Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game is going into beta, finally, so... why the qq?

13»

Comments

• VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I seriously dont see any flaws, the game is still exactly turning out to be like i expected it to be for over a year now...

Not perfect, but fully according to Arenanets vission.

Didn't you guys get the memo? The crystal ball says GW2 will have a cash shop.

Like, a REAL cash shop, that kind of cash shop. The haters may have been right, after all.

A lot a things have been happening lately that are the complete opposite of Anet's vision. I've been following GW2 ever since it was announced, but now I'm getting increasingly worried.

Hype train -> Reality

• Gel214thGel214th Member UncommonPosts: 188

Originally posted by WellzyC 

Did you read that..

All of us who preordered WILL be playing GUILD WARS 2 in just over a month in April. Never mind that’s its a beta, we will be able to finally play it and see firsthand what this game is really about.

Let’s stop with this Nit Picking, it really shows just how crappy the MMO fan base has become.

Yeah..playing for like three days...until the next Beta event etc. It doesn't strike me as being a Continuous Open Beta. It's limited time events that focus on specific aspects of gameplay that the team wants to test. That's the impression I got.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by VowOfSilence

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I seriously dont see any flaws, the game is still exactly turning out to be like i expected it to be for over a year now...

Not perfect, but fully according to Arenanets vission.

Didn't you guys get the memo? The crystal ball says GW2 will have a cash shop.

Like, a REAL cash shop, that kind of cash shop. The haters may have been right, after all.

A lot a things have been happening lately that are the complete opposite of Anet's vision. I've been following GW2 ever since it was announced, but now I'm getting increasingly worried.

I'm sorry but if you have been following the game since it was announced you would have known it was going to have a cash shop for a while now. GW1 has a cash shop and guess what. Its exactly what Anet said they plan on doing with GW2. Cosmetic stuff mostly. Maybe character slots. Hell maybe even backpack space. Maybe even versions of skills that look awesome but are the same skill as another (like in both CE versions). But it wont be P2W.

The only thing that really concerns me is how expensive the cash shop will be. The DCE price has me worried. I will happily support the game through the cash shop if it delivers but not if it costs $20 for a mini pet and some one time use items.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by Gel214th

Did you read that..

All of us who preordered WILL be playing GUILD WARS 2 in just over a month in April. Never mind that’s its a beta, we will be able to finally play it and see firsthand what this game is really about.

Let’s stop with this Nit Picking, it really shows just how crappy the MMO fan base has become.

Yeah..playing for like three days...until the next Beta event etc. It doesn't strike me as being a Continuous Open Beta. It's limited time events that focus on specific aspects of gameplay that the team wants to test. That's the impression I got.

Thats what I assumed untill they decided that you could buy your way into beta from the get go. Because of that I'm thinking more along the lines of what TERA is doing with its beta tests. Either way is fine with me though.

• goldiewilsongoldiewilson Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by InFaVilla

Because not everyone accepts the flaws that are starting to appear. Just because a person has many reasons to look forward to GW2, it doesn't mean that you need to stay all positive about every issue.

Most of the "flaws" are from WOW and TOR fanbois who are upset the game isn't just like WOW or TOR. How dare they not put in raid loot progression. 

QQ all the way home losers.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Most things being talked about is the payment plans, no mounts, not a seamless world like a sandbox, and pretty much what's confirmed to not be there or not understanding things like the mail trading system and what not. Because there isn't really much to talk or complain about, can't even call it a wow clone, that takes away a lot of negative threads. I mean people will call it that just to piss off the fan base, some will confuse and literally think other things in rifts and pqs were done the same [exact] way which unfortunately it isn't and it is what it is. Some people have a hard time deciding on whether it's a pvp focused game or pve focused game because the selling points are varied for many. I'm more attracted to the pve as it is much more enjoyable than others but that's because of my style how ever people could like it for pvp and don't have to even stress pve if they want too. So there isn't many things to qq about so when all else fails you either qq about not understanding a concept or the payment plan they have. Some have expectations outside the game itself. It is what it is and take care guys I'm excited to play this game, and see you there. Oh also keep making something out of nothing it's amusing none the less, cheers.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by BadSpock

/cheer

Honestly I think people are afraid of being excited about anything on MMORPG.com because there is SO much negativity on this site, even the smallest amount of positive attitude will bring the h8ters out from their dens to decend upon their excitement like locusts.

You're either a hater or a fan boi here.

Positive thread must = fan boi in their eyes.

I think it's human psychology - just look at the news, bad news gets more press and higher ratings than good news.

People LIKE to fight and argue and rant/rave and be negative, even if they would NEVER admit it.

People love drama.

Me? Super excited for GW2 and the idea of playing soon due to pre-purchase. So much win. My desktop background slide show of GW2 artwork that rotates every 30 seconds mocks me every day lol

Haha, me too! And next to my computer screen I have the 2 novels. Soon the CE will join the collection!

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Originally posted by Cammy

Because of the following:

1) People are dumb

2) People whine about EVERYTHING

3) People love to jump on their own soapbox (usually because of 1, 2)

4) See 1 and 2 again... 

That's having a real open mind there LOL.  So basically GW2 is perfect so no reason to change anything.  Or if it isn't perfect, just let ANet figure it out without mentioning it or discussing it.

I for one have been on and off the GW2 bandwagon several times.  I will admit that, as of now, I am overall disappointed with their design decisions.  Many of my issues include:

1) Focus on instanced PVP.  Battlegrounds to me in an MMO is just plain garbage.  FPS does it better.  As for RvRvR there is some hope there, but I'm not convinced as it resets frequently supposedly.  If RvRvR ends up being epic I might jump back on the bandwagon.  There is absolutely no open world PVP in this game and I do not like that design decision

2) Cash shop.  And no, it looks like it isn't just full of shiny's but actual experience altering items.  Slippery slope at best.

3) Insta-teleporting and multiple load screens.  Will make the world less immersive and take away that exploration feeling.  Sure you don't have to, but once teleporting is a feature you will use it and so will everybody else.  Sometimes something we will use is actually not a good thing because we will use it.  Hard to explain but thats how I feel

4) I'm not a huge fan of the art style.  Not a gamebreaker at all, but not a fan of it.  Especially the pokemon Asuras

5) A very personal reason is I don't like the blink on/off stealth along with mobile melee/range dynamic of the thief.  I don't think I like their interpretation of the thief.  I prefer more of the deliberate assassin as opposed to the hyper ninja.  I know many disagree, but I'm giving you MY reasons

Now, on the flip side some of it seems exciting.  Lots of skills to choose.  RvRvR might be cool.  Dynamic events, although we've been promised these before, might actually be fun.  But as of right now, all the negatives I've discovered about the game currently outweight the positives.  This may change yet again as time goes on (like I've said, I've alternated multiple times now from excitement and dissapointment)

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

All things in the post above me are totally opinion based and are his views on the game..except for the ingame shop which he totally has no idea and is yust rambling something weird because only things arenanet says theyll aim to seell is cosmetics and things like temporary portable bankers, they wont sell anything which gives an advantage over some1 else..ever...well..unless your an idiot who forgets to sell things at an vendor..then the guy with the portable banker will own you XD

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

Originally posted by timeraider

except for the ingame shop which he totally has no idea and is yust rambling something weird because only things arenanet says theyll aim to seell is cosmetics and things like temporary portable bankers, they wont sell anything which gives an advantage over some1 else..ever...well..unless your an idiot who forgets to sell things at an vendor..then the guy with the portable banker will own you XD

- Last month, Anet changed the line "cosmetic additions which will not affect balance or gameplay" to "items do not offer any advantage over those available in the game through the investment of time."

- The influence item that comes with the collector's edition already IS an item that gives you an advantage. Wiki says influence can be used both for WvW and PvE advantages, like increased rare drops, +healing/hp for WvW etc.

- http://i.imgur.com/xqdvI.jpg (beta auction house, notice the diamond icon in the lower left corner)

- http://i.imgur.com/AVpQk.jpg (+20% XP bonus item)

Hype train -> Reality

• PurplehazzPurplehazz Member Posts: 27

Arena net is finally, after years of waiting, starting to begin the release process with closed beta and announcing the Public Beta's and preorders.

Yet, 9/10 posts on this section are..  WTF CE too expensive. WTF CE items blow. WTF need to buy the game for beta. WTF  no forums.

What’s with all this ridicules negativity?  I’m not trying to draw arguments. But honestly -- this is a really exciting time for all of us who have been keeping an eye on this game. We are all finally going to be able to play this game in a little over 1 month.

Did you read that..

I couldn't have said it better myself.  Even though this thread is about being happy with what they have given us so far it still seems to find its way right back to the BITCHING about trivial BS.  Trying to escape that sort of shoty ignorant critisism is like trying to dig your way out of a pile of shit with a toothpick.

That being said.  Why can't I walk backwards at the same speed that I walk forward?  Completely unplayable BS!

All things in the post above me are totally opinion based and are his views on the game..except for the ingame shop which he totally has no idea and is yust rambling something weird because only things arenanet says theyll aim to seell is cosmetics and things like temporary portable bankers, they wont sell anything which gives an advantage over some1 else..ever...well..unless your an idiot who forgets to sell things at an vendor..then the guy with the portable banker will own you XD

Yes, they are all opinioned based.  Even the cash shop.  And my assumptions on the cash shop are based on the types of things they are giving you with the CE.  There is an actual skill that comes with the CE if I am not mistaken.  A skill that allows a summon to help you fight in PVE.  I believe I read there will also be things that help with the experience system:  temporary boosts.

And I expect responses dismissing my opinions from certain people with a certain fanatical disposition to the game.  But you discredit yourself when you say things like "rambling something weird" at comments that discuss features that some think are not good features.  Yes they are opinions, just like pretty much everything else posted on this sight positive and negative.  I don't believe I have posted anything factually incorrect but please, correct me if I'm wrong on the FACTS not opinions.  My opinions I can attest are my opinions...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Shamorau

Originally posted by Dragonantis

Well this has happened with every game for the past 8 years.

The game is announced, some trailers are shown, people get mega hyped for it.

Then a beta is announced and the game bashing and QQ begins.

The beta is played and people focus only on the bad of a game and never the good.

Simple example.

Oh wow this game is amazing, the graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is fluid, the combat is exciting....wait I CANT JUMP OFF CLIFFS!?!?!?

BAD GAME SCREW THIS IM GOIN BACK TO WOW

^this

its nothing new, wait until the game actually releases then you'll see the hate mail flow.

Because after people get a chance to play it, perhaps it won't turn to be nearly as amazing as their expectations led them up to be.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by Shamorau

Originally posted by Dragonantis

Well this has happened with every game for the past 8 years.

The game is announced, some trailers are shown, people get mega hyped for it.

Then a beta is announced and the game bashing and QQ begins.

The beta is played and people focus only on the bad of a game and never the good.

Simple example.

Oh wow this game is amazing, the graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is fluid, the combat is exciting....wait I CANT JUMP OFF CLIFFS!?!?!?

BAD GAME SCREW THIS IM GOIN BACK TO WOW

^this

its nothing new, wait until the game actually releases then you'll see the hate mail flow.

Because after people get a chance to play it, perhaps it won't turn to be nearly as amazing as their expectations led them up to be.

Not sure whether you can jump off cliffs or not in GW2, but if not I could see why some people would react negatively to that.  The invisible walls in GW1 were very annoying.  Not just on cliffs but even small ledges and low fences.  I am assuming they would not do that in GW2 though so it had never been a concern for me.  But invisible walls in general is a bad idea.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Arena net is finally, after years of waiting, starting to begin the release process with closed beta and announcing the Public Beta's and preorders.

Yet, 9/10 posts on this section are..  WTF CE too expensive. WTF CE items blow. WTF need to buy the game for beta. WTF  no forums.

What’s with all this ridicules negativity?  I’m not trying to draw arguments. But honestly -- this is a really exciting time for all of us who have been keeping an eye on this game. We are all finally going to be able to play this game in a little over 1 month.

Did you read that..

Well put sir! Well put...

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

GW2 will be the new MMO benchmark (taking over WoW)

Anet knows how to please the casual crowd, I hope they also learnt how rto please the dedicated Mmorpg players.

With GW1 they failed to make an impact on the mmorpg core (not hardcore) players, but I think they learnt the lesson

GW1 didn't feel like a MMORPG and that was the main grip with the game, Arenanet surely had undesrtood where they went wrong, and from what I read it looks like they are on the ball.

Can't wait!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by ste2000

GW2 will be the new MMO benchmark (taking over WoW)

Anet knows how to please the casual crowd, I hope they also learnt how rto please the dedicated Mmorpg players.

With GW1 they failed to make an impact on the mmorpg core (not hardcore) players, but I think they learnt the lesson

GW1 didn't feel like a MMORPG and that was the main grip with the game, Arenanet surely had undesrtood where they went wrong, and from what I read it looks like they are on the ball.

Can't wait!

Actually, they wanted to make GW a "true" MMO but they couldn't due to a very low budget. All quests in the game is made by 4 people, all code written by 3 and so on.

It still is on the top list of best selling PC games ever. It is not really any lesson here, they just got a good budget now.

Many companies start out with releasing a cheap game before a MMO to get in money, 38 studio and undead labs are 2 other companies using that tactic.

Of course they learnt stuff while making GW but that is not the reason GW2 is so different.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

except for the ingame shop which he totally has no idea and is yust rambling something weird because only things arenanet says theyll aim to seell is cosmetics and things like temporary portable bankers, they wont sell anything which gives an advantage over some1 else..ever...well..unless your an idiot who forgets to sell things at an vendor..then the guy with the portable banker will own you XD

- Last month, Anet changed the line "cosmetic additions which will not affect balance or gameplay" to "items do not offer any advantage over those available in the game through the investment of time."

- The influence item that comes with the collector's edition already IS an item that gives you an advantage. Wiki says influence can be used both for WvW and PvE advantages, like increased rare drops, +healing/hp for WvW etc.

- http://i.imgur.com/xqdvI.jpg (beta auction house, notice the diamond icon in the lower left corner)

it seems someone has proof of shops that sell items that are not just cosmetic any more now........ok fanbois......plz explain these screens :p

Originally posted by oubers

it seems someone has proof of shops that sell items that are not just cosmetic any more now........ok fanbois......plz explain these screens :p

In defense of the GW2 fans, many of them ARE concerned by this.  Others feel it is only buying "convenience" so it isn't pay-to-win, but to me I would equate it with gold selling in other games which I personally consider a form of pay-to-win.  Sure, you can get gold in game but it may take you a lot of time to get the same stuff everybody else has so you are always playing catchup.

Full Disclosure:  I will not be purchasing GW2 at launch due to a number of reasons, one of which is the cash shop

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Originally posted by gainesvilleg

In defense of the GW2 fans, many of them ARE concerned by this.  Others feel it is only buying "convenience" so it isn't pay-to-win, but to me I would equate it with gold selling in other games which I personally consider a form of pay-to-win.  Sure, you can get gold in game but it may take you a lot of time to get the same stuff everybody else has so you are always playing catchup.

Full Disclosure:  I will not be purchasing GW2 at launch due to a number of reasons, one of which is the cash shop

All games have that - ever hear of EXP scrolls? NON-ISSUE NON-STARTER.

Also, ever think they added those to lvl closed beta players quciker for testing areas further along? People really need to think and reason things out before posting non-sense.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

2 things to note,

The diamond is rumored to be a hard currency conversion system IE $10 gives you x amount of points and you spend those points the cash shop. It is not used in the Trading Post, but might have a future RMT use, just have to wait and see.

Exp boosts were in Guild Wars one, didn't hear anyone complaining back then.

Originally posted by botrytis

Originally posted by gainesvilleg

All games have that - ever hear of EXP scrolls? NON-ISSUE NON-STARTER.

Also, ever think they added those to lvl closed beta players quciker for testing areas further along? People really need to think and reason things out before posting non-sense.

You don't even have an issue with the chalice of glory?  It basically is buying rewards that are otherwise earned by doing PVP.  I'm just surprised more people don't have issues with people given advantages for paying more money.

I bothers me, but maybe I'm just too old school.  Only cash shop things I don't have a problem with are cosmetic only.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by moosecatlol

2 things to note,

The diamond is rumored to be a hard currency conversion system IE $10 gives you x amount of points and you spend those points the cash shop. It is not used in the Trading Post, but might have a future RMT use, just have to wait and see.

Exp boosts were in Guild Wars one, didn't hear anyone complaining back then.

Just to add to what moosecatlol said on the little boosters. Well any form of boost is really a non-issue with GW2's systems. For one, if you are a part of a decent guild then your guild will be buying these Guild-wide boosters anyway and the Guild ones last more than a 1hr. Also an XP booster is a non-issue, as there is no endgame progression to rush to. The Glory boost is pointless since it will only help you getting different looking PvP gear, with no stat-driven progression. A Influence boost is pointless, because like I said earlier any decent guild will have it running when necessary. (link)