Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population Increase!!!!!

1234568»

Comments

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by Betel

Originally posted by ltank

Just like I thought; you can in no way whatsoever, prove that they manipulated (changed) the percentage values.

Manipulation of facts for propaganda purposes is nothing new and is quite obvious in this case.

They sold very few clients (the game is terrible so no surprise there) but needed some advertising and good news for the remaining shareholders. So they gave a meaningless % figure instead of the real numerical values.

It's a similar scam to Henrik always referring to forum member numbers as a some kind of guide to MO's popularity in stock reports. The actual subscriber base is so low he doesn't want to give figures for that, it would lead to his remaining shareholders and possible investors turning their back on the car crash that is SV's finances.

Pretty much this. When there is a slight population increase they didn't hesitate to point that out if I am not mistaking. If they use any other number or words than actual active subsciption, knowing Henrik it means he tries to weasel his way around mentioning that it been decreased.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Originally posted by ltank

Just like I thought; you can in no way whatsoever, prove that they manipulated (changed) the percentage values.

Manipulation of facts for propaganda purposes is nothing new and is quite obvious in this case.

They sold very few clients (the game is terrible so no surprise there) but needed some advertising and good news for the remaining shareholders. So they gave a meaningless % figure instead of the real numerical values.

It's a similar scam to Henrik always referring to forum member numbers as a some kind of guide to MO's popularity in stock reports. The actual subscriber base is so low he doesn't want to give figures for that, it would lead to his remaining shareholders and possible investors turning their back on the car crash that is SV's finances.

You're probably wrong too.

What you must know is, the remaining sandbox games are competing against each others in term of sells and subs. In the sandbox radar, i cant see nothing else, but MO, DF and some other fail sandbox. Should i include shadowbane EMU to be fair?

The MO increase anouncement happened a month or so after DF announced a wipe.(A reason to leave that game) Players transfered from EU1 server to NA1 server. EU1 is now pretty dead with 1 small sub island active(Cairn).  NA1 is healthy as never before.

Playing DF with high ping is pretty bad so not all players from EU can handle NA1 if they get over 200 pings. So their best choice can be to leave while waiting for 2.0 and buying mortal online instead. Thats how MO subs managed to rise i think. If you do transfer from EU1 to NA1, you lose all your bank and items on your character. Plus  a wipe announcement for DF, most EU1 players give'd up. Do you remember the myrm clan from MO? They tried DF long ago and today, they're back to MO. I followed some of their post in some MO recent youtube videos.

Now, look. I dont play MO. The bugs, the low pop and other incomplete stuff are not the reason i'm not subcribed to the game. I need to upgreate or buy a new computer. Even after that, i wouldnt subcribe for 1 reason. I'm an NA player and MO only as 1EU server. I tried MO open beta and pvp is not playable with high ping. So yeah, you'il see me defend the game even if i'm not subbed to it.

Also, what are you talking about? Nowadays, anyone can refere to MO forum members count. They're marked as players or those who got access to public only. Count the players and you got your sub. Its pretty hard to compar that to wow forum and the fact that only subscribed players can post.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

What you must know is, the remaining sandbox games are competing against each others in term of sells and subs. In the sandbox radar, i cant see nothing else, but MO, DF and some other fail sandbox. Should i include shadowbane EMU to be fair?

> implying Eve, Minecraft, Wurm, Perpetuum and all the other games you didn't mention simply don't exist.

Originally posted by RedRocket

> implying Eve, Minecraft, Wurm, Perpetuum and all the other games you didn't mention simply don't exist.

Joke aside(Wurm/minecraft, didnt deserve a mention)

My point is, what kind of players do you think MO attract the most?

I did my research. EVE online or perpetuum players are not the same as MO and DF. They probably wont jump on each others game. They will quit before they can either survive or understanding the meta game(Its not about levels).

A Typical eve player wont play DF or MO because of the FPS aspect and the limit on awarness. Eve is third person, but far far away from your ship like in world of warcraft. So you can easily feel whats going on around you. The eve players who tried DF or MO says that they are scare of the game because they can easily get sneaked on and ganked in a moment. They say that if they had to be stuck with DF/mo, they would stay in the NPC city, where they can feel safe and where they don't need to develop awarness from first person view and listening to the sound effects to locate your enemies.(I'm still shaking when i play DF)

As for a DF player jumping in EVE, i will take my opinion. EVE takes too much patient. As soon that i heard mathematic in a forum pvp discussion, i had to leave. I'm done with school, i'm not going back. I saw a youtube pvp video, i can'T tell whats going on. I really cant see myself in EVE. Beside, i'm an RTS player and i really thought i could like EVE by watching youtube videos.

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

Why are you excluding Wurm? You don't get to decide what is and isn't a sandbox MMO. Wurm appears to work quite nicely and has many sandbox features, so it is already a much better game and sandbox than MO ever will be.

Masochists who don't mind being lied to regularly, enjoy playing a broken game and love other players (school aged as well) having GM power over them.

Or do you mean the people who saw the PP presentation nd bought into the concept at that stage? Well they have all left.

I did my research. EVE online or perpetuum players are not the same as MO and DF. They probably wont jump on each others game. They will quit before they can either survive or understanding the meta game(Its not about levels).

ROFL, you know nothing about those players it seems.

The top guilds from early MO are playing things like Perpetuum now. They controlled large sections of the map and knew exactly how the game worked. Which is why they left when SV showed itself incapable of fixing the game to even a pre-alpha state.

A Typical eve player wont play DF or MO because of the FPS aspect and the limit on awarness. Eve is third person, but far far away from your ship like in world of warcraft. So you can easily feel whats going on around you. The eve players who tried DF or MO says that they are scare of the game because they can easily get sneaked on and ganked in a moment. They say that if they had to be stuck with DF/mo, they would stay in the NPC city, where they can feel safe and where they don't need to develop awarness from first person view and listening to the sound effects to locate your enemies.(I'm still shaking when i play DF)

This entire paragragh is absolute rubbish with no evidence to support it. As a former EVE and MO player I can tell you that you are wrong in your attempt to put a new spin on the "people don't play because they are not hardcore enough". Can you support a single word of what you posted?

MO is carebear candyland compared to EVE, it's not even up for debate.

As for a DF player jumping in EVE, i will take my opinion. EVE takes too much patient. As soon that i heard mathematic in a forum pvp discussion, i had to leave. I'm done with school, i'm not going back. I saw a youtube pvp video, i can'T tell whats going on. I really cant see myself in EVE. Beside, i'm an RTS player and i really thought i could like EVE by watching youtube videos.

So you admitting that you don't like complexity and depth? That's ok then, you will love MO as it has neither - it's just a constant deathmatch in the most buggy enviroment ever released in an MMO.

Also, what are you talking about? Nowadays, anyone can refere to MO forum members count. They're marked as players or those who got access to public only. Count the players and you got your sub. Its pretty hard to compar that to wow forum and the fact that only subscribed players can post.

I realise you don't know much about MO, but do your research before speaking on a subject please.

In SV's financial reports Henrik only ever refers to total forum member count  (note, not paying customers or even previous customers) as evidence of how healthy interest in his "game" is. That massively inflates the numbers and it is possible that investors with little to no knowledge of what that means could be fooled into investing - which is why Henrik does it.

It is a dishonest tactic that borders on lying to his investors.

I am amazed you even bother to reply to him, Betel. It is obvious from his post he got his head deep somewhere and doesn't wish to even consider anything that doesn't suit his views.

I think to carry on this conversation is kinda pointless, it's wisest to just chill till new official report is out and hope some solid numbers are used this time instead of vague percentage and activity reports.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Why are you excluding Wurm? You don't get to decide what is and isn't a sandbox MMO. Wurm appears to work quite nicely and has many sandbox features, so it is already a much better game and sandbox than MO ever will be.

Masochists who don't mind being lied to regularly, enjoy playing a broken game and love other players (school aged as well) having GM power over them.

Or do you mean the people who saw the PP presentation nd bought into the concept at that stage? Well they have all left.

ROFL, you know nothing about those players it seems.

The top guilds from early MO are playing things like Perpetuum now. They controlled large sections of the map and knew exactly how the game worked. Which is why they left when SV showed itself incapable of fixing the game to even a pre-alpha state.

This entire paragragh is absolute rubbish with no evidence to support it. As a former EVE and MO player I can tell you that you are wrong in your attempt to put a new spin on the "people don't play because they are not hardcore enough". Can you support a single word of what you posted?

MO is carebear candyland compared to EVE, it's not even up for debate.

So you admitting that you don't like complexity and depth? That's ok then, you will love MO as it has neither - it's just a constant deathmatch in the most buggy enviroment ever released in an MMO.

I actually laughed out loud when he tried to imply that EVE players cannot hack MO.  I have played both.  EVE is much better in all areas.  Try being a miner in hi-sec and watching any ship that gets close - even other miners because they might be fleeted with gankers and can call them in on you.  

Currently bored with MMO's.

Originally posted by Toferio

I am amazed you even bother to reply to him, Betel. It is obvious from his post he got his head deep somewhere and doesn't wish to even consider anything that doesn't suit his views.

Two reasons -

1) To correct inaccuracies

2) For the look on Henrik's face when he checks these forums every day ;)

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Originally posted by Toferio

Two reasons -

1) To correct inaccuracies

2) For the look on Henrik's face when he checks these forums every day ;)

hihghly doubt henrik checks the forums or even gets involved in the game all that much, hell his twitter account is hardly even used. Most likely the gms read these forums and make henrik aware of anything important that comes up, wether he listens or not is another matter.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

The people playing this game secretly hate themselves and wish to be punished for their wretched existence.

REPENT SINNERS! REPENT!!

(No, that's mean, good luck in MO-land peeps!)

Originally posted by Gajari

The people playing this game secretly hate themselves and wish to be punished for their wretched existence.

REPENT SINNERS! REPENT!!

im not playing mo right now, but i kinda wish i was. Looking at the current list of games available is depressing.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Originally posted by deathshroud

REPENT SINNERS! REPENT!!

im not playing mo right now, but i kinda wish i was. Looking at the current list of games available is depressing.

Yeah, there's not a lot of fun to go around in the MMO genre at the moment. MO lost me with the first impression of the game at launch when I bought it, and I won't be looking back, even though I hear it has improved a good bit now. I'm surprised how long the game has lasted, honestly. But then, I don't know how there are hundreds of MMO's available that are staying afloat, or how dozens of asian f2p games somehow have millions of people playing.

Hmm!

hihghly doubt henrik checks the forums or even gets involved in the game all that much, hell his twitter account is hardly even used. Most likely the gms read these forums and make henrik aware of anything important that comes up, wether he listens or not is another matter.

He has an enormous ego and likes to control all information about MO. He has a sig with his own picture and "CEO and Game Designer" on it ffs.  I reckon he reads here regularly, it's why we keep getting (dis)honourable mentions on the official boards from his own mouth. Then he tried to sweet talk us with Theia and promised veteran rewards, did they ever make it into the game btw?

So yes, likelihood is he does read here. We know he doesn't spend his time designing a working game at least ;)

REPENT SINNERS! REPENT!!

Welp.. can agree with that, it is indeed depressing :/

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

I have been playing the trial for the last few days, All i can say is this game is very very poor. If anyone is thinking about trying this game I wouldn't waste your time. I normally like every mmo i play until i get bored, MO I disliked the moment I was in game.

It plays like a game from the 80's, Did not like it one bit, I'm going to be playing EVE until GW2 or Arche Age.

He has an enormous ego and likes to control all information about MO. He has a sig with his own picture and "CEO and Game Designer" on it ffs.  I reckon he reads here regularly, it's why we keep getting (dis)honourable mentions on the official boards from his own mouth. Then he tried to sweet talk us with Theia and promised veteran rewards, did they ever make it into the game btw?

So yes, likelihood is he does read here. We know he doesn't spend his time designing a working game at least ;)

well i dont know him personally like you do betel. But if his ego was as huge as you say. Wouldnt he be posting twitter posts at least daily?

Originally posted by Kanester

I have been playing the trial for the last few days, All i can say is this game is very very poor. If anyone is thinking about trying this game I wouldn't waste your time. I normally like every mmo i play until i get bored, MO I disliked the moment I was in game.

It plays like a game from the 80's, Did not like it one bit, I'm going to be playing EVE until GW2 or Arche Age.

Don't expect a niche game to be good during your trial days. I'm surprise no one suggested you to join a clan(You probably didnt try to socialize in the 1st place). These games are not for soloers unless you really know the game, so there's a reason you didnt had fun. Has for now, its not a pve game yet(wait for the next expansion for that aspect)

I tried mo during open beta and i had fun. You just need to jump in with the right mindset. With the realistic aspect of the game, roleplaying was really something this time and i usually don't do that.

On topic, i still believe in MO's pop increase. If the devs really wanted a pop increase so hard that they would have to lie about it, what do you think they would do or change in the 1st place? Nudity removed, minimap/world map and a lot more simple stuff added. MO devs doesnt seem that desesparate to me yet. They're making a game for themselves too and i cant find the poetic word to fit that.

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by Kanester

Don't expect a niche game to be good during your trial days.

At least the last 4 niche games I played in a row were all good/great/awesome. Eve, WW2 Online, Wurm, Renaissance Kingdoms.

I wouldn't advise anyone to spend time/effort/money on MO though, it's just a waste. Every cent goes into Henrick's Mercedes and his minions/alts spamtrolling on other forums.

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150

Hey deathshroud, how is the "coding" coming along? I had a couple of questions for you in that other thread if you could answer them whenever since this thread is mostly for the 'population is booming' quotes.

As for the quoted part, here you have it. Straight from the horse's mou...err....I mean your new 'Community Manager', Starvault's GM Theia's mouth:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4595760#4595760

Originally posted by GMTheia

So can we (pretty please) cut out the criticism that he's not posting here himself?

I am posting for him he is reading these threads.

Rest assured, according to what his GM says he might most likely be lurking around these forums itching to post a piece of his mind, unless you want to call your MO community manager a complete liar? Or do you know him personally to say otherwise?

EDIT

They're making a game for themselves too and i cant find the poetic word to fit that.

The word you are looking for is fan-modding (for subscribers). You are welcome.

• Feather5Feather5 Member Posts: 90
    Betel I do play MO and I am subscribing also, sig is old (I'm on my phone - can't see it)

Ex. myth of soma, legend of mir, mu online and eudemons online player.

Current game : Runescape (until pc build is complete)

well i dont know him personally like you do betel. But if his ego was as huge as you say. Wouldnt he be posting twitter posts at least daily?

He was posting on Twitter a lot at first, including saying he would release a map when he got 1000 subscribers. When he realised only the 50 poeple or so that play MO were subscribing, he kept dropping the number needed for his "reveal". I imagine he looks at his Twitter account and cries a little at night, so no wonder he rarely uses it now.

Don't expect a niche game to be good during your trial days. I'm surprise no one suggested you to join a clan(You probably didnt try to socialize in the 1st place). These games are not for soloers unless you really know the game, so there's a reason you didnt had fun. Has for now, its not a pve game yet(wait for the next expansion for that aspect)

You make a lot of assumptions in this paragraph to try and find a reason he didn't like the game. Perhaps he didn't like it for the same reason 99% of people who have tried it don't like it - it is a terrible game full of bugs. Instead of inventing fantasy scenarios, why don't you just ask him?

I tried mo during open beta and i had fun. You just need to jump in with the right mindset. With the realistic aspect of the game, roleplaying was really something this time and i usually don't do that.

What "realistic aspects"? It's a deathmatch arena where people magically return from the dead. What is realistic about people warping around inside buildings for eg, do you do it at home?

On topic, i still believe in MO's pop increase. If the devs really wanted a pop increase so hard that they would have to lie about it, what do you think they would do or change in the 1st place? Nudity removed, minimap/world map and a lot more simple stuff added. MO devs doesnt seem that desesparate to me yet. They're making a game for themselves too and i cant find the poetic word to fit that.

They have lied about it, including on this forum. Theia for example. That is as clear a marker of desperation as I can think of.

Originally posted by RainBringer

Hey deathshroud, how is the "coding" coming along? I had a couple of questions for you in that other thread if you could answer them whenever since this thread is mostly for the 'population is booming' quotes.

As for the quoted part, here you have it. Straight from the horse's mou...err....I mean your new 'Community Manager', Starvault's GM Theia's mouth:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4595760#4595760

Originally posted by GMTheia

So can we (pretty please) cut out the criticism that he's not posting here himself?

I am posting for him he is reading these threads.

Rest assured, according to what his GM says he might most likely be lurking around these forums itching to post a piece of his mind, unless you want to call your MO community manager a complete liar? Or do you know him personally to say otherwise?

EDIT

They're making a game for themselves too and i cant find the poetic word to fit that.

The word you are looking for is fan-modding (for subscribers). You are welcome.

considering its rare to see him on the official forums, im quite possibly the most active person on the official forums and its rare to see his name on the list of people checking out the official website leads me to beleive he views these forums even less. However both gm theia and gm athanas are quite active and probably view these forums many times per day, letting henrik know of any issues that come up. Does henrik check these forums? probably once in a while but certainly not on any kind of regular basis since he checks the official forums on occasion and certainly not daily. His twitter account is indeed hardly used, many game developers post 10 or more times per day usually about stuff happening in their own lives instead of about the games they are making which henrik doesnt really do at least not yet. heres an example...

http://twitter.com/#!/inovae_keith this guy is 1 of the lead developers of Infinity online, the game that will eventually replace EVE. Its obvious he quite fancies himself if Ego = posting about yourself and your daily activities more than the actual game your making.

As for my coding experience i can tell you i have no affiliation with SV in any way other than being a customer, i havent even been a member of their "Focus" group. mainly due to being rather busy. This forum room is here so we can discuss the game Mortal Online so please dont bring my personal life into it.

considering its rare to see him on the official forums, im quite possibly the most active person on the official forums and its rare to see his name on the list of people checking out the official website leads me to beleive he views these forums even less.

PrinceReaper and others have more posts than you don't they? Why would Henrik's name show up on the user list while viewing forums if he did not want it to or had not logged in? Are you suggesting he knows so little about computing that he doesn't know about cookies and logins?

Does henrik check these forums? probably once in a while but certainly not on any kind of regular basis since he checks the official forums on occasion and certainly not daily.

Well Theia said he reads these forums prettty regularly.

His twitter account is indeed hardly used, many game developers post 10 or more times per day usually about stuff happening in their own lives instead of about the games they are making which henrik doesnt really do at least not yet

It's hardly used because he expected 1000's of followers and had to beg for more than 40. It was hilarious.

http://twitter.com/#!/inovae_keith this guy is 1 of the lead developers of Infinity online, the game that will eventually replace EVE. Its obvious he quite fancies himself if Ego = posting about yourself and your daily activities more than the actual game your making.

Or he is making a game 2000+ people are interested in so it's a valid marketing tool for him.  No one appears to be interested in MO by comparison.

As for my coding experience i can tell you i have no affiliation with SV in any way other than being a customer, i havent even been a member of their "Focus" group. mainly due to being rather busy. Thisforum room is here so we can discuss the game Mortal Online so please dont bring my personal life into it.

You made a "claim to authority" and are refusing to back it up, and in fact are attacking other posters for questioning it. In all the discussions we have had about coding on this board you have never mentioned being a professional in the field, therefore we can give your claim very little credibility. Why did you bring it up then attempt to forbid discussion of it, why did you not mention it before?

considering its rare to see him on the official forums, im quite possibly the most active person on the official forums and its rare to see his name on the list of people checking out the official website leads me to beleive he views these forums even less.

PrinceReaper and others have more posts than you don't they? Why would Henrik's name show up on the user list while viewing forums if he did not want it to or had not logged in? Are you suggesting he knows so little about computing that he doesn't know about cookies and logins?

Prince is the only other member i know of with more posts than me. I know henrik has it set to autologin because his name appears when he visits the forum and most often doesnt make a post on there. So why would he login to not post anything? unless of course he was set to autologin when he visits the site. Im a very active member on the forums even if my post count isnt the highest im usually one of the first with news from either this site reaching the official site or seeing news released on the official forums.

Does henrik check these forums? probably once in a while but certainly not on any kind of regular basis since he checks the official forums on occasion and certainly not daily.

Well Theia said he reads these forums prettty regularly.

So now your taking thier word as gospel? i thoguht you didnt beleive anything SV or its employees tell you but obviously you havent learnt your lessonimage. Seems like you only beleive what you want to beleive if it suits you. Truth is he isnt very active on the offical forums and he does have it set to autologin. Now it is possible that he logs in each time for no reason and most of the time he isnt logged in but thats like shouting Zebra when you here a horse aproaching instead of assuming its a horse.

His twitter account is indeed hardly used, many game developers post 10 or more times per day usually about stuff happening in their own lives instead of about the games they are making which henrik doesnt really do at least not yet

It's hardly used because he expected 1000's of followers and had to beg for more than 40. It was hilarious.

Thats an assumption but you could very well be correct.

Or he is making a game 2000+ people are interested in so it's a valid marketing tool for him.  No one appears to be interested in MO by comparison.

A marketing tool yes, but do people who are interested in the game hes making really want to konw what he had for breakfast or his opinions on the latest news article? probably not.

As for my coding experience i can tell you i have no affiliation with SV in any way other than being a customer, i havent even been a member of their "Focus" group. mainly due to being rather busy. Thisforum room is here so we can discuss the game Mortal Online so please dont bring my personal life into it.

You made a "claim to authority" and are refusing to back it up, and in fact are attacking other posters for questioning it. In all the discussions we have had about coding on this board you have never mentioned being a professional in the field, therefore we can give your claim very little credibility. Why did you bring it up then attempt to forbid discussion of it, why did you not mention it before?

There was no "claim to authority" i simply said i agreed with rainbringer on his description of what the term scripting in game developing terms usually refers to. I do have experience with scripting but my experience is irrelevant what is important is that i agree with rainbringers opinion on scripting and not yours.

Seems like you always try to go round in circles but here it is..

This discussion has been closed.