Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera FFA Partial Loot Server

Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

On the official En Masse forums there is a thread going around in the PvP section about implementing a more Hardcore server ruleset. En Masse is open to all  kinds of idea's when it comes to its players choice, so I thought I would get people's opinions here, and maybe link it to the En Masse Forums as well.

The server ruleset would be partial loot, dropping everything in your bag that isnt soulbound or quested items. All gold in bag is dropped as well.

We are pushing for more things then just the Partial Loot. We want to re-instate the Jailing system got taken out earlier this year ect. The thread is here if your interested in getting involved in that conversation as well:

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/player-vs-player/topics/Please-implement-a-Hardcore-PVP-server

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

Comments

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Not a bad idea, a server for those who like this style. However game need some minor adjestment to make it work, like the riducules amount of power difference by just 1 lvl.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I think its a good idea to have different servers with different rules.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Sorry folks, but im not gonna pay $15 a month to get ganked and loose my stuff.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA

Originally posted by Mannish

I think its a good idea to have different servers with different rules.

well there need a limit or else community get split up way to much XD but ya just 1 FFA loot server, any more and there won't be enough people to loot =P and everyone should get a 1 week grace period at the start, just so peopel can get started with the game and not get farmed starting from lvl 11 by people who have a head start.

Originally posted by Elsabolts

What part of having choice on what server you want to play that you dont understand? We are talking about a server having the ruleset and not the entire game.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I had to say no because

A, I wouldn't play it.

But ...

B, as much as I'm for alternate rulesets I'm not for it if it dilutes the efforts of the developers or if it dilutes the community.

I really dont' think Tera will be a "huge" hit. I think it iwll be a hit among the people willing to play it. Now, how many players is that?

Because then there are people who not only want a role play server but a pvp role player server. Now how about a pvp roleplay server wiht full loot?

At one point do they take community and slice it up into too many slices too make any server worth while?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

I agree that the power level difference between a lvl 30 and lvl 32 is drastic. But I never felt like I stood no chance against that level 32 as a level 30. Most of the difference comes from gear as well, not really the level itself unless new abilities are granted.

But I agree, that it is a problem that could be adressed by a server with this ruleset. This is more a thread to see if people outside the main forums on En Masse would be interested in something like this.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

What part of having choice on what server you want to play that you dont understand? We are talking about server having the ruleset and not the entire game.

Never gonna happen because of work involved setting the idea up !

MAGA

What part of having choice on what server you want to play that you dont understand? We are talking about server having the ruleset and not the entire game.

Never gonna happen because of work involved setting the idea up !

Not true, the mechanics are already there to put it in place. Every item already has a icon for when its dropped. The FFA is already in place as it is on PvP servers. It would be a matter of manipulating very little code to actually allow the items to drop upon death.

I would roll on the server if this only applied to Reds that have gained a certain about of karma points. People that just go around killing over and over and over should drop everything when somebody finally takes them down.

I would role on the server if this only applied to Reds that have gained a certain about of karma points. People that just go around killing over and over and over should drop everything when somebody finally takes them down.

What would be the point of going out and ganking then, knowing all your doing is debuffing yourself really. Your rewarding the people you gank, because later there just gonna get a group of people together to kill you later.

Not to mention gankers are not going to travel and gank with inventory items. Before they start PKing, there gonna bank all there items.

I will not be the one Ganking. I am killing the Ganker and if I know he will drop all his gear and armor I would PK hunt all day long.

What I meant was, what would be the point of actually going out and ganking? You aren't getting anything out of it while if you get killed your dropping all your stuff.

I am getting what ever the PKer is has. How can you be a PKer if dont have gear? Maybe you have not played a game like this but I have. Lineage 2 use to be like this back in the day Reds would drop weapons and armor if they had over 5 PKs. They would not drop everything they was carring but they would drop something.

I remember I was red and got chased out of town by another red. I ran him far away from town and managed to get away. I quickly logged my alt toon and ran back out there and found him still out there looking for me. Killed him and he dropped a +12 Carnage Bow which was worth alot back in the day. This type of action is not for everybody but it is for me.

I am getting what ever the PKer is has. How can you be a PKer if dont have gear? Maybe you have not played a game like this but I have. Lineage 2 use to be like this back in the day Reds would drop weapons and armor if they had over 5 PKs. They would not drop everything they was carring but they would drop something.

I remember I was red and got chased out of town by another red. I ran him far away from town and managed to get away. I quickly logged my alt toon and ran back out there and found him still out there looking for me. Killed him and he dropped a +12 Carnage Bow which was worth alot back in the day. This type of action is not for everybody but it is for me.

I played L2 as well and liked that system in that game. Unfortunately Tera isnt as wide open as L2 is, its more condensed with safe zones everywhere. (That is another thing we are trying to get rid of on the Hardcore server, turning safe zones into guarded zones.)

While in L2 you were taking a risk by going red, in tera you would just be commiting suicide.  So you really can't compare the two games. I think equal opportunity to get gear if your ganking or being ganked is the best way to do it. I guess you didnt play Darkfall or Mortal or UO. The system would be more akin to those games then L2. More so Darkfall and MO for its aim based combat.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

I vote maybe, I probably wouldn't play on it but there is always a chance and it would also be depending on what my guildies think.

However I think making more server types is a bad idea, chopping the community up into little pieces is never a good idea.

They already added RP servers and probably will add an RPPvP server before launch, now we have the basic four server types and I don't think we need more.

Originally posted by Pivotelite

I vote maybe, I probably wouldn't play on it but there is always a chance and it would also be depending on what my guildies think.

However I think making more server types is a bad idea, chopping the community up into little pieces is never a good idea.

They already added RP servers and probably will add an RPPvP server before launch, now we have the basic four server types and I don't think we need more.

I understand all that, thats why I asked the question. Wanted to see the reception it would get.

Nah, never played Mortal or Darkfall so dont know much about them. As I said though if the system is like Lineage 2 then I will play it. There are always going to be people that play games that dont give a damn and will take the risk of going red because its what they get off on. As for the safe zones they do need to go.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I wouldn't since on these pvp servers its like 95% coward gankers who'll run from anyone their own level, and 5% real pvpers, there is just to much greifing on pvp servers and adding the chance for you to drop stuff in your inv is worse, there is a reason why games like darkfall, MO etc have failed hard, and the full looting is partially why. Now if they did it like battlestar galatica online where you get better than npc loot off a killed player I can roll with that. I also hope they never implement pvp earnable gear, everyone should have to raid for their shit it keeps pvp more balance and it allows pve people to try pvp as well without having insufficent gear to do so. This is whyd aoc was so successful, before the spellcrafting or whatever everyone would raid for their gear, giving pvp experts and new comers a equil advantage gearwise. It brought alot of people who were pve only into trying pvp.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Originally posted by Pivotelite

I agree, now if it were to go FTP with item shops or all servers, or you had a pvp on or off button i would concider.

MAGA
  • AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

I doubt that I would.   However, if there is enough interest for a server like that... obviously I think it would be a good thing if the developers support it.

Having a choice to play on a server type.. is just that a choice.

The only real issue would be if long term interest was not enough.   Simply because at some point the server would face a merger and then lose its rule set.

The only way *I* would ever play a loot on death MMO again... would be if it was very similar to Ultima Online.   Meaning that knowing how the game works has more effect on combat... then being a lemming that can follow a group/raid through content for the "I win" gear.

Along with a crafting system like UO... where I could fully craft all my own gear and have multiple kits in my bank.. just like UO.

Games with a design like Tera in my opinion don't really support "loot on death".   So that's why *I* wouldn't play there but as I said... I don't have any objection if the devs decide to open such a server.  (I would think it was great for the people who wanted it).

Originally posted by Antarious

I doubt that I would.   However, if there is enough interest for a server like that... obviously I think it would be a good thing if the developers support it.

Having a choice to play on a server type.. is just that a choice.

The only real issue would be if long term interest was not enough.   Simply because at some point the server would face a merger and then lose its rule set.

The only way *I* would ever play a loot on death MMO again... would be if it was very similar to Ultima Online.   Meaning that knowing how the game works has more effect on combat... then being a lemming that can follow a group/raid through content for the "I win" gear.

Along with a crafting system like UO... where I could fully craft all my own gear and have multiple kits in my bank.. just like UO.

Games with a design like Tera in my opinion don't really support "loot on death".   So that's why *I* wouldn't play there but as I said... I don't have any objection if the devs decide to open such a server.  (I would think it was great for the people who wanted it).

If tera had  a combat system like Rift I could understand, but it is aimbased. Even though you have the full tier set of gear if your terrible your going to die to the guy that is super good at his class. They have a full blown political system as well and GvG battles ect. I wish I could get another game like UO, but until then I will settle for whatever I can find.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I voted "Maybe"

If I rolled on that type of server I would need to know what exactly i was getting into as far as rules and if the population would be high enough to make it worth it.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Originally posted by stayontarget

I voted "Maybe"

If I rolled on that type of server I would need to know what exactly i was getting into as far as rules and if the population would be high enough to make it worth it.

Everyone is flagged for PvP. Friendly fire is on pretty much except for people in your party and in your guild.

If you die, you drop the items in your inventory except quested and soulbound items. (No equiped items, as that would cause to much whining.)

No safe zones for PK's (people that are red). No safe zones in general. Instead guarded zones that attack PK's on sight. Not so overpowered that you get one shot.

Perhaps an Outlaw den set in each area for respawns and merchants/bankers and training.

Everything else would just be normal from the other servers.

Aside from the jailing system. If you know anything about Tera, it has  a full blown political system, where people in charge of regions set taxes and guard numbers ect. They would also now have the power to put bounties on players that have gone red in there area (aquired a certain amount of infamy points). If caught by a guard, they are put in jail for a certain amount of time. They have a chance of breaking out of jail as well. Similar to ArcheAge's system I suppose.

(this was an original system that was coming with launch, that got shelved due to complaining)

Jail system won't work because its down time from a game. the last thing you want to do as a mmorpg is to keep people from playing. Also because no play belong to 1 speicaly zone, you can't really claim any right to jail them.