDave Member Posts: 41

I'm going to stick with my Warrior love from Guild Wars to Guild Wars 2. I'm also stoked to see the PvE side of things. Either way this game should be fun. I've been having a blast in Guild Wars

Be sure to subscribe to Worlds Edge Gaming:
    www.youtube.com/worldsedgegaming

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I'm personally rolling an Ele just for PVP, because they look extremely versatile as opposed to the Necro who I think I'd get bored with quickly.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

It looks like warriors will be pretty standard fare in pvp, Necros will be a pain in the ass(just like mesmers) and Ele's will probably be very deadly.

For me personally its either a Sin or a Mesmer for PvP.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Play them all, because the way Guild Wars 2 is set up, it makes it so easy for players to try PvP'ing with whatever they want. Without the need to grind levels or gear, there is nothing stopping you from trying them all and seeing which one best fits you.

• toadboy96toadboy96 Member Posts: 2

Interesting replies, thanks guys, I will try them all out. But which wuold you choose out of the 3 and why? :)

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by Master10K

Play them all, because the way Guild Wars 2 is set up, it makes it so easy for players to try PvP'ing with whatever they want. Without the need to grind levels or gear, there is nothing stopping you from trying them all and seeing which one best fits you.

Why this make me think of Kevin Hart I have no clue but the way my bank account is set up, I put the checkings in the savings and they take the savings out...

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

This makes me wish they'd add a "PvP character slot" that would allow you to create a character that can only be used in structured PvP, but is automatically deleted after logging out. I know a lot of people will leave a slot open for this purpose, but this could speed up the process by skipping appearance customization, the biography, and the tutorial. It'd basically be the same thing they had in one of the demos.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• FailtrainFailtrain Member Posts: 129

Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

This makes me wish they'd add a "PvP character slot" that would allow you to create a character that can only be used in structured PvP, but is automatically deleted after logging out. I know a lot of people will leave a slot open for this purpose, but this could speed up the process by skipping appearance customization, the biography, and the tutorial. It'd basically be the same thing they had in one of the demos.

That just seems silly. I mean I doubt enough people would actually like this idea. A dedicated PvP slot? That sounds good, but not having it deleted.

Anyway I'm picking Necro over Ele and Warrior. Why? They just look cool. Everything about them, especially their abilities! IMO haha.

Originally posted by toadboy96

Interesting replies, thanks guys, I will try them all out. But which wuold you choose out of the 3 and why? :)

My first character would be an Elementalist, because it's incredibly versitile and a good profession to learn the game, as it can be played in so many ways.

Or you can simply buy enough character slots so that you can have one of every profession, if you like every profession. I know a good amount of players will do this, especially the PvP'ers. A good PvP'er will learn the capabilities of a profession by using it him/herself.

• arjiarji Member UncommonPosts: 93

Elementalist = Many options couse of the 4 attuments. But only 1 weapon to use every time. Ranged. In general seems boring to me

Warrios = 2 weapo swaps every time. Can do everything. You can be a mobile warrior, a warrior that does dmg or a warrior that harash ppl with bashes and knockbacks/knockdowns.

Necro = The only class that has AoE fear atm. Something very strong especially for PvP. Also many pets, up to six ( you can sacrifice and teleport to one of them. I am not really fun of DoT's and poisons tho.

If i had to choose from these 3. Warrior for me but ...

I ll start with mesmer and then guardian ( i dont like paladins in other games).

• MwynForeverMwynForever Member Posts: 139

Or you can simply buy enough character slots so that you can have one of every profession, if you like every profession. I know a good amount of players will do this, especially the PvP'ers. A good PvP'er will learn the capabilities of a profession by using it him/herself.

image yep. Best way to recognise what spell/skill is being used is to use it yourself. You never know, you might even come to enjoy a profession you hadn't considered in the process :)

One of life's lil hand grenades

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

Originally posted by Eir_S

I'm personally rolling an Ele just for PVP, because they look extremely versatile as opposed to the Necro who I think I'd get bored with quickly.

They have to be , because when it comes to hitpoints and armour together they are the weakest class of all. Its the only class to both have the scholars low armour (with necro and mesmer) and be in the low hitpoint tier (with thief and guardian). What they do, has a big impact , and have to have it because off the vulnerbility without.

Ele is the class where you might have to use your skills most reactive to what you are up against simply to survive long enough.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

elementalists unite!

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • MsengeMsenge Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by arji

Elementalist = Many options couse of the 4 attuments. But only 1 weapon to use every time. Ranged. In general seems boring to me

Warrios = 2 weapo swaps every time. Can do everything. You can be a mobile warrior, a warrior that does dmg or a warrior that harash ppl with bashes and knockbacks/knockdowns.

Necro = The only class that has AoE fear atm. Something very strong especially for PvP. Also many pets, up to six ( you can sacrifice and teleport to one of them. I am not really fun of DoT's and poisons tho.

If i had to choose from these 3. Warrior for me but ...

I ll start with mesmer and then guardian ( i dont like paladins in other games).

I think the thief profession can steal an item from a necro and gain a mass fear as well.

• komobokomobo Member Posts: 144

Also, remember that the warrior is not restricted to staying in melee range all the time and take blow after blow when rooted or snared by ranged. Warriors have access to rifles and long bows, one deal with ranged single target damage and the other with ranged aoe dmg/effects. So while the warrior's ranged arsenal may not be your preferred means of attack, you are certainly not lacking in that respect. GW2 seems very dynamic in that regard since all classes are equipped with tools to handle melee and ranged combat, some better than others naturally.

But like a poster mentioned, GW2 offers ample opportunity to try out the different classes at max level due to being boosted to maximum level with all class skills/weapons unlocked when participating in battlegrounds (structured pvp). So deciding on which class to be your main has never been easier...besides from the fact that most of the classes look pretty damn awesome! :)

* Waves at Pushkina *

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

Originally posted by timeraider

elementalists unite!

This is 2 elementalists fist bumping

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."