Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: First Beta Invites Sent

Comments

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Originally posted by landzia

i got invitation :-D

1st post you write on mmorpg.com and you already broke the GW2 NDA :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Originally posted by considebalt

If I don't get an invite I'll just wait until Jul 10th, pre-order the Digital CE and get into all other beta events after that /problemsolved

20 additional dollars for some temporary items seems kinda silly to me.

• considebaltconsidebalt Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by kadepsyson

If I don't get an invite I'll just wait until Jul 10th, pre-order the Digital CE and get into all other beta events after that /problemsolved

10 aditional dollars, powers for flare and continued use (A wolf summon, a charr miniature pet and a mobile bank) and 3 early days of game time ^_^.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Well, it's not temporary, the minipet is permanent, wolf pet is permanent, item with attributes is permanent... ;)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• RipclawRipclaw Member UncommonPosts: 190

20 more dollars?? Just get the digital standard edition and you'll still get into beta, 3 days early play before launch, and the "Hero's Band" stats bonus item, all for $60.

But even if you did get the next one up, at least 4 of the 5  items added with that one are much better then just cosmetic bonuses. Unlike some other game's uped editions. Blizzard, I'm looking at you. >:(

Was so hoping for a better D3 Collectors Edition.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by sumo0

congratz to all you people who got the invite!

They said beta invites will be sent out.

• defecteddefected Member UncommonPosts: 24

1st keys arriving on ebay... (:

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Betakodo

What if... No one got one and they're only giving them to people who pre-purchase. OoohH can't talk about being invited to the beta, that's a first. I wonder why?

Any beta with an NDA wouldn't let you announce your involvement in the beta, it isn't a first time practise.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

*Checks his inbox and junk*.

Lies......

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by BizkitNL

*Checks his inbox and junk*.

Lies......

right!. because if they really sent out invites I would have one, Don't you Arenanet know who i am!

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Originally posted by defected

1st keys arriving on ebay... (:

Most of which will be totally bogus .

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by korent1991

Well, it's not temporary, the minipet is permanent, wolf pet is permanent, item with attributes is permanent... ;)

Hero's band is for pre-purchase of any type.  Only the minipet and elite skill are permanent, which is fairly underwhelming for 20 dollars.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by xKingdomx

What if... No one got one and they're only giving them to people who pre-purchase. OoohH can't talk about being invited to the beta, that's a first. I wonder why?

Any beta with an NDA wouldn't let you announce your involvement in the beta, it isn't a first time practise.

Standard beta NDA is you can say "there is a beta test and I am in it"... there have been very few if any MMO beta's that I can remember that were different than that.

Based on the facebook comment unless they change their NDA by the 10th of April... anyone who says they pre-ordered would be removed from beta.   Why?   Because anyone that pre-orders will be in the beta events.. and the guy just said you can't comment on your beta status.

So they may want to rethink that one.

• maxiime223maxiime223 Member Posts: 94

if it was true, you'd get it revoked anyway.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by maxiime223

if it was true, you'd get it revoked anyway.

Yeah because ANet are going to be able to track a poster on a third party forum who created the account just for the sake of being anonymous (1st post....).

I have close friends who got in, but I havent recieved an email yet :(

• oddbat1334oddbat1334 Member Posts: 33

Not to mention they have your computer specs, in addition to the IP and location you applied from.

• ToS-DrakemorToS-Drakemor Member Posts: 18

what everyone shoud be doing is preparing for the NDA lift.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Originally posted by NBlitz

People too dumb to post on Twitter or FB or wherever else that they got into beta, with their real life identities readily available, should not cry when their beta invitation is revoked by ArenaNet.

where is the relevance for this comment?  are you lost?

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

oh and by the way, you can say whatever you want BEFORE You accept an nda, including the fact that you've been invited to it.  geezus think.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,177

Originally posted by Antarious

Based on the facebook comment unless they change their NDA by the 10th of April... anyone who says they pre-ordered would be removed from beta.   Why?   Because anyone that pre-orders will be in the beta events.. and the guy just said you can't comment on your beta status.

But just because you pre-order does not mean you have to enter the beta. You get a key just like anyone else. So pre-order does not equal entering the beta. Big change you will, but your not forced to join the beta :P

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by Antarious

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Standard beta NDA is you can say "there is a beta test and I am in it"... there have been very few if any MMO beta's that I can remember that were different than that.

So they may want to rethink that one.

the next beta coming in .. the NDA Still up. but  if pre-purchase the game on 10th of april  all Beta weekend event, the NDA is drop.

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Where's my beta key!!!? Arenanet.. !

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

You wont get into any guild wars 2 beta or pre ordering if you wait for July 10, its April 10.