Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera: Does It Stand A Chance?

Comments

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

No.

People who don't plan to play the game have made it their life mission to tarnish the game any way possible while overhyping other games they've yet to play themselves.

• GanatharGanathar Member Posts: 143

Originally posted by NBlitz

No.

People who don't plan to play the game have made it their life mission to tarnish the game any way possible while overhyping other games they've yet to play themselves.

Yeah, there are people who are like that, but I have to say that this game has been expiriencing some kind of backwards trend in regards to negativity. MMO's are usually overhyped before release and then they get bashed real hard, but TERA has been bashed for a real long time now because it's Korean and the bashing that occurs now that the beat has started seems to actually be less than it was last year.

Just an observation that i made.

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

Originally posted by NBlitz

No.

Life mission? lol You give this game too much credit. People just tell it how it is and fans try to ignore the truth then instantly say that anyone who says anything negative against TERA must be a GW2 fan. No different then people who were all about WAR, AOC, LOTRO, and Aion who blamed the WoW fans.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

There is a block function available btw, it helps decluttering the forums from nonsense and when used properly helps keep the threads on track too.

No need to defend yourselves from unreasonable people, just do what you'd do in an actual mmorpg and ignore them.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

i only used block against gold spammer, idk i learn to ignore pretty well w/o having to use block, but thats coz of real life experience. Idk i enjoy reading forum, be useful or not but thats just me =X

• GeekieDaveGeekieDave Member Posts: 41

So I wanted to ask, Out of everyone who posted in the thread, Who's all going to be participate in the next beta?

Be sure to subscribe to Worlds Edge Gaming:
    www.youtube.com/worldsedgegaming

• GanatharGanathar Member Posts: 143

Originally posted by GeekieDave

So I wanted to ask, Out of everyone who posted in the thread, Who's all going to be participate in the next beta?

I am going to participate as I have pre-ordered this game quite a while ago. I haven't played much because I have some RL issues and don't want to play much of the game before it comes out, but it is pretty fun for me.

Originally posted by Ganathar

<>

Yeah, there are people who are like that, but I have to say that this game has been expiriencing some kind of backwards trend in regards to negativity. <>

So if what you call the backwards trend continues, then it does stand a chance. Thanks to other posts people have made about the game, made other people (sceptic because of negativity) go get the game or get a key to try it out. A larger portion of them have been pleasantly surprised.

So yes, I hope that continues :) It's a fun game and all it needs is more support from its community. More support from community = more support from the devs, no?

Originally posted by Xasapis

There is a block function available btw, it helps decluttering the forums from nonsense and when used properly helps keep the threads on track too.

<>

I wouldn't be reading this thread had it not been for it. image It was clear to me some "posters" have an agenda. Or I may be giving them too much credit and they're simply attention whores. There are people like that.

• GeekieDaveGeekieDave Member Posts: 41

I'm going to be playing this game for sure but I just want to make sure that they plan on releasing future content and maybe have the dev's listen to to the community a little more like others have been

Be sure to subscribe to Worlds Edge Gaming:
    www.youtube.com/worldsedgegaming

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

I'm going to be playing this game for sure but I just want to make sure that they plan on releasing future content and maybe have the dev's listen to to the community a little more like others have been

EME seems to be getting that and a lot of other things right.  During each CBT and leading up to the next CBT are forums for testing feedback.  They also have TERA Answers, where you can post and track questions which EME employees are known to answer.

They have a surprising amount of authority changing and tweaking NA TERA so I hope as well as you do they keep up the good work after release.  I see no reason why they wouldn't with all the competition about.

Just not worth my time anymore.

That's why Frogster and En Masse have forums.

Anyone claiming to want to "help" while passive-aggressively kicking the game and making sure more people don't give the game a second look should be posting on the official forums.

In no way is my post taking an aim at you. I'm only using what you said first and carrying on from there.

• cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135

The games going to release with the 60 level cap and all dungeons etc that its Korean counter part has, there will be no lack of content. 

As for future content theres alot of info out there already to find , the main one that gets me excited is the introduction of Server V Server wars. However when that is i don't know .

If you want info off a Korean Tera player head over to twitch tv theres loads that stream K-Tera and have a vast knowledge of endgame already to share.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Personally I'm done with the betas. I've seen what I needed to see, picked the class I'm going to be levelling, so now it's wait time for me until the game launches.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Personally I'm done with the betas. I've seen what I needed to see, picked the class I'm going to be levelling, so now it's wait time for me until the game launches.

I've got a few friends doing just that, they don't feel like spoiling the game further, they played till the first dungeon, set on a class and are now patiently awaiting OBT.

However I just can't do that, I am so bored lately and those three days every two weeks are a god send haha, at least I am not playing my main class in the CBT, playing what will be a future alt so it's alright. :D

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Originally posted by Pivotelite

I've got a few friends doing just that, they don't feel like spoiling the game further, they played till the first dungeon, set on a class and are now patiently awaiting OBT.

However I just can't do that, I am so bored lately and those three days every two weeks are a god send haha, at least I am not playing my main class in the CBT, playing what will be a future alt so it's alright. :D

Also done with beta, but more because its not really one.  Given its a released game and they are just translating for a Western audience.

Other than that, I don't think it stands a chance.  Its to generic and basic to go up against the big players.  Its polished, but more akin to a typical (intended) F2P title.

• HestiaHestia Member UncommonPosts: 119

So, I have had this burning in my mind for quite some time and I've been really wanting to ask this to you guys here. I've preordered this game already and I'm ready to go for the official launch. But I've been thinking like hardcore lately about it but do you guys see this game having a chance compared to games like World Of Warcraft? Or even SWTOR? I've been contemplating making dungeon/raid guides for this game but the one thing holding me back is the lack of attention the videos will get. So what say you?

Has a chance? :S

They successfully surpassed them already! Great gameplay, customer service, graphics etc. Enough said.

I'm sorry Grapevine but you're wrong. They are using these events to gather feedback (go look at their forums) to tweak and polish the game. They are also making sure the new changes over in Korea are correctly implemented. Not just past content but the new stuff from over there.

F2P...LOL

This title is every bit a AAA MMO. I'm sorry that you didn't have a chance to notice all of the details though.

• SharessSharess Member UncommonPosts: 293

Ditto here. Some Tribe members (see links below) are even on a EU server for beta (even though we are NA based on launch)  

We just can't get enough, just can't get enough 

Sharess Dragonstar - Midgard
    Grievance is recruiting.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

F2P...LOL

This title is every bit a AAA MMO. I'm sorry that you didn't have a chance to notice all of the details though.

People are ridiculous these days, I had a few people telling me TERA is just like any other Korean styled F2P game and I should took a look at Aika for proof...I downloaded that game in all of 10 minutes, opened it and wanted to kill someone, that had to be one of the worst MMOs I have ever had the displeasure of opening.

These baseless claims are getting ridiculous.

It could be genuine confusion, lack of experience with either F2P games or TERA, inability to see the overall quality of a game, prejudice because it's Korean or just simply trolling.

Aika, Dragon Nest, Vindictus are all made F2P. I'm sure they are fun but anyone who has played any AAA MMO should be able to see the deficient areas that make these games F2P. If not they should be charging a sub since there are people out there willing to pay it :)

Same i'm so broed -.- but than again i got fck college so on weekdays i'm usually to busy tring to not fail to bother XD Still out of stuff to do so playing maplestory now o.-

Originally posted by grapevine

Also done with beta, but more because its not really one.  Given its a released game and they are just translating for a Western audience.

Other than that, I don't think it stands a chance.  Its to generic and basic to go up against the big players.  Its polished, but more akin to a typical (intended) F2P title.

I like how people think o its Korea so its f2p. Lets fact it only reason people call its f2p is because its Korean.

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

F2P...LOL

People are ridiculous these days, I had a few people telling me TERA is just like any other Korean styled F2P game and I should took a look at Aika for proof...I downloaded that game in all of 10 minutes, opened it and wanted to kill someone, that had to be one of the worst MMOs I have ever had the displeasure of opening.

These baseless claims are getting ridiculous.

Aika had a good political system. 5 nation with 2 nation allaince constantly fighting each other for relics. It was pretty good end game material, better than most out there. Down side was the INSANE grind after lvl 51. and been F2P enhanced gear made you OP as fck. Also cash shop was EXPANSIVE AS FCK. Up side was gpotato does one thing right and allow you to trade cash shop item. But ya i have a friend thats a hardcore Aika player and he say people spend thousand of dollar a month enhancing stuff -.- its pretty much good few hundred bucks to +12 an item in there but basically if your fully +12 you can take out end party of 6 by yourself. So while it had really nice 3 way (coz 2 nation always allienced) pvp and it was really good. The pvp itself was just so unbalanced it was stupid, you stool no chance if you weren't godly geared.

I have to say this though, 1 thing Aika does right is dungeons, i mean they were challenging yet not retardly hard.

But ya quality wise it doesn't remotly stand up to Tera lol.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

Tera does stand a chance -- However the westernization passes that they are now doing have made that chance a lot less likely.  Things like removing the personal shops, the chaos boxes, and making a lot of items bind on pickup remove a lot of the uniqueness that tera has and moves the game more towards other games that exist.  I was actually really interested in playing a game where I could have a vendor that BUYS items which would help me craft etc and be able to buy decent items that were already enchanted.  The addition of BoP means not only will game currency not have much value but you will have to be lucky and run the dungeons over and over for your drops.  But worse you wont be able to trade duplicates to other people in your guild etc.  And worse still you will have to deal with getting the fodder for enchanting and the actual enchanting yourself.  I am simply not lucky enough to do that.  At any rate I was very interested in this game and unfortunately had to rescind my pre-order due to the direction that the game is going.

Before the recent and announced upcoming changes and direction I figured it was going to be a semi-niche product in the Americas with maybe 600k people looking for a novel experience and able to overlook its faults playing it.  With these changes I think the number is likely to be closer to 250k.  I think the changes will also adversely affect the retention rate.

Well hopefully EME get its act back together, i mean these changes are still easily reversed so i guess they just testing how it goes and hopefully if its not good for the game they will change it back. Personally personall shop only add to the game does no harm and I hate bound on anything because i work hard for my equips why shouldn't i have the right to sell it for money?

• OnomicOnomic Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by centkin

Tera does stand a chance -- However the westernization passes that they are now doing have made that chance a lot less likely.  Things like removing the personal shops, the chaos boxes, and making a lot of items bind on pickup remove a lot of the uniqueness that tera has and moves the game more towards other games that exist.  I was actually really interested in playing a game where I could have a vendor that BUYS items which would help me craft etc and be able to buy decent items that were already enchanted.  The addition of BoP means not only will game currency not have much value but you will have to be lucky and run the dungeons over and over for your drops.  But worse you wont be able to trade duplicates to other people in your guild etc.  And worse still you will have to deal with getting the fodder for enchanting and the actual enchanting yourself.  I am simply not lucky enough to do that.  At any rate I was very interested in this game and unfortunately had to rescind my pre-order due to the direction that the game is going.

Before the recent and announced upcoming changes and direction I figured it was going to be a semi-niche product in the Americas with maybe 600k people looking for a novel experience and able to overlook its faults playing it.  With these changes I think the number is likely to be closer to 250k.  I think the changes will also adversely affect the retention rate.

I agree with the bop, what an anoying mechanic. it actualy spoils your hunt for items as you can never make any money on em.

You spent alot of time blood and sweat just to get an epic item you can delete. How awsome, ill deffently do that one more time :/

when you cant make money on em people will stop running dungeons when they get theyr equipment and only do it for friends. It will get harder and harder for people that join those games late to  get anywhere without begging for someone to run em once to get the items.

That mechanic would never prevent me from playing a game but i must say i dont like it at all.