Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect 3... Aaaaand... Back to Skyrim in less than a week + a Jamaican Prothean

TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

In general I'm an optimist so on the bright side, I havent run a single mod on Skyrim yet, so when I get back to it, I'll have a bizillion things to play around with. The down side of course is that after those ME3 endings, how could I even replay or buy their DLC's.

The type of dissappointment is different then the feeling I had when I cancelled my swtor pre-order's and quit beta, it's actually lingering a bit. Probably because like most ME fans, we have 5 years or so invested in this franchise.

I find it a little funny that after both swtor and ME3 my fall back game is / was Skyrim and more recently Table Top D&D (in the form of Pathfinder).

Someone already made a thread about how ME3 sucks or something so I'll cut this short and go back to Skyrim lol

just 1 more thing.

A Jamaican / Gungan Prothean though...c'mon really? Well, maybe more Jamaican but I think Keith David aka Anderson aka Goliath was holdin it down pretty well they really didn't need to do that with the prothean did they? Javik's ok though, I think.

Is this gonna be the new thing, instead of the british accent for aliens and past civilizations it's gonna be Jamaican aliens? LOL

My parents are Jamaican so..do the math.

Comments

• ValentynValentyn Member Posts: 11

That's an African accent, you racist.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Originally posted by Valentyn

Egypt or South Africa?

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

Oh really? Sounds like that fake Jamaican accent from "how stella got her groove back." So the prothean is south african, does that explain why he has no valuable scientific knowledge and only knows about fighting?

LOL I'm j/k terrible joke I know.

DieAntword for life?

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by Trionicus

A Jamaican / Gungan Prothean though...c'mon really? Well, maybe more Jamaican but I think Keith David aka Anderson aka Goliath was holdin it down pretty well they really didn't need to do that with the prothean did they? Javik's ok though, I think.

Is this gonna be the new thing, instead of the british accent for aliens and past civilizations it's gonna be Jamaican aliens? LOL

Your parents are Jamaican? according to our Jamaican liberties that makes you a citizen of Jamaica as well. I guess what I'm really wondering is where you were going with this whole statement. I'm Jamaican so I had to chime in xD

Originally posted by Scripture1

Your parents are Jamaican? according to our Jamaican liberties that makes you a citizen of Jamaica as well. I guess what I'm really wondering is where you were going with this whole statement. I'm Jamaican so I had to chime in xD

Hmm... I mean to say that I'm not trying to insult Jamaicans. Though if we want to get into the nitty gritties of Jamaican  immigration you'd be really suprised at whats "legal" or lawful. Also since I'm actually a Canadian citizen through birth I don't care to have any other citizenship.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by Scripture1

Hmm... I mean to say that I'm not trying to insult Jamaicans. Though if we want to get into the nitty gritties of Jamaican  immigration you'd be really suprised at whats "legal" or lawful. Also since I'm actually a Canadian citizen through birth I don't care to have any other citizenship.

Eh, thanks for clearing that up for me. Though It really doesnt matter what your current citizenship status is anywhere in the world really. I was only stating facts that most people with Jamaican parents may have not known. I'm happy you have patriotism and wouldnt for a second even try convincing you to otherwise. 

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by NorseGod

Originally posted by Valentyn

Egypt or South Africa?

Unladen or laden?

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

They have a clown Prothean (referring to the Gungan part, not Jamaican). Really?

I thought one of the good things of ME and DAO series was that they did not use any clown features as comical relief. But I guess that has changed?

The prawns love the cat food?

Ok now I'm just trolling myself wtf. Back to netflix for me.

Originally posted by Yamota

They have a clown Prothean (referring to the Gungan part, not Jamaican). Really?

I thought one of the good things of ME and DAO series was that they did not use any clown features as comical relief. But I guess that has changed?

No, he doesn't serve a comical purpose, well rarely but the humor is in good taste. I was just refering to the similarities as far as the accent. The real comedy is avoiding all the gay romances, that became the real joke.

After getting a flirtatious response from a male companion (not deliberately) I became paranoid about trying to avoid male on male romance, not wanting to "go down on" that path, haha clever pun right? Anyways, not wanting to have my Shepard gay, I tried to avoid selecting conversation options that sounded remotely positive LOL sometimes resulting in renegade options that I would have rather not have chosen. Now THAT was hilarious but not in a cool enjoyable way.