Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[POLL] Which MMO has the best end game content?

ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

You will have to agree that most MMO's (all that I have played) really lacks in end game content. Which game do you feel has the best end game content? Obviously I missed some on this list, so that is why "other" is one of your choices. Please state the reason why you chose your answer.

*If you choose other, please list your choice*

Comments

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

EvE Online

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

Out of the games I've played, DAoC has the best end game content.

1. RvR with objectives that actually can be capturable and can affect the world

2. Massive Raids

3. Champion Levels

4. Realm Ranks

5. Master Levels

6. Artifacts (rare and hard to level up)

7. Housing

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by nate1980

2. Massive Raids

3. Champion Levels

4. Realm Ranks

5. Master Levels

7. Housing

That is one game that I have not tried. Does it have anything for the non PvPer?

oh...and thanks for the detailed response

• musicmannmusicmann Member UncommonPosts: 1,095

None

Give me a real mmorpg that has social/community systems that has player interdependency from first log in that allows players to do what they want when they want and not be scooted along on predefine rails. Content should be there at any stage of the game and the best content is when the players are the ones that contol and make it.

Originally posted by musicmann

None

Give me a real mmorpg that has social/community systems that has player interdependency from first log in that allows players to do what they want when they want and not be scooted along on predefine rails. Content should be there at any stage of the game and the best content is when the players are the ones that contol and make it.

So a good sandbox for you huh? I agree...I miss SWG so bad and I hope Archeage isn't a big letdown. I miss the fact that I could leave my house in SWG and head out and explore anywhere I wanted.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

Originally posted by Gardavsshade

EvE Online

This. ^

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

god what a horrible list, sad part is i own most of those games what a waste of money.......

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

my vote would of been FFXI, i haven't played a game since that had so much stuff that you could do at end game. it almost seemd as the game really didnt start untill i hit max level

Edit. so i piced other

Originally posted by bigsmiff

2. Massive Raids

3. Champion Levels

4. Realm Ranks

5. Master Levels

7. Housing

That is one game that I have not tried. Does it have anything for the non PvPer?

oh...and thanks for the detailed response

The game is a shadow of its former self due to its age and WoW's success. You used to group up and grind mobs from lvl 1-50, but now they have quests to level up off of. Leveling used to take several months to a year to achieve max level, now it's done within a week.

There's plenty of content for a PvE player. They even have/had a PvE server where all 3 realms can play with each other, and instead of taking castles and stuff from players, you take it from PvE mobs. But most people these days that have stuck around probably have stuck around for the RvR. I can't be sure though, since I haven't played in years and I don't know the minds of other people.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

SWG originally was best to me

DaoC 2nd place

Eve Online also great endgame

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Is there a none of the above option? Or is that the Other?

All of those games are similar in their end game design (although I haven't played DCUO so can't comment on that) and that type of game is so tiresome. Give me player created and generated content every time.

If you depend on the developer to spoon feed you content for the end game, it's a problem.

• mwforrestmwforrest Member UncommonPosts: 14

Definitely WoW. At end-game there is a lot of raid options ranging from 25-mans to 10 mans that you do with your guild. You can do these on normal or heroic modes for extra challenge. In addition to that, if you don't have a lot of time to raid (like me) then they have the new looking for raid tool which lets you experience a dumbed down version of the raids -very quickly- (I get into a raid within a few minutes of queueing). So thats a cool way to experience raids and to gear up for normal/heroic raids that you do with a guild. 

In addition to raids there are a ton of end-game dungeons that increment in difficulty and reward which will slowly ease you into the newest dungeons that just came in patch 4.3. 

Another addition to 4.3 is the new Darkmoon faire and Transmorgification which will give you yet another array of goals to shoot for. 

There is of course the PvP side of things, with tons of BGs to play and also the competitive Arena ladders anyone who is serious about PvP will find plenty of opponents there. 

If combat isn't your thing, playing the Auction house can be quite entertaining. A fun goal is to start with maybe 1-5 gold and see how much you can make just by buying and reselling on the AH. 

Also there is usually a group in Goldshire that RP who you can either tease because you don't like RP, or RP becaue you do like RP, or gank because your horde... much opportunity there. 

Just around the corner is the MoP expansion which will offer pet battles, so in the mean time you can go out and start collecting as many pets as possible. Also for those who like PvP MoP will be offering Dota and murderball styled BGs. 

In conclusion WoW has a lot to offer at the end game. Many will argue that it is too easy, and to some extent I agree. It is possible to do a lot and attain a lot in WoW in a very short amount a time but for people like me who only have 1-2 hours a night (if even that) it is nice that I can actually make progress. While much of the content is "easy" I would argue that they've done a good job scaling difficulty such that getting the very best of the best stuff isn't quite as easy. For example, to get the best PvP gear you have to be a really good Arena player or to get the best raid gear you have to have a really healthy guild with a lot of good players who can cooperate and work as a team. To get all the pets "You have to be the very best! That no one ever was! Dun dun da dun!" ehm. Anyway you get the point. 

Anyone who thinks there is nothing to do in the end-game with WoW is probably just burnt out because WoW is all they've had for the past 7 years. Everyone says they want a sandbox with no rails.etc People are just burnt out on this type of MMO, thats all. They want a Minecraft MMO essentially. They want an environment in which they can express themselves to the fullest, with no limitations. And that is totally understandable! But of the currently released MMOs, I think WoW offers the most content.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

SWG (r.i.p)

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• caractaccaractac Member UncommonPosts: 11

SWG was (and it looks like always will be) my #1. They have just not made a game to match it and the way things are going they never will.

I am referring to the first game to go by that title, not the fiasco they forced down our throats several years after launch.

Now I play AoC, at least that game like some others I will not mention *cough* WoW *cough* does not come with training wheels.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    If a game has "endgame" I don't usually bother with the grind to get there.

Originally posted by DJJazzy

Did you even read the description? If your choice isn't listed, choose other and put your choice. I thought I was pretty specific.

Originally posted by caractac

SWG was (and it looks like always will be) my #1. They have just not made a game to match it and the way things are going they never will.

I am referring to the first game to go by that title, not the fiasco they forced down our throats several years after launch.

Now I play AoC, at least that game like some others I will not mention *cough* WoW *cough* does not come with training wheels.

SWG was my first MMO and will always be my favorite.

And, I agree with your WoW comment totally. I used to love that game, but it has gone downhill so bad. I just wasted a 60 day gamecard last night on it. I logged in for about 20 minutes and decided that I may never go back to it. It's a shame too...I have devoted a lot of time to that game.

Did you even read the description? If your choice isn't listed, choose other and put your choice. I thought I was pretty specific.

I choose none

I choose none

Fair enough then. I can respect that choice...and can somewhat agree with you.

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298

ffxi pre abyssea had so much stuff to do at lvl 75. 

I suppose I should qualify my statement. I hate the idea of the endgame. If there was something like what I described earlier than I would have chosen that game.

• MathizsiasMathizsias Member UncommonPosts: 16

Originally posted by Gardavsshade

EvE Online

QFT

And, I agree with your WoW comment totally. I used to love that game, but it has gone downhill so bad. I just wasted a 60 day gamecard last night on it. I logged in for about 20 minutes and decided that I may never go back to it. It's a shame too...I have devoted a lot of time to that game.

After unsubbing from SWTOR and missing an open world feel, I resubbed to WoW but after 15 min of grabbing and doing quests, I logged out and will never log back in again. I'm just tired to death of quest grinding.

After unsubbing from SWTOR and missing an open world feel, I resubbed to WoW but after 15 min of grabbing and doing quests, I logged out and will never log back in again. I'm just tired to death of quest grinding.

Those dailes and the same old dungeon runs are horrible aren't they? I am truly surprised that a juggernaut team like Blizzard hasn't come up with something amazing to satisfy end gamers.

• DemenshaDemensha Member UncommonPosts: 76

UO for me. No other game to date even comes close to the end game content, that includes EVE which runs 2nd IMO.